[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw extremists (of all ideologies) ruined the internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
>tfw extremists (of all ideologies) ruined the internet

What happened to the moderates?
>>
>>25373770

>not being a radical misanthrope

Why, anon? Do you not realize how much fun it is to hate literally everyone?
>>
File: Future President.jpg (48 KB, 562x412) Image search: [Google]
Future President.jpg
48 KB, 562x412
THEM DAMN LIBTARD COMMIES TOOK OUR JERBS!
AND THEY TOOK OUR INTERNET!
JOIN ME FELLOW PATRIOT, AS WE BUILD THE WALL AND RESTORE THE MIDDLE CLASS! ...I MEAN MODERATES!
>>
>>25373800

>thinks the embodiment of parasitic capitalism actually gives a shit about the middle class

oh wow
>>
>>25373800
trump is cool but I dont see why people hate him so much or worship him
>>
>>25373795
I am a very friendly person I get to try to know someone before I judge them
>>
>>25373770
>What happened to the moderates?
went somewhere boring enough you didn't notice it
>>
Because they cranked social politics up to eleven for some reason around 2010, people all polarize to either the left or right wing, join extremist discussion groups and gain an obsession with arguing and debating for their team to the point they develop tunnel vision.

To me, looks as if the government and media are specifically trying to sabotage progressive ideology by aggravating the masses with legbeard policy.Those who are really, really dumb fall for it. People who pay more attention to logic and facts will oppose this and may fall for right-wing extremism. The majority of people who don't want to use their heads will simply claim the "gray area" is best because this offends no one and sounds rational.
>>
>>25373770
>le moderate maymay

DAE le truth is somewhere in le middle??? xDDD
>>
Oh you mean pussies that are scared to take a side?
>>
>>25374262
This is the best post in this thread but retards will still ignore it.
>>
>>25373770
Moderates are people too uninformed to make a decision. They shouldn't be allowed to vote.
>>
>>25374336
>>25374262

It's literally stupid to belief extremely in one side. I'm glad im moderate slightly leaning on right
>>
>>25373795
Being a radical misanthrope sucks, literally every other shitty group of people will turn on you because they need to think their retarded infighting is justifiable.
>>
>>25373770
Everyone knows everything. On the internet they can let it free.
>>
>>25374562
Life ain't easy on the net, bro.
>>
>>25374262
>he thinks that's what a moderate is
that's a centrist, they aren't the same thing. a moderate subscribes to left/right wing ideologies without going full retard. (i'm european, so my left wing will probably seem quite extreme to Americans, but it's still to the 'right' of SJWs.)
i.e. left wing, in favor of universal healthcare, was in favour of gay marriage ('was' because it's now in place.), in the modern form actually quite averse to increasing taxes signifigantly. in short, a social democrat.
or right wing, in favor of lower taxes while generally keeping some of the reforms of prior left wing governments (i.e conservative governments in the UK kept labour's NHS), more socially conservative but not to the point of outright legislating for signifigant discrimination.

a centrist meanwhile generally just picks individual policies from both sides while being more boring. many countries are now quite centrist, but as a result they tend to just pick mediocre policies from both sides.

having a moderate left/right wing government is preferable to a do-nothing centrist government and to:
FULL COMMUNISM NOW!
or
DIE CIS SCUM!
or
GAS THE KIKES, RACE WAR NOW!
or
A MOTHER HAS NO OBLIGATION TO FEED HER CHILD. COMPELLING HER TO DO SO VIOLATES THE NON-AGGRESSION PRINCIPLE!
ideologies that are never translated into power directly anyway. (because no electable candidate espouses them.)
>>
>>25374472
that's what the American 2 party system (LOL "democracy") does to people: exhibit A
>>
>>25373861
I worship his ability to annoy stupid assholes
>>
>>25374520
>centrist fallacy
You have a double digit IQ.
>>
>>25375000
>fallacy fallacy
You have a single digit IQ.
>>
>>25375356
>shitposting
You have a negative IQ.
>>
>>25375404
How's it shitposting? the fallacy fallacy is a real thing and you're committing it. :^)
>>
>>25375458
You're dumb as fuck kid. Just remember to sit down and shut up whenever adults discuss politics.
>>
>>25375489
Demonstrate that moderate policy proposals are incorrect solutions to existing problems without resorting to
>You can defend moderate policies with a fallacious argument!

You can defend extremist policies with fallacies too, does that mean there's simply no correct answer and that every political group should just disband? (which is itself an idea that can be defended with fallacious reasoning: puzzle that one out.)
>>
>>25373770

Moderates are the worst. Pick a side, faggot.
>>
>>25373770
Moderates more often than not have no opinion on whatever matter (which is what makes them moderates), and therefor don't say anything.

tl;dr
Moderates are silent, that's why you don't hear them. Them don't give input because they don't care enough to have any. This is what makes a moderate a moderate.
>>
>>25375598
>>25375677
That isn't what a moderate is. Those are centrists and undecided voters.

Moderates have picked a side, they just aren't extremists.
>>
>>25375572
Because there are correct answers to problems and saying "lol ill just go wid da meddle ground xDDDD" is a complete waste of time.
>>
>>25375742
Protip: A moderate has ideas of what the correct answers to many problems are, they just don't believe in panaceas like extremists do.

An islamic communist revolution is not an efficient solution to traffic congestion.
>>
Middle ground fallacy:
SJWs want to kill cis scum, /pol/ wants to gas the kikes.
Solution: Kill half of the kikes and half of the cis scum.

Moderation:
SJWs want to kill cis scum, /pol/ wants to gas the kikes
Solution (depending on persuasion of moderate voter): vote for a candidate with progressive views on transgender rights/vote for a candidate that will reform the banking system.
>>
>>25374236
This was exactly what I was thinking. You beat me to it.
>>
>>25375781

What works is good results, not being a gay centrist with no conviction.
>>
>>25376908
A moderate and a centrist are not synonymous.

Furthermore, a moderate is best positioned to do what gets results. Extremist regimes have a habit of overlooking reality to maintain ideological purity (see Deutsche Physik, Lysenkoism)
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.