[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 21 and I've never drank alcohol. I don't like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 400.jpg (90 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
400.jpg
90 KB, 600x600
I'm 21 and I've never drank alcohol. I don't like how people under the influence behave and how normies seem incapable of having a good time without it so I chose to abstain entirely.
>>
>>25378381
Just try it. Dance with the devil. Drink about 3 or 4 drinks tonight and see what all the hype is about.
>>
Was the same way and then I tried beer. I actually drink it for the taste and have never been drunk.
>>
>>25378497

I feel like I'd be betraying my ideals if I tried it.

This is crazy but it literally has become part of my identity.
>>
>>25378524
You sound like a fucking veagan pussy. Alcohol isn't a big deal. I mean if alcoholism runs in your family it's justified but otherwise you sound like a no fun uptight bitch. Drink enough to puke several different occasions so you at least understand drunkenness. I personally despise being around drunks because they're loud and obnoxious, even if I'm drunk too.
>>
>>25378573

See this is exactly my point. Why is it basically socially required to drink poison?

I literally can't go out without someone trying to make me try it.
>>
its not that big of a deal. To any decent people outside of your "illusions" and "ideas" you will look bad and stupid ( by impressions ) or disrespectful. If you think about it, only reason you hate alcohol is because of normies, not because of the drinks itself. You allow yourself to be shaped by the big machine, in your case in negative way. Step above it all my friend, do what YOU feel and know is right. YOUYOUOYUOYUYOUYOUYOU, do not follow what your experiences dictate, look at the bigger picture
>>
>>25378381
OP I didn't drink til I was 22

It's alright sometimes. I'm glad I hate the taste of alcohol because I'd probably be an alcoholic. Shit tastes awful, so I just drink liquor.

Feel free to try it and just talk to randoms on omegle or whatever. Drinking is best done when hanging out with others.
>>
>>25378605
Alcohol is merely a social lubricant for those who can't say "fuck it" and ignore embarrassment from dancing like a retard. It's taboo in muslim countries but then again it's a whole different culture than western society
>>
dude you can't knock it til you try it m8

actually I change my mind - I know I wouldn't like getting reamed in the ass so I'm not gonna try it.

if you know you won't enjoy acting like a retard and having fun then you don't have to do it, it sounds retarded but maybe in the long run you wouldn't enjoy the tiny bit of pleasure it granted you more than whatever downside it brings

godspeed op
>>
>>25378605
>I literally can't go out without someone trying to make me try it.
>Wahh how dare people try to get me to do something I've never done before and that they think i'll enjoy
Once you've actually had alcohol (same applies to weed) you can actually make decisions based on that and actually have a valid reason to turn it down (or not to)
>>
>>25378606
>>25378634
>>25378644
>>25378671

Thanks for your thoughts. I still don't plan on trying it but it's nice to know I'm not alone and to have some perspective.

>>25378714

Why do I NEED to try it once though?
>>
>>25378381
>never tried something
>has a strong opinion on it
You know how I know you're retarded? I can assure you that most people who have fun drinking have more fun sober than you do too. This is clear from your wet blanket personality and the fact that never doing such a basic, normal thing is part of your 'identity'.

Alcohol a social lubricant and lets you have more fun. It has it's drawbacks, it's not always fun, and I personally don't bother anymore. But it hasn't been insanely popular throughout history for no reason.
>>
>>25378743
Because it should be based on your experiences and not just how you perceive people to be on it
>>
I hated it until I tried it. Then I understood why people like it.
>>
>>25378743
cause you drink it and you have fun m8 it's so simple

can you just list out the negatives here so we can see your viewpoint of why you won't even try it once?
>>
>>25378381
>I don't like how people under the influence behave
please for the love of god tell me you don't hang around with drunk normies sober. castrating yourself with a butter knife is more fun than that.

>normies seem incapable of having a good time without it
I get the feeling you're a normie of a certain type, but let me tell you this as someone between a cyborg and a wizard:
Normies are only tolerable or remotely interesting when you are drunk off your ass. Otherwise you could be shitposting here and having more fun.

>>25378605
>Why is it basically socially required to drink poison?
Sober normies are boring as all hell, likely even to other normies.

