[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Only good part of the shitty movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 16
File: Kylo_Ren-640x360.jpg (47 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Kylo_Ren-640x360.jpg
47 KB, 640x360
Only good part of the shitty movie.
>>
I'd give it a 7.5/10 actually op you fucking contrarian scum
>>
>>25377059
>Darth Snape McEdgelord
>good

tip your fedora somewhere else you underage faggot
>>
File: me.jpg (425 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
425 KB, 1600x1200
The best part of a solid movie, you mean senpai

Literally me
>>
He is the best villain I don't care what anyone else says, shoutout to all the niggas who go light to dark
>>
>>25377110
it deserves like a 5.5-6/10 at best
>>
>>25377059
To be fair, BB-8 was also a neat robot.

Other than that it was terrible, really. I didn't give one single shit about Finn, or Rey the Strong Independent Woman.

Also, it was really obvious Han had enough of playing in SW and just wanted to die so he could stop.
>>
i think the only problem the new movie has is that it's lacking in good character development. everything else is in place, but it feels a bit like they were too focused on delivering the classic star wars feels and visuals and forgot to be more in-depth with actual new elements (the new characters)

but kylo ren feels like the only exception to that which makes him instantly cooler than fin and rey. if the following movies can treat rey and fin like kylo then they might just hit the nail exactly right.

>tfw poe dameron gets to be the fucking hero even though he has like 10 minutes in the movie
>>
>>25377185
>Also, it was really obvious Han had enough of playing in SW and just wanted to die so he could stop.

Well that's nothing new. Harrison Ford has very openly expressed how much he hated the role since Empire Strikes Back.

Ironically, I think it actually helped him come across as authentically grumpy.
>>
fuck you the movie was awesome
>>
hey senpai, im shilling my shitty video feel free to niggerpost and shit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyI8VDPmUP8

anyway, my thoughts on kyloren: he's actually very interesting. holistically he isn't deep at all (we've seen the almost light almost dark kind of character in literature a gazillion times) BUT because the backdrop of characters are literally

>Finndu: either muh dicking with rei or being absolutely fucking confused about where he is

>Rei: mary sue - the character.

>Han YOLO: an older version of himself
>General Leia: an older version of ///cokenails///
>Captain Phasma: literally Surrender - the character
>Maz Katana - basically this movie's Yoda

he really does put up an interesting character vibe. i love his lightsaber tantrums; while i watched the movie i literally thought of frogposting going REEEEEEEEEEEE and shit.

i also love how he got his ass handed to him by rei. because it wasn't actually him vs rei, it was him vs struggling with killing daddy-o, chewie's crossbolt, pumping blood, and a brief struggle against finndu.

but Fuck Rei, she's a piece of shit.
>>
File: 1418140478851.png (269 KB, 538x538) Image search: [Google]
1418140478851.png
269 KB, 538x538
>>25377421
You go into the thrash along with all the other normies who gave it an 8.6 on IMDB.
>>
File: 2QYUV.jpg (71 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
2QYUV.jpg
71 KB, 500x484
Best character coming through
>>
>>25377059
Starkiller Base firing was the best part.
Most of it was shit, I would rate it 6/10.
>>
>>25377256

>rey

Not even a character. Don't know how Disney let JJ drop the ball so hard on that one.
>>
File: 5463135.jpg (60 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
5463135.jpg
60 KB, 720x480
>>25378423
Debatable. JUST TRY AND STOP MEEE
>>
>>25377256
>but kylo ren feels like the only exception to that which makes him instantly cooler than fin and rey.

Kylo is a fucking faggot edgelord who has lightsaber tantrums. He is openly mocked by the pilot in the opening scene of the movie, and he gets his ass kicked by a girl.

He's a shit villain, you can't take him seriously.
>>
File: mary-sue.png (308 KB, 923x1098) Image search: [Google]
mary-sue.png
308 KB, 923x1098
I didn't want to believe that this movie was feminist cuck propaganda. But it turns out that pol is always right.
>>
>>25377129

You wish kid
>>
>>25378423
The fucking only thing that I liked about this movie.
>>
I couldn't believe what I was seeing when he took off his mask and revealed his youthful face and long flowing locks.

He should have been bald, or had a huge scar, or even just a beard.

He looked like a fucking kid. How are you supposed to be intimidated by that face?
>>
>>25377059
Kylo Ren is literally R9k
>Ugly white guy
>Tries to impersonate someone way cooler than them and fails constantly
>Constantly shit on by his own underling and master
>When he gets angry he spergs out and destroys random shit with his lightsader
>Constantly fucks up everywhere
>Gets rekt by a girl who discovered her Jedi power about 2 hours before their fight
>Acted like a massive fucking creeper around Rey
>Did the Star Wars equivalent of shooting up a school
>>
>>25378851
The whole point was he was a janitor that was his first deployment.
>>
>>25377059
I hated his voice, the deep voice with the mask I mean, that shit sounded contrive as hell. I know there's deep voiced niggas in the world that could have done the role when he wasn't wearing the mask, hell I'm a black nigga with a deep ass voice they could have hired me but he didn't sound intimidating and Oscar Isaac was dissing him from the time he showed up on screen

