[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social Anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: social-anxiety-2.jpg (101 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
social-anxiety-2.jpg
101 KB, 640x477
I'll keep things short and to the point...

I have recently started developing feelings for a young woman (25 years old, I am 24) who has severe social anxiety and depression. She has been a long time friend of mine since we were just kids.

I want to ask her out, but am unsure about what social anxiety does to people, or if having a healthy, happy relationship with someone who has social anxiety is possible. What should I be aware of, or avoid when I ask her out?

I thought this might be a good place to ask and might get some helpful advice or comments (maybe not). Any help from people with social anxiety, fembot or robot is appreciated. Thanks guys,
>>
She's a "long time friend" and you don't know how to interact with her? Wow... Normies really are the stupidest people.
>>
She might be desperate for interaction despite the anxiety. Look at robots.

Don't come off too strong. Make sure she feels safe/comfortable/relaxed/whatever the fuck when she's alone with you, and then just ask her on a date. Make it clear that it's a date, and make it somewhere nice.

If you're really really worried about being sperglords, go for a movie first date. You shouldn't normally do that since you barely face each other or talk, but maybe you need time together before that starts happening heavier.
>>
>>25374416

It's not that I don't know how to interact with her, I want to know if there is something in particular I should be aware of when changing the relationship from "friends" to a proper "relationship".
>>
>>25374460
I'm not worrying about sperging out, I have dated other women in the past and am confident, but just wanted to understand if there was a major change in how to approach dating or relationships when someone has severe social anxiety or depression. Thanks for the advice though!
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.