[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't it ok to kill yourself? I mean, you'll come right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: 1442010946420.jpg (45 KB, 501x564) Image search: [Google]
1442010946420.jpg
45 KB, 501x564
Isn't it ok to kill yourself? I mean, you'll come right back. Something must fill the void-like how the time when you go under for anesthesia and the time when you wake up seem to be stitched together seamlessly.

Not "you" of course, but you will be forced into "experience" immediately upon your previous embodied experiencer losing the last trace of consciousness.

You can't die. The eternal "now" must necessarily be experienced, there must be a center to every circle-a stand-alone conduit that that is there to breath life into the circumference.

You won't wake up here, again though. But hey, if you don't like the next place, you can just kill yourself again-essentially "rerolling" until you find an existence you find suitable.

But you never know when you'll find out that you're just an actor in a grand play in the next "experience". So it could be a very torturous existence.
>>
>>25383027
Haha yes friend you have a perfect outlook. I'm guessing you've been listening to Alan Watts recently?
>>
>>25383027
When you die it's like before you were born.
>>
That's terrifying. I find myself thinking about it a lot and I really hope it's not the case.
>>
OP's pic made me literally lol
>>
Exactly. And you cannot remember anything before you were born because there's absolutely nothing to remember.

Your center of consciousness has been changed entirely. There's no bits there that evidence your "previous" life.

You can't play the game right if you did remember what you were previously. It would be cheating and the whole thing wouldn't work. Plus, the thing you were "before" was likely so radically different that your current self would have no analog to draw upon to conceptualize it. How do you describe being a bee, for example?

>>25383104
Yes, I've been finding him especially interesting because his ideas have corroborated many of the things I've felt.
>>
>>25383027
This is exactly what i've thought since I was a teen, but I never had the words to describe this.

The idea of never ceasing to exist is very scary.
>>
>>25383196
It's not something to be afraid of. It's the most exuberant, exceedingly beautiful thing.

What it boils down to is an infinite "now", I think. This moment, right now, as your eyes scan across these marks on your monitor and near instantaneously translate them into things you can consciously understand and you read them aloud inside your head and has now since passed as you read this-that moment, that interval of time, that is now happening right now again-

DOES NOT EVER STOP EVER AND IF IT DID STOP YOU WOULDN'T NOTICE IT AND YOU WOULD JUST SKIP TO WHEN IT STARTS BACK UP AGAIN!

You can't completely grasp the concept when you're sober though, I think. You NEED to think that this is the only life, that when "you" die it's all over. You can't not naturally think that way (unless you have a really peculiar mental disorder, which would be interesting) because it would stand in direct opposition to the relationship between the self and the other. The infinite, all-encompassing whole and the infinitesimally thin, infinitely approaching "nothing" that is the being that accompanies the absolute center of that whole.

You need to think of yourself as the perfect center of the universe, you need to believe in that illusion so earnestly such that the self and other illusion is complete. Such that you believe that things can happen to you-that you are the center. This is because you are the center.
>>
When you die there is nothing, and you won't experience it.

That's it.
>>
What proof do you have?

Seems like you're merely rationalizing a crazy idea to somehow relieve yourself of the ultimate fear, the fear of not existing anymore
>>
File: 1448383452847.png (573 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1448383452847.png
573 KB, 900x900
>>25383027
>but you will be forced into "experience" immediately upon your previous embodied experiencer losing the last trace of consciousness

WHAT

WHY WOULD YOU THINK THIS

DOES A MACHINE COME BACK BECAUSE NO ONE IS FILLING THE VOID OF DISPENSING COFFEE?

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF ROLEPLAYER
>>
What proof do you have that we can reroll. I don't trust the universe to keep consciousness alive. Its over when you die. There is nothing. Not even blackness. You won't be able to care that you're gone. But you won't wake back up. Did you experience consciousness before this life?
>>
>>25383882
>>25383874
>>25383814
>>25383730

Because you die everyday.

When you go to sleep (provided you don't dream) you instantly wake back up. You can't experience those 8 or so hours when you were sleeping, because your brain doesn't accept inputs when your sleeping.

It's just like when you die. You can't see, you can't hear, you can't feel, you can't think, because that which has allowed you to do all those things is no longer living.

You cannot know it at all.