A short hispanic nigga dissed him to his face and what did he do? Dindu nuffin

I dindu nuffin, I dindu nuffin

I dindu nuffin

Would he do that to James Earl Jones voice? They should have let me do the voice when he had the mask on or Keith Richardson, instead they just put a voice equalizer on a short dude and it sounded ridiculous, my dad was making fun of him the whole time
>>
>>25377059
All parts were good parts ;)
>>
>>25378851
:^) he'll have a scar now after getting fucking wrecked by the mary sue
>>
File: Stwong Womyn Character.jpg (312 KB, 798x1181) Image search: [Google]
Stwong Womyn Character.jpg
312 KB, 798x1181
>>25377110
>>25377162

I'd give it a 6 or 7.

It's a soft reboot of A New Hope.

Too much fan service (look at the hologram chess monsters/look at the ancestral saber/look it's the Falcon)

Rey is a scavenger and capable mechanic, which is understandable, but is also an ace pilot as soon as she takes the helm of the Falcon for the first fucking time, goes from asking Han if the Jedi and the Force are real one day, to mastering mind tricks, telekinesis and saber combat 2 days later, and is generally an empty Mary Sue that is hard to care about as a character.

Kylo is interesting, keen to see his motivation for turning to the dark side. Obviously trying to be something he's not.
>>
The whole cast was great.
Anakin 2.0 was beliveble af senpai.
>>
>when they tried to inject comedy
stop
>>
He's a bigger joke than Rey; who made Finn look reasonable by comparison.
>>
>>25380651
I agree, way to much fan service. The lines between Han and Leia referencing the original trilogy would have been a good idea if there wasn't fucking 5 of them in one scene.

The entire map search part of the movie was just stupid and seemed like it was tacked on as a weak story to bridge between the action scenes. Rey spent the whole movie looking for pieces of the map, and then R2 D2 just happens to boot up and have the entire map stored in his memory.
>>
File: GL-211.jpg (324 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
GL-211.jpg
324 KB, 540x540
Honestly it was a garbage film. Honestly, it was simply just "eh" but being contaminated with call-back cash grabs just pissed me off. Ultimately the entire film is a redux of A New Hope with not even half as much of a developed story and plagued with cash grabs.

Why did they take they have to take Millennium Falcon? Because "Hey, you remember this, right?"

Why was Leia the leader of the rebels? Why was Admiral Ackbar there? Why was C3PO there? Why was R2D2 there? Same reason, so they're in it so you'll see it.

It was just a bad film. The story was really really underdeveloped and aided with consistent meaningless characters and call backs to the old films, it was just bad.
>>
>>25380651
>>25380822

Agreed entirely. The story wasn't their top priority, and as a result it was underdeveloped and was plagued with fan service. There were just so many references to the old films, it got overused so quickly but they didn't let up.

My breaking point was when they asked the old lady in the bar how she got the lightsaber and she just blows them off and says, "Oh that's not important." At that point it was obvious they just didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>25380893
>Why did they take they have to take Millennium Falcon? Because "Hey, you remember this, right?"

You're absolutely right. If Disney had spent the time designing a new ship there is a chance it could have become just as iconic as the Falcon. Instead they just lazily through it in for a nostalgia cash grab.
>>
>>25377059
People complained a lot about Kylo Ren but honestly, they've set him up for a lot of potential for the next two movies. Let's just hope JJ doesn't blow this one
>>
File: 1360703095055.gif (1 MB, 350x239) Image search: [Google]
1360703095055.gif
1 MB, 350x239
>>25380954

It's not much more than a high-budget Mary Sue fanfiction after all is said and done.
>>
>>25380954
A Spacebeaner found it while cleaning out the bespin poopshoot.
>>
File: ba1.jpg (113 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
ba1.jpg
113 KB, 497x732
>>25377059
All these fucking retards that say he wasn't scary when he took off the mask....

THATS THE FUCKING POINT YOU THICK RETARDS>

JJ lade it on with the subtlety of a 250 lb autistic child and so many assclowns dont get it.

Seriously how can people be this dumb
>>
I enjoyed it. The overall plot itself felt lame, especially the Starkiller base, but I liked the characters. I'm sure I'll get mocked for it but I actually liked Finn and Ren, and I'm looking forward to the next movies to see them develop. Rey I didn't really care for. She went from garbage scavenger to ace pilot security infiltration force wielding expert way too fast, and there wasn't much to hook you in emotionally other than coming from a poor background, which got killed because of the aforementioned mary sue qualities she has. Hopefully they develop her better in the next film.
>>
>>25381332
Yeah, exactly. The whole point is he's a dopey kid trying to be evil.
>>
There is nothing good about this movie. The only way it could have been worse was if Lucas directed it. It is pure sjw shit. I didn't watch it and I'm telling everyone I know not to watch it. Your money would be better spent on Cuckold Faggots Prepping the Bull 8 than on this shit.

