[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What keeps you coming back to 4chan everyday?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 16
File: 1435417254527.jpg (299 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1435417254527.jpg
299 KB, 1200x1200
What keeps you coming back to 4chan everyday?
>>
File: 1443496443273.png (341 KB, 850x832) Image search: [Google]
1443496443273.png
341 KB, 850x832
Muh safe space and echo chamber. Don't have to face reality if I have 100 other people who want to be miserable with me.
>>
I don't really know. I hate the majority of you retards and all the stupid shit people seem to enjoy arguing endlessly about.

Then again, I don't know where else to go. Fuck this
>>
Lately, I've found myself wondering a lot about why I come to this place. What do I get out of discussing stupid shit all day on this site? Nothing. Will it make my life better? Nope.

2016's around the corner, so I might put a block on the URL and see how long I can leave.
>>
>>25370905
you, anon. I come back for you.
>>
File: The-wire-photo.jpg (305 KB, 800x541) Image search: [Google]
The-wire-photo.jpg
305 KB, 800x541
"this all i know how to do, man"
>>
It's my main source of entertainment.
>>
I still get a few laughs, same as 10 years ago
>>
I have nowhere else to go.

4chan is shit, but it's the least shit website I can find.
>>
It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only loveless sperglord with no future (it doesn't tho)
>>
File: happ.jpg (72 KB, 600x321) Image search: [Google]
happ.jpg
72 KB, 600x321
I find it comforting to be with people with a similar personality to mine.

Unless you're a full blown off the scale autist you'll hide your power level while in public, so to find another robot in the wild is basically impossible since they're all going to be trying their best to be normal, and i'm not exactly qualified to tell the difference between a real normie and a pretender.

Hanging out with robots or /pol/acks online is the closest thing i have to hanging out with real friends.

happy new years eve robots.
>>
>>25370905
you faggots make me feel better about myself
>>
>>25371190
i come back for (you) too
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 280x280
God-tier memes
>>
1. Boredom
2. Get to be a filter-free ultra-conservative suicidal piece of shit, which, surprisingly, doesn't fly well with others in the real world.
>>
>>25371252
>There will never be another season of The Wire
I didn't ask for these feels.
>>
>>25371374
basically this oniichan

ive had friends before, even one rather close friend i'd hang out a lot with, but im still 25 kv neet

man ive been on 4chan since like 06 or 05

fucking christ
>>
i think 4chan is substituting for human interaction for me.

if you act needy with people, like a try hard, then you'll have friends; it's better to be at this level and risk being seen as annoying or clingy than it is to be at an indifferent or disinterested level.
if you're at a disinterested or indifferent level, people don't even bother with you, you get alienated instantly.

this is a tough pill to swallow for me because it basically means that i need to pretend to be interested in people in order to have that initial friendship.
>>
File: 1379275577286.gif (49 KB, 69x120) Image search: [Google]
1379275577286.gif
49 KB, 69x120
>>25371533
I feel you 100%, lately I just cant be bothered to even try for that initial friendship
>>
>>25371533
Not really. You will eventually find price that you are wholly and naturally interested in. Trust me.

You think fictional character are pulled from thin air? Nope.

They're based on actual cool people.
>>
4chan is the closest I can get to a "group experience" without my anxiety cancelling out my brain function.
>>
People saying that 4chan is like a group of friends: does the shitposting not mentally drain you?
>>
>>25371471
fuck off r9k.
>>
File: jAyHtSV.png (64 KB, 395x578) Image search: [Google]
jAyHtSV.png
64 KB, 395x578
I'm a meme dealer, peddling top-quality pepes right under the nose of the jannies
>>
To be quite honest 4chan knows more about me than anybody else.

I always feel fake when talking to people irl because you always have to hide stuff to keep social appearances.

Not I can be myself to the fullest and tell you guys shit that I would never be able to tell other people.
>>
>>25371701
this is r9k sir
>>
>>25370905
ADHD that's the only reason and you know it. We could read a book, watch a movie/series/anime, play vidya or talk to people irl. Instead we do this.
>>
>>25371668
Not I ignore it. Besides shitposting is part of 4chan. I've been here for 7 years and shitposting has always been here.
>>
Probably the same reasons that keep normies social. Being introduced to new things, keeping up-to-date with happenings and culture, mildly entertaining banter, feeling like part of a community, sometimes meaningful conversations.

Except for one thing: we never build up relationships with each other because we're always talking to different people.

