[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I'm always thinking hideous thoughts, but I act polite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1436277978525.jpg (21 KB, 500x297) Image search: [Google]
1436277978525.jpg
21 KB, 500x297
If I'm always thinking hideous thoughts, but I act polite and helpful, am I a good person or a bad person?
>>
No, you just have OCD. I know that feel btw.
>>
>>25382925
whoa, I actually have been diagnosed with OCD
>>
>>25382844
Awareness of your "hideous" thoughts allows you to be a "good" person. Everyone has them, the difference is that most people don't realize, so they always blame everyone else(as opposed to themselves) in a conflict.
>>
>>25382844
Woah dude. What kinds of hideous thoughts do you have?
>>
If you have to ask others if you're a good person, you're probably not.
>>
Like woah guys
>>
>>25382952
It's a bitch, isn't it?
>>
>>25382844
>am I a good person or a bad person?

You're a stupid fucking cuck is what you are. No wonder no girl ever looks at you.

>"oh noes i'm thinking bad thought i'm such evilz!!!11"

Piss off, you don't belong here you normie piece of shit. You have no idea what bad thought are.
>>
>>25382844
You can think vicious thoughts while performing good actions.
You can be nice and polite to people, and still be a person of bad morals.

The Ring of Gyges is object for one of Plato's thought experiments: If you could become invisible at will, how would you use (abuse) this power?
http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/phl201/modules/Philosophers/Plato/plato_dialogue_the_ring_of_gyges.html
Note that this excerpt is promoted in Plato's work by the character Glaucon, while Socrates (read: Plato's) counterargument is omitted.
>>
>>25382952
Yeah intrusive bad thoughts are a lesser known symptom of OCD.
I think if you actively think them maybe rather than that they just occur to you and youre aware of how bad they are, then youre worse.
I'm the same, im nice to people, volunteer and shit like that but still have these thoughts. But i stay aware that they are bad and would never act on them because I dont really think that they are my thoughts - they are more like the worst case scenarios that i'm imagining as part of the OCD. Sorry if this doesnt make sense, im not good at articulating sometimes! I can try to explain better if you dont get it
>>
time for some skyrim philosophy. is it better to be born good or overcome own evil or something like that
>>
Good person.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.