[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today's report: $20 gambled, $8 won back.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: mega-millions-tickets.jpg (93 KB, 384x454) Image search: [Google]
mega-millions-tickets.jpg
93 KB, 384x454
Welp... this is my 4th year of regular lottery gambling, and I still never in my life matched more than 3 numbers on any draw game, which equaled $1-20 won back per won, but I may have won $450 back, but may have spent $4500 gambling.

So, what do I do now? My mind is open to your suggestions. First chance I get next year I'm going to agency that can help me get employment and/or apply for disability/unemployment money (I am actually on autism spectrum), but I still can't give up hope and dreams of financial liberation. Do tell me, for those of you who have figured it out, what are some other more reliable, more achievable ways to break into wealth in a short matter of time without risking much money to begin with? I no some of you clever richbots are here, so do tell me your secrets for great justice.
>>
If you insist on gambling I suggest getting into a form of it that allows you to rely on skill and knowledge. If you spend some time studying and watching sports you can do well at the sports book.
>>
I only bet on football games and I'm like 130 dollars ahead right now.
>>
File: 1451461826067.png (477 KB, 523x523) Image search: [Google]
1451461826067.png
477 KB, 523x523
>>25374276
Just spent five of my last ten dollars on a scatcher in a fuck all approach to having more booze money. Won twenty bucks.
Bretty stoked.
>>
its a better investment of your money on things you can 100% get, like clothes or a new pc or food or a new vidya or SOMETHING

you have a higher chance of getting visited by aliens on your way to buy the ticket than actually winning it

besides most ppl who win it are old, and the money they spend is largely bullshit

what i mean is, money goes further when you are young than when you are old. you dont need 20 million when you are 82, you need it when you are 22.

either way you're almost 100% not going to win shit, so just spend your money on something non retarded and enjoy it

if you spend that much money on a trip to thailand and steroids, you'd feel like you won the lottery already, and theres a higher chance of u doing that than actually winning
>>
First of all, stop playing the lottery immediately. It's literally a tax for stupid people. Talk to your bank about setting up a savings account with the highest possible interest you can get, and dump $100 into it every month.
>>
>>25374409
>savings account
i'd rather have u play the lottery than falling for the savings account meem

literally u have to be the most braindead person on earth to put money into that. you cant even take it out, they punish you for it

for what, like 1% interest over a year or something?

inflation takes away more than that

if you have money, SPEND IT. thats the best way to make sure your money is not robbed or devalued from you. that or gold, but you wont ever make money by having a savings account, lel
>>
>>25374276
back in July I invested in South West Airlines and then sold the stock in December and made a cool $20,000 profit.
>>
>>25374653
for everyone of you who made money in the stock market there are like 2 who lost money, but you never hear about those guys

all stock market "investments" are a gamble, pure and simple
>>
>>25374276
Hi, I used to work at a gambling place. Video poker. We'd have these mooks sitting and just putting money in the machine again and again. Sometimes they'd win, You know what we did when that happened? I was the guy who went and opened the poker machine, took out the money that was inside and gave them their cut. There was always leftover money. Always. Remember: the house always wins.
>>
>>25374608
Then have two accounts, one you don't take money out of and one you do, that's why they call it a savings account. It's pretty fucking simple
>>
>>25374809
>video poker

Literally the biggest scam. The game is literally programmed to give you shit hands. God I can't believe people fall for this shit.
>>
>>25374870
>i have a bank account and i put money into it so that i cant take out so that it can grow at a 1% interest over a year
>people unironically think this is a good idea

you're a special guy, arent u
>>
>>25374691
Not really.

The thing about stocks is they go up and down, up and down, and you can't really tell when exactly it'll change or by how much, but you can expect it to pique about once every nine years or so, and it'll go down, but then in another nine years it'll surpass its previous pique.

When people lose money in stocks it's for one of these two reasons: 1. they invested in something risky like PandaCoin instead of something safe like Walmart because they wanted a faster, greater profit margin, 2. they bought high and when it dropped they panicked and sold it instead of waiting a few years for it to go up again.

I wasn't expecting SouthWest Air to shoot up as fast as it did, but I set it to sell automatically at a certain price and I knew it would get there eventually.
>>
File: megamillions-2015.jpg (173 KB, 594x437) Image search: [Google]
megamillions-2015.jpg
173 KB, 594x437
>>25374653
>>25374691
What do you have to do to play the stock market? In terms of what to learn, what to watch, and how to actually do the transactions: set up some online accounts have a broker, I have no idea. And how much did you risk to make the $20k profit. Cause with lottery, though it adds up over time, per game its a relatively low risk of the $1-20 I spend on a lotto draw, compared to $5k I might have to start with to get into stock market gambling.

>>25374870
my saving account pays jack shit. I made like 14 cents interest last year. And from what I read, banks have a maxim, so even if I had $10 million, keeping it in a saving account and getting 1% interes a year of $100k disposable income wouldn't work.

>>25375225
Saving accounts have a maximum number of transfers and withdrawls allowed per period, only penalty fees if you go over that.

>>25375319
please tell me how to get into this, as I am willing to open to better types of gambling than lottery next year, and may possibly have up to $5k to invest.
>>
walked away with $250 from a craps table last night, lots of fun
>>
File: 847.jpg (150 KB, 866x640) Image search: [Google]
847.jpg
150 KB, 866x640
>>25375409
also, both jackpots for mega millions and powerball rolled over and are getting way up there. Won't spend any more this week on lottery, except by redeeming winning tickets for more.
>>
>>25374691
the stock market isn't a zero sum game
>>
>>25375746
>>25375409
still waiting for SouthWest Airlines trader to enlighten me
>>
>>25375225
>>25374608
What kind of shitty 3rd world bank do you have? Mine has only 2 rules. A minimum of 25 bucks in the account, and a max of 6 withdrawls a month. I transfer whatever I need for a while into my checking account which has no withdraw limit.

Are you thinking about a retirement account or CD? Those have fines for withdrawing before the time is up. A savings account does not.
>>
>>25375409
Buy "blue chip" stocks. They're big, stable leaders of their industry, like Coca-Cola, or Microsoft.
>>
>>25375225
>>25374691
>>25374608
I have never seen someone dunning kruger this hard. Get the fuck over yourself you uneducated slob.
>>
>>25377461
nay thou
>>
One nigger and why he's on welfare: the thread.

The funny thing is that I know he is white trailer trash because he regurgitated the gold meme. That shit is pushed hard on republican tv and media because they know gullible seniors trust ads.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.