[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How close can psychopathy be related to autism? I've noticed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1421883183521.gif (188 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1421883183521.gif
188 KB, 255x255
How close can psychopathy be related to autism?
I've noticed some similarities in a few test subjects (friends)

>generally cold demeanor
>detached from reality in some way
>aloof
>unaware of social cues and subtleties
>can be set off at the slightest thing, frequently expressing violent tendencies
>selfish, always obsessed with their wants and desires and tend not to think about others much
>socially stunted in general

Are psychopathy and autism literally the same thing?
>>
>>25375976
oh yeah, and
>little to no empathy
>>
>>25375976
The difference is in the social environment.
Psychopath are successful and able to manipulate people to do their binding.
While autists lack the ability to do so and are frowned upon by society.

The psychopath look for friendship in a matter that will gain himself. While an autist look for friendship but himself cannot comprehend the social cues. Basically they have both similarity but both of them aren't the same.
>>
Very different based on all the brain studies.

Autists feel emotions very strongly and are capable of empathy (it's just difficult) while psychopaths are simply not capable of it.
>>
File: ok3EU8X.gif (999 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ok3EU8X.gif
999 KB, 500x375
>>25375976
I'm not socially stunted, selfish, or violent. Yet everything else can be stamped on my fucking forehead.
My buddies dog died 2 days ago.
I fucking buried it for him.
Didn't give a fuck. I think i'm just a fucking psychopath.
If that's how closely psychopathy and autism can be related, then I now understand why my mum wanted me screened for autism at one point.
>>
>>25376336
But can an autist become a sociopath ?
>>
>>25376373
I already know i'm a sociopath. People tell me i'm an A+ actor.
>>
>>25376264
that's a sociopath you're describing isn't it?
>>
>>25376342
>>25376264
Oh yeah. I'm a psychopath alright.
>>
>>25376417
Mostly a comparison between an Asperger and a sociopath.
>>
>>25376373
Both autism and psychopathy are things in the brain that a person is born with if you are using the word sociopath to be interchangeable with psychopath.
>>
>>25376503
Yeah.
That was a mistake cause I confounded both with different definition.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.