[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are all homeschooled kids such fucking retards?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: homeschoolers.jpg (51 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
homeschoolers.jpg
51 KB, 700x400
Why are all homeschooled kids such fucking retards?
>>
Trained educators vs essentially a hobbyist teacher
>>
Because 99% of the time, the parents/people who "teach" them don't know what the fuck they're doing

Not being exposed to other children will socially fuck them up

Being in a home environment gives them the liberty to do whatever the fuck they want, and will ultimately distract them. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't learn anything on particular days.

I knew maybe one person who was homeschooled and didn't grow up to be a complete retard. It should be illegal unless the parent can prove they can actually educate their children.
>>
>>25372635
i was home schooled but by a program, a lot of teen mothers and failed juans and tyrones were there. the program was great and i learned. i'd say there is a 50/50 chance of kids actually taking something away, you just have to be self motivated and responsible. although a lot of the kids who weren't extroverted were socially retarded much like everyone on this board.
>>
>>25372676
>tfw teaching degree but decided public schools are trash tier and I'd never work at or send a child to one. I had enough of watching the cutest but hyper kids come to school like zombies when they get on their new mess that help them focus. Public school teachers are basically turning into a type of teacher/ news caster reading off a teleprompter of what to do. The standardized tests are garbage and so is common core.
>>
>>25372802
edit: new meds, not mess
>>
>>25372802
Teacher curriculum in college is garbage. And "socialization" and parental surveillance seems the only thing it does these days.
>>
File: 2.png (150 KB, 259x273) Image search: [Google]
2.png
150 KB, 259x273
Back in high school, I knew a girl who was homeschooled up until the first year of high school, as well as her brother who was a year behind her.
Both of them were actually intelligent and got some of the best scores in each of their grades, but acted even more autistic than the students who had actual autism. She was obsessed with Homestuck and he was obsessed with TBBT, both were obese, and neither had any sense of personal space or indoor voices.
They weren't bad people or anything [they both tried to be social and the girl was genuinely kind], but just walking cringe-a-thons. I rarely shit all over socially-inept people but I guess this is related.
>>
>>25372870
Agreed.
I mean, homeschooling and alternative schools aren't perfect, but let's not act like public school is. It's like a giant daycare that operates closer to a prison sometimes. Not to mention that there are ten times the amount of tax dollars allocated to each prisoner than student.
>>
Two main reasons
>Parents make shit teachers
The bulk of the time, the person doing the teaching isn't really a trained teacher and just relies on online courses
>No social interaction
Say what you will about being alone/lonely as a kid, but literally no interaction with kids, even a slight bit of being next to someone in a classroom and seeing how people interact, makes you fucking weird and socially retarded.
>>
>>25372970
>Not to mention that there are ten times the amount of tax dollars allocated to each prisoner than student
Probably because prisoners are fed, clothed, and washed while school tax dollars go to overpriced Macbeth books
>>
as long as you get a high school diploma you're the same as everyone else
>>
>>25372635
It's the Dunning-Kruger effect. The parents are so retarded they believe they're superior to teachers.

Granted, I've seen genius homeschooled kids before, but their parents are usually college professors who honed them since birth.
>>
>>25372802
What the fuck would you do with your kid then? Homeschool it for 18 years like a complete retard?
>>
>>25373169
Not neesecarily. There are still alternative and private schools.
>>
>>25372993
This.

I was home schooled for half of 7th grade, half of 9th and 10th (I then jumped go a community college). It was through a charter school but really that just entailed a check up with them every other week. They weren't rigorous, my program was overly easy, and my mom, being the incompetent wreck she was, never once even checked to make sure I was actually doing the work I said I was. I basically educated myself during that period, and I was very apathetic toward most of my education, which caused me to develop mentally in a very uneven way.

Far worse tho, was that being deprived of even being around peers when I was that age fucking mutilated my social skills. I was never great, but looking back, it's astonishing how quickly i changed from being a somewhat odd person to being a fuckup with extreme emotional issues and social anxiety. I'm 25 and it literally took me until my mid twenties the actually figure out how to have healthy social interactions with people. I still have no ability to dorm social bonds because I spent almost my whole teenhood friendless by necessity.

I personally really wouldn't wish that shit on anyone.
>>
>>25373320
Necessarily
>>
File: 1447036557306.png (85 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1447036557306.png
85 KB, 342x342
>>25372635
i was homeschooled and i make twice as much as you bitch
>>
>>25373573
Tell us about your vagina.
>>
If kid is smart and will do the work, I think doing distance education for the last few grades before uni is a good idea. The social climate of high school in a large city makes a lot of kids do much worse than they would without that added stress.

I had to do correspondence work for grade 12 for medical reasons. My grades shot way up. I never would have managed the grades to make it in to decent post-secondary if I had done grade 12 in a regular school setting. I wished I had started correspondence earlier.
>>
understanding social dynamics is much more important than anything academic you can learn
>>
>>25373573
i know that's why i called you a bitch, bitch
>>
>>25372635
knew a guy who was home schooled. turned into a druggie who could barley read and write.
>>
>>25373060

You can't teach basic social skills.

Even a neet shut in has better social skills than someone who hasn't ever interacted with anybody does.
>>
File: 1361652519384.png (120 KB, 351x285) Image search: [Google]
1361652519384.png
120 KB, 351x285
>>25372635

Homeschoolers consistently outperform public school kids.
>>
Homeschooled all the way through highschool

4.0 GPA in highschool and college

Most popular person at the college

>people saying homeschool makes u stupid/antisocial
>>
File: 6XvLwKt_1_.webm (748 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
6XvLwKt_1_.webm
748 KB, 480x360
I knew a girl who was homeschooled. She's in MIT now
>>
Homeschool = Masterrace
>>
>>25374003
Parents were probably professors.
>>
>>25373939
Ya well, it does make it more likely. If you have a healthy family environment and other opportunities to socialize besides school that risk could easily be sidestepped.
>>
There are different reasons why kids are homeschooled.
Category 1
>parents want to raise you extremely religiously or sheltered
>you are in your own special Ed program
>severe bullying so you stay at home
Category 2
>public school is not challenging enough
>too limiting staying at the pace of the class
>parents pay for a bunch of reputable tutors and private group lessons in whatever you like
>>
File: art.jpg (53 KB, 600x671) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
53 KB, 600x671
>tfw online school for 7th and 8th grade
>was home alone pretty much every weekday
>spent all day on imageboards and playing with lego instead of doing my school work
Before that I was probably a regular kid.
But being separated from everyone my age outside of my neighborhood, and being forced to spend all day inside on the internet really fucked up my social development.
I'm pretty certain I was depressed before that time, though.
>>
>>25372676
I know a number of trained teachers who turned home schoolers when they had there own kids.
>>
File: unrelated.jpg (263 KB, 980x704) Image search: [Google]
unrelated.jpg
263 KB, 980x704
Because the parents are usually crazy fundies who spend the whole day learning about the bible.
>>
>>25372635
A good friend of mine started getting homeschooled at around grade 5, and I would say it ruined his life. His parent's didn't try even the slightest to teach him, so he just played video games all day, everyday. He can't get a job, has the education level of a fifth grader, and is extremely socially awkward. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
>>
>>25374501
Is that pic legit lol
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.