If you must watch it then wait unil it comes out on bd and pirate it. Vote with your wallet. If you give the jews your money then they will just continue to ruin everything. Remember Mad Max: Feminist Road? This isn't an isolated incident.
>>
>>25381391
>There is nothing good about this movie
>I didn't watch it
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>25381391
>I didn't watch it and I'm telling everyone I know not to watch it.
Cool meme.
>>
>>25377110

Hi faggit. Long time no see, it's been like what, 5 seconds since your last shitpost? You're falling behind, baka desu senpai
>>
File: 1444272895579.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1444272895579.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>>25381391
>There is nothing good about this movie. The only way it could have been worse was if Lucas directed it. It is pure sjw shit. I didn't watch it and I'm telling everyone I know not to watch it

>I didnt watch it
>nobody I know watched it

An opinion based on nothing and then an absolute lie.

fuck off and die, It was no Empire but its at least as good as Jedi.

how come all of a sudden people are expecting Godfather pt. 2 from god damn Star Wars?

Theyve never been more than fun action space adventures.
>>
>>25381409
>>25381437

>being this triggered

Star wars is kind of gay in the first place. KOTOR is the only good thing to come of it. The fact you niggers actually liked the movie shows just how tumblreddit 4chan has become.
>>
>>25381447

It was literally u go girl(and niggers too):the movie. I wasn't expecting anything else but this, and that's exactly what we got. No lies, this is the gospel truth. Just saying it was as good as Jedi proves nothing. You're probably that faggot on /v/ who likes Game* because it was "fun".
>>
File: Nigel-Farage-014.jpg (555 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Nigel-Farage-014.jpg
555 KB, 2560x1536
>>25381548
>that faggot on /v/ who likes Game* because it was "fun".

Liking games because they are fun is a problem?

Somewhere between your nerd angst and never ending virginity you have forgotten the point of it all.
>>
>>25381569

>pretending to be retarded

That doesn't work anymore, friend. Games can be fun, I expect them to be. You're not in the first grade anymore though. If you're too stupid to think of even a single good thing about the games you like then that just means you're a retard who shouldn't be discussing them with anyone but your buttbuddies on gamfags.

How can anyone like the new starwars film though? The writing is worse than twilight. It's just shameless multikulti and feminism propaganda.
>>
>>25381510
Has 4chan always been so tryhard? I hate how this site just defines itself now but what it isn't.
>>
>>25381653
This is hardcore autism
>>
File: 1443508489732.jpg (111 KB, 669x664) Image search: [Google]
1443508489732.jpg
111 KB, 669x664
>>25381653

you dont even realize you are them
>>
>>25381671
No we used to enjoy things, typically when something popular was good the best bait was to pretend you didn't like it but now people legitimately express disdain for popular things on the basis of them being popular to fit in which eradicates the fun in pretending not to like something in the first place. This place has become full of contrarian retards trying hard to gain the praise of their peers.
>>
>>25381671

>I hate how this site just defines itself now but what it isn't.

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

>>25381705

Autism? In MY autism messageboard?

>>25381706

>maybe if I call him reddit noone will know that I'm actually reddit
>>
>>25381769
f=t

jesus you cant even read
>>
>>25381671
if you dont know, then you shouldn't be here
>>
>>25381806

>I hate how this site just detines itselt now but what it isn't.

You somehow made it make even less sense. Is this some ebin new form of trolling?
>>
>>25381548
Finn was terminally retarded during the entire movie and implies that there are no niggers in the Resistance. It's not all bad.
>>
File: 1442283034968.jpg (33 KB, 316x346) Image search: [Google]
1442283034968.jpg
33 KB, 316x346
>>25378423
that part was fucking awesome
>>
>>25377059
Finn was the best character.
>>
>>25381952
>implies that there are no niggers in the Resistance

Pretty sure that's not what he meant, he was just being awkward.
>>
>>25381548
>It was literally u go girl(and niggers too):the movie

How many films with female/nonwhite stars will we have to go through until people stop with this retarded accusation?
>>
>>25378932
He was talking about Ren not Finn.
>>
>>25377059
Luke should've or should be the villain.

Come at me, faggots.
>>
>>25377059

Do we all agree Poe a best?
>>
>>25377059
I liked the film, but I still 100% believe that Leia should've been killed instead of Han.

When Han first mentioned Ren to Finn and Rey in the Falcon, he was completely ambiguous. Didn't say his name, didn't say he was his son. Just said that he was a Jedi apprentice who turned against Luke. He clearly had lost respect for him completely.

When Leia meets up with him again, she brings him up and it's clear she hasn't lost hope. But Han literally says "he's gone forever" and "if Luke couldn't help him then how could I". But with just a corny "but you're his dad, Han, you can do it!", his whole opinion is completely changed. That completely goes against his character.

What should've happened is that Han sees him on that bridge thing, goes and confronts him. They start fighting. Leia comes and stops them, and then tries to bring Ren home. Then Ren kills Leia. Han vows revenge.

Make so much more fucking sense.
>>
>>25382479
The Poe and Finn bromance better be more important in the next films.

It was so fucking great.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.