Funny, the one thing we need, our anonymity denies us.
>>
I like to post, and lots of funny posters post on 4chan. Its Anonymous as well so you never can quite tell what is up, its a mystery. Its the only place like it on the web imo. It might not be the last place I always come back to, but it probably is.
>>
File: feel guy smiling.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
feel guy smiling.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>All the nice posts

Love you anons.
>>
>>25370905
4chan is the only connection I have to the outside world
>>
File: 1410540270477.jpg (91 KB, 653x490) Image search: [Google]
1410540270477.jpg
91 KB, 653x490
>>25370905
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ioSRwzFGg

I really don't know.
>>
File: re.jpg (5 KB, 236x228) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
5 KB, 236x228
>>25372051
>feel guy

get the fuck out normie scum learn your memes
>>
File: Worried wojack.png (5 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
Worried wojack.png
5 KB, 238x212
>>25372332
>tfw i face this everyday
>tfw im looking behind my back as i type this hopeing they dont come
>tfw everytime i hear footsteps i cringe
>>
File: 3254265467476.jpg (61 KB, 603x343) Image search: [Google]
3254265467476.jpg
61 KB, 603x343
Don't even know anymore....
>>
File: tfwthatfeel.jpg (188 KB, 741x773) Image search: [Google]
tfwthatfeel.jpg
188 KB, 741x773
>>25372332

>parents tiring of my lifestyle
>Might have to face reality soon
>NO License or education

I don't know what to do but maybe if I keep browsing 4chan the answer will come to me
>>
There is nothing left to do
>>
>>25372332
>"What are you doing for the world or other people?"

Normies actually believe this shit.
>>
>>25373565
>I don't know what to do but maybe if I keep browsing 4chan the answer will come to me
Sure it will, bro. Just as long as you don't stop shitposting as often as you can.
>>
>>25371280
>>25371300
These.

Also, I come back here for the easy bait.
>>
>>25373821

Thanks anon. I'll make a thread on /pol/ with a picture of that black guy from Age of Empires to get started
>>
>>25373565
it appears you are fucked
>>
File: off the air.jpg (63 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
off the air.jpg
63 KB, 878x814
>>25373248
Oh my gosh, anon. I know this feel.
You'll get through it, don't worry.
I got a part time job and found a place with cheap rent, so I get to be worthless without anyone watching me.
>>
>>25370905
im too afraid to make a change in my life
>>
kek level greentext threads
>>
File: 8576940.jpg (62 KB, 675x448) Image search: [Google]
8576940.jpg
62 KB, 675x448
>>25370905
Boredom mostly and to see how the place had been destroyed over the years by redditor
>>
>>25374250
>it appears you are fucked
oh, and he's be less fucked being 5 to 6 figures in debt or wageslaving?

neeting and living in virtual reality is one of the best financial investments you could possibly make
>>
I come here whenever I start having a panic attack. Hyperventilating, heartbroken, slouched over no real reason to live. Eyes burning, a new fun condition to add ontop of my problems. I come here to feel home. Sometimes it makes it worse, sometimes... Like right now when I type this it makes it all fade, if not all but mostly so. I'm listening to a song another anon posted while typing this. Feels good man. I love you guys.
>>
how do people get friends in reality?

I'll never know
>>
this place is terrible
i have no good reason
i'm out goodbye assholes
enjoy being shitty
i was a chad-in-the-making the whole time
>>
File: comfyasfuck.jpg (20 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
comfyasfuck.jpg
20 KB, 409x409
>>25375344

Nah, I'm prime time fucked, m+8. The world is just too difficult for people like me.
>Homelessness ho!
>>
>>25375423
get on bux or live in a car or something

and a lot of times homelessness is honestly better than wageslaving. there are homeless communities that live together and dont pay rent

ive lived in shelters and been homeless and have worked and can tell you i'd honestly rather be homeless than wageslave. maybe work sometimes, but working a job that kills your soul is not worth it

dont even get me started on education. not that that shit would even land u a job anyways

either way wageslaving is so fucked your honestly better off homeless

NOTHING beats the freedom of waking up whenever you want and not having so endure some piece of shit's daily abuse because you need cash

im on bux right now and if i wasnt id be homeless or start some online business or some shit
>>
>>25375476

No no, I agree with you , anon. I would much rather be homeless than work. Being around other people is a special sort of hell for me. My bank account has some money from a lawsuit so I'm settled for homelessness at least.

I worked out I could be homeless and well fed for 10 years without working.
>>
Good question. I have been coming here for... fuck, 8 years. The quality of the site, or at least the boards I frequent, has been decreasing. I can't quite say if it's the normies, the newfags, the dank meems or simply that I grew up. Possibly a combination of them all. Most of the time I can't help but wonder why in the fuck I keep comingcoming back to all the shitposting and reheashed threads.

But then I find one of those posts that are so utterly fucked up or so funny that I remember why I keep coming back. In the end 4chan it's humanity at its finest and its worst. I come back because of the sense of wonder I get from time to time. Be it a tile fucker or an anon getting violated by a tranny, the anonymous nature of this site helps people to post their diverse experiences, and I love this window to the human condition.

In the end I guess I'll stop coming when I don't get surprised anymore or the site shuts down. Until then, I'll keep coming to this shithole. Deep down I love 4chan.
>>
Because if I left it would be terribly quiet. I am planning on it, though. I rely too much on this place.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.