You have to wake up after it, because for the universe to exist, there must be an "observer" of sorts. Someone to catch the pitch the universe is throwing.
>>
>>25383987
>A computer can turn back on after being turned off, so it can turn back on after being dunked in molten lead

>because for the universe to exist, there must be an "observer" of sorts

To be perceived, not to exist

Fuck off roleplayer
>>
>>25384049
I'm probably just not explaining it right.
>>
>>25384351
You are

>You have to wake up after it

This is the part you're pulling from your asshole
>>
You kind of didn't mention the important part that we don't know if we'll keep any of our memories. That allows an individual to pose the question: what separates the individual mind from another one when no memories are taken into account?
>>
>>25383987
You have absolutely zero clue about anything you are talking about. You are wrong about how the brain functions. You are wrong about how existence works. You are wrong about how consciousness works.
You are an idiot. Stop posting.
>>
>>25384775
Unconventional ideas are what bring science and humanity forward. Your pointing out a valid point that OPs comment doesn't make too much sense but your being unescesarily rude.
>>
When you die you'll "wake up" being born as yourself after the Big Crunch resets the universe. You've lived your shitty existence before and you will again, forever. Think about that one faggers.
>>
>>25383027
Really, the point in life is just beeeing yourself.
Like Vidya? Play every one you want.
Like Animey? Watch every one you want.
Like Music? Kill yourself

Life is pointless and falling down to the pressure of society is pitiful.
YOU GET ONLY ONE CHANCE IN LIFE (in this period and body)
DON'T WASTE IT BY NOT PLAYING VIDYA AND SHITPOSTING ON 4CHAN!
>>
>>25384845
I'm not >>25384775 but stupid people should not be allowed to spread their stupidity. It's best to be direct with them.
>>
>>25384526
If you can't understand how there is no possible way to experience inexperience by virtue of the fact that you are experiencing right not and not in-experiencing then I can't argue any further.

The only option is to experience. If you close your eyes, you can still see the back of your eyelids. If you destroy all of your senses, down to your tactile nerves, then you would still be left with a brain that evokes thoughts. You might be depressed, because you've lost all of your feelers that give existence color, form, depth, and sound, but that depression in and of itself, that bad, self-defeating voice in your head is but another experience. It's a sensation. Like putting your hand under running cold water.

But those thoughts aren't "you" they are just an unbelievably complex result of interacting with everything up to this moment.

For nothing to exist, something must also exist. Because how would we know what nothing was if there wasn't something. There can't be one without the other, and because you can never tell there is nothing exactly because it is nothing there must necessarily be something to supplant it.

You'll never know you were dead, because nothing is nothing.You must invariably experience something precisely because to experience nothing is an unequivocal paradox.
>>
>>25384904
Oh no I get to live in the first world playing video games all day again, what a fucking tragedy
>>
>>25384976
Why do you think your experience cannot end?

What relevance does the inability to experience nothingness have on the fact that your stream of consciousness will end?
>>
>>25384845
There's a difference between having unconventional ideas, and promoting falsifiable lies.

If reason would appeal to OP, he wouldn't be posting what he does in the first place. Hence insults.
>>
>>25385068
Your experience cannot end because you cannot experience it ending. You are unable to experience nonexistence because it is impossible to do so.
>>
>>25385079
Falsify it buddy. Prove what he's saying is wrong.
>>
>>25385126
Yeah you certainly won't be suffering through some kind of nothing existence.

That doesn't stop nonexistence from occuring.
>>
>>25385126
>Your experience cannot end because you cannot experience it ending

Just because your body can't perceive something doesn't mean it isn't real. I guess anything outside of visible light on the electromagnetic spectrum isn't real because our eyes can't see it right? Please keep your retarded ideas to yourself.
>>
>>25383987
You're brain is still active whenyou're asleep. You always dream whether you remember it or not.