>>25378743
>Why do I NEED to try it once though?
Because a single drink won't kill you (or even get you more than slightly happy feeling) and it qualifies you to make further judgements in future on whether drinking is the right idea.
>>
>>25378381

Meh i just smoke weed. feels good to be honest
>>
>>25378573
>isn't a big deal
wow great argument fagtron
not a big deal, instantly you're right
>>
>>25378743
>Why do I NEED to try it once though?
because to normalfags peer pressure is god and you are a heretic that must be converted
>>
>>25378783

It's awful for you.
I have never enjoyed someone's behavior drunk over their behavior sober.
It causes people to make poor judgment calls (saying things they wouldn't otherwise say, engaging in dangerous behavior like stunts and drunk driving, trying more dangerous drugs, etc).
It has the potential to destroy lives (the alcoholism in my mother's family and of my step dad are major factors in why my life is so shit.)
It makes people boring and stupid (It's socially encouraged to ruin otherwise enjoyable activities by getting drunk, or getting drunk instead).
Then there's the cost and how the smell makes me nauseous.
Or how some people I knew in school would actively seek to get so fucked up that they would do something stupid and forget what. Like, what the actual fuck?
>>
>>25378942
that's pretty valid BUT I have the right to call you a pussy cause you don't do stupid shit for fun

sorry m8
>>
>>25378381
getting drunk isnt a good idea. i dont know why anyone would recommend it. if you're curious just have a couple of drinks, but getting drunk is embarrassing and will only make you feel bad when you're sober.
>>
>>25378970

Implying. I do stupid shit. I just don't like taking risks that could seriously harm me physically, mentally, or socially.

Having never been drunk before I have no conception of how I'd behave. So it feels like handing the keys to my brain over to a retarded stranger.
>>
>>25378714
lol, normies get so butthurt when you dont follow their social conventions
>>
>>25378942
>It's awful for you.
Depends on how you go about it.
>I have never enjoyed someone's behavior drunk over their behavior sober.
If you've never been drunk, why the hell would you?
>It causes people to make poor judgment calls (saying things they wouldn't otherwise say, engaging in dangerous behavior like stunts and drunk driving, trying more dangerous drugs, etc).
It can also give you the ability to say things that need said when you'd otherwise pussy out, engage in things that are socially normal but that you'd usually find too embarassing (dancing for example), etc. It's not that hard to avoid being a complete retard when you're drunk.
>It has the potential to destroy lives (the alcoholism in my mother's family and of my step dad are major factors in why my life is so shit.)
While drinking with alcoholism in the family isn't to be reccomended, it's not like drinking once suddenly turns you into your father. I should know.
>It makes people boring and stupid (It's socially encouraged to ruin otherwise enjoyable activities by getting drunk, or getting drunk instead).
People are boring and stupid anyway. Alcohol just makes you stupid enough to enjoy their company.
>Then there's the cost and how the smell makes me nauseous.
Cheap booze in soda doesn't run too expensive, can't say anything about the smell.
>Or how some people I knew in school would actively seek to get so fucked up that they would do something stupid and forget what. Like, what the actual fuck?
They are very boring people seeking to be interesting.
>>
>>25378381
If I cared I would be against drinking

I don't care. I like drinking alone because it stops you thinking, it lets you relax and lets you do stupid shit. For the first time in months I drank last night, a $6 bottle of wine, and I thoroughly enjoyed rolling around, listening to music, burning myself and getting my emotions out, without feeling the constant dull pain of life, without having to think about anything
>>
>>25378381
Kek at this thread, good job OP. I'm the same age and abstain from drinking as well. It used to be entirely on my principles and the fact that alcohol tastes awful to me, but now I do it mostly because it pisses normies off.
>>
>>25378381
Good OP alcohol is shit
It's for boring people with boring lives and so many inhibitions that they need to drink in order to have fun or to find the strength to be themselves

It's also shit for you
Literally fungus poop
>>
>people who enjoy the company of normies while sober claiming anyone else is a normie.
kek

there are plants more interesting than normies, drunk or sober.
>>
>>25378381
I'm 20 and already done with drinking. It's not even a real drug, it's basically like poisoning yourself and laughing at how woozy you get. I'll probably end up drinking a bit more once I turn 21 because there's still a couple types of booze I want to try since I've basically always been at the mercy of the buyer's taste as a minor who can't buy his own. After that, I don't think I'm ever going to drink again.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.