That last paragraph is even weirder than the idea that everything is made up by your brain. Its a natcissistic version where nothing exists unless someone does. Thats dumb. Are you saying the billions of years the universe was around before us didn't happen?
>>
>>25384845
Unconventional ideas lead to stuff like spirit science. Observing the universe and using them to make predictions is how humanity moves forward scientifically.
>>
>>25385231
>>25385412
I never said it isn't real or doesn't occur. I said you cannot experience it.
>>
>>25385555
Cool now why would it start up again once ended?
>>
>>25385526
U heard of Einstein?
>>
OP look up critical thinking and logical fallacies

Your whole mental process about this subject is flawed and misdirected. You're basically throwing out ideas without an ounce of proof.
>>
>>25385638
Maybe I'm not entirely right then, though I forget which ideas were weird. Observation proved them true though.
Nothings ever proved reincarnation though, especially not the philosophy OP is saying.
>>
>>25385621
I'm not OP, not arguing for that.

>>25385647
That's what philosophy is senpai, this isn't an engineering course. It's ok to throw out ideas without proof sometimes.
>>
>>25385910
It won't make them true though.
>>
>>25385621
It doesn't end in the first place, because the organism that dies that you identify with yourself isn't really you. This whole "ego-death" thing isn't a meme.

>>25385444
Things still happen when you're asleep. Of course they do. If someone shoots me in my sleep, me, anon, in this period and in this place, will be gone. Just because my senses don't receive the inputs doesn't mean it doesn't "happen".

What I'm saying is that because our senses don't reason any input, because there is no experience when one goes to sleep, or is knocked out, or goes under for anesthesia, what have you, it's like it never happened at all. That's where the sensation of going to sleep and waking up immediately comes from.

Things happen, yes, but the funny thing is that unless something is actually there to perceive them happening it's the same as them not happening at all, in a very basic sense. They happen (just like how although we can only detect a very narrow range of wavelengths of light it doesn't mean that those other wavelengths don't exist) but since "you" can never jump out of your brain things that you don't pay attention to (like the average person in a crowd) or can't pay attention to (like wavelengths of light invisible to the naked eye, unless you have a certain device that makes them apparent, of course) do not exist in your personal experience of this universe.

And so, because you cannot "personally experience" death, sleep, etc., (even though we all know very well that things happen during that interlude) it must be the same as them never happening from your particular center of existence.
>>
>>25386033
>because the organism that dies that you identify with yourself isn't really you.
From a philosophical standpoint sure
In reality no

The Spirit Molecule does not prove anything
>>
>>25385953
So? Does everything have to be?
>>
>>25386171
I enjoy fantasy, but thats where reincarnation lies.

>>25386033
You're basically asking "if a tree falls in a forest and noone is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" The simplest answer is yes it makes a sound. The simplest answer to your reincarnation thing is that when you die you don't come back to life, the universe doesn't end with you, you just die. What happens after you die won't matter to you yes, if thats what you're really trying to ask.
>>
The thing is.

if i remember "this life" (the one i am living right now) then how can i forget it ? Why i dont remember the previous ones but i remember this ?
>>
>>25383254
Why ?

Its not like you remember your previous lifes, You just start from the beggining, its always new for you
>>
>>25386579
Imagine you end up as some Leftift cuck in your next life.
>>
>>25386626
Then you die and maybe the next time you will be more lucky
>>
>>25386383
sorry buddy but you are fucking retarded
>>
>>25386383
It still happens, of course. I can go to the forest where it fell, find the felled tree, and because it is on the ground, I can safely assume it has fallen and has because of that made a sound.

But if there were no "receiver" at all, no ear or other sensory instrument that translates vibrations into not only discernible "sounds" as you and I know them, but also as sounds that have value attached to them (beautiful music sounds beautiful, a bloodcurdling scream raised in the middle of the night sounds terrifying) then it doesn't make a "sound" in the sense that we're thinking of.

It sends off vibrations that nothing can catch and make sense of. The oscillations or vibrations it invoked by coming into contact with the ground are entirely different than what we experience as sound in everyday life.

These vibrations can be detected and printed out as a wave or series of varying degrees of "ons and offs". But they never ever become "sound" until you (or some other sensory device equipped conduit) come into play.
>>
>>25386506
Does a baby's brain not come from a complex interaction from a sperm and an egg?

There's nothing there but that. Your memories are inside your brain, and at this point in time, there's no way to get them out. They're really mindbogglingly complicated connections between neurons.

There's no such thing as a persistent ego or consciousness, so there's no way for you to have access to memories that aren't a part of your current brain. The only thing that is persistent in this whole equation is that something needs to be, because there's being to begin with (existence is real, we exist, stars exist, etc).
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.