[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College thread. >did a year of work after I finished high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: display_beca-headphones.jpg (290 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
display_beca-headphones.jpg
290 KB, 750x500
College thread.

>did a year of work after I finished high school
>did a year of NEEThood after that
>2 years out of the education system, 20th birthday in April
>starting college in September

How do I not fuck this up? I feel like work has seriously fucked up and neutered my ability to talk to people, I talk to everyone like they're fucking customers. All I really want is a dedicated group of relatively normie but creative friends. I don't want to end up like my faggot friend who watched Netflix on his dorm room all day and dropped out after 4 months.
>>
>>25370362

This might not be the advice most want to hear, but I'd just say keep to yourself and do your work. Social shit is such a waste of time unless you're getting some kind of important connections. Don't worry about it and just talk to people only when you need to.
>>
>>25370362
>Join a club you're interested in and that will provide value to your course or beyond your college years
>Use the campus gym, try and get a gym buddy
>Study groups can actually be pretty cool

Just keep talking to people until the customer interaction conditioning wears off.
>>
>>25370448
I was thinking about joining an Acting group because I'm a huge cocksucking faggot and I think I might actually be good at acting. Art/drawing as well. Good advice, thanks m8.
>>
>>25370362
>went to graduation ceremony
>looked up my unofficial transcript a week later for a job that I wanted to apply for
>still said I'm a senior
>the university is closed until next week
>still didn't receive my diploma in the mail
>panicking because unsure if I actually graduated or still need to take classes that I didn't know about
>>
File: 1451294182055.jpg (39 KB, 598x608) Image search: [Google]
1451294182055.jpg
39 KB, 598x608
95% of these college threads are just people subtly bragging that they're in higher education.

Attention whore normie scum.
>>
>>25370622
Being in higher education isn't much of an achievement or worth bragging about. If you weren't capable of even getting into college, I don't know what to say.
>>
>>25370622

Not being a NEET doesn't make you a normie. I'm in college and a complete fucking loser who still hasn't held a girl's hand before.
>>
File: feel, it's me.png (128 KB, 579x523) Image search: [Google]
feel, it's me.png
128 KB, 579x523
>got out of high school in France
>failed first year of preparatory classes
>failed first year of physical measures studies
>failed first year of electrotechnical studies
>failed first year of humanities studies
>it's been years and I'm still considered to be fresh out of high school

just fuck my shit up t b h f a m
i don't want to work at mcdonald's, help
my family was fucking poor and i don't want to go through it all over again
>>
>>25370362
Shit OP, I really wish moe wasn't dead. I remember making a post on study skills a couple years ago where I described how to take detailed notes both from the book and lecture.
>>
>>25370725
How do you fuck up that badly? Just get a job at that point.
>>
>>25370725
If you went to preparatory you're not that retarded. Also if you're not that lazy and can deal with it you can still DCG / DSCG.
>>
>>25370362
>have facebook
>talk to people asap
>never refuse any social invitation
>don't devalue yourself in front of others
>lift weight as a hobby
>find some cool club
>>
>>25370362
I have no idea. After freshman year I grew apart from all my friends.
>>
>>25370920
What job? Besides McDonald's, I could do something manual, but I'm extremely clumsy so it's out of the question, I don't want to cause an accident.
At this point I'm considering either suicide or trying to be an artist (but I have no artistic culture so I'd have to learn that first).

>>25370982
Preparatory classes pretty much take anyone with an average over 15/20 in high school, which isn't difficult to achieve at all. As for DSCG, isn't that very difficult? I'm not even sure I can try with the high school diploma I have (STI2D).
>>
>>25371115
shit I meant STI, since STI2D is the recent reformed version.
>>
>>25371115
I did jack shit in high school and 15 seems like you were pretty good even if you worked a lot. I don't think it's that hard but well you need to work and I think it's useless without DCG (or CCA) but you can get good paying jobs + it's great if you have analytical skills. But obviously it's a lot of years.
>>
Hi I'm leaving for college in 5 days, how do I not be alone as an ugly socially anxious nerd with no hobbies?
>>
>>25371434
Talk to people and get hobbies.
>>
>>25371461
Oh is that all I have to do?
>>
>>25371497
well you have to do something you whiny fucking faggot nobody likes ugly dudes without hobbies who have social anxiety. FUCK you, kid
>>
>>25371336
High school work mainly requires to know lessons. Anything higher mainly requires, rather, to be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently, which is a completely different affair and one I am absolutely terrible at.

Wikipedia says only 15% of students in DSCG actually manage to pass though. That sounds terrifying to me.

>>25371434
Depends of what you're studying. If it's computer science, or engineering, or chemistry or something, it's very likely a sizeable amount of people there aslo are socially anxious nerds with no hobbies, so you shouldn't feel completely lost.
I suggest just keeping to yourself, and if you end up finding yourself talking regularly with somebody you get along with, that's good.
>>
>>25371522
>nobody likes ugly dudes without hobbies who have social anxiety
I'm aware, I wouldn't need advice if they did
>>
>>25370362
Muh nigger.
Depending what course you're doing. If you're genuinely interested in it youll meet people who share the same interests. It's cool.
>>
>tfw going to university to please parents
>no passions
>no interests
>no clue what the fuck I'm majoring in
>not mathematically inclined
>can't think of anything I would want to do as a career
>>
>>25371539
don't act like you don't already know what to do, shit stick
>>
>>25371702
>"I don't have friends"
>"Just make friends"
Thanks!
>>
File: 1429533978575.jpg (139 KB, 779x421) Image search: [Google]
1429533978575.jpg
139 KB, 779x421
>>25370400
This OP.

Treat college like a job. Go in at 8/9 (doesn't matter when but keep it consistent) every day and stay till 4 or 5.

When you're not in class you're in the library.

Carve out an hour for gym and half an hour for lunch.

If you want to join a club by all means do so. I got my first kiss/got invited to my first house party/lost my virginity through a club in college. I also learned to box through another unrelated club.

Bretty kewl stuff.

But that's for the evening after you're done with your work for the day.

Look into picking up a part time job/internship (in something that interests you preferably for academic credit) if you can.

Best advice I can give you.
>>
>>25371727
I didn't give you advice some other guy did and you snatted at him. once again, fuck you. do you really think I give a fuck about some piece of shit like you or whether you get a friend or not? what a joke
>>
>>25371789
>once again, fuck you. do you really think I give a fuck about some piece of shit like you or whether you get a friend or not? what a joke
Relax.
>>
>>25370622
No one's bragging.

You're just shitty and insecure because you're not in college and you want to be.

No one else cares about you or your faggot feelings NEET/wagecuck (idgaf which) dumbfuck

>implying I'm in college
>implying I didn't graduate a year ago

And yet you'll still try to ad hominem your way out because you never finished highschool and consequently you don't understand basic rhetoric.
>>
>>25371806
>wahh I don't have any friends
I'm glad you're you
>>
>>25371833
You gotta relax.
>>
>>25371727
This is why you are alone.
>>
>>25372011
You're right. I don't know how to make friends, and as a result I'm alone.
>>
You're an idiot for waiting two years. You're also an idiot for wanting a friend group.
Anyway, do EXACTLY what your professors say, study everyday, go to bed and wake up at the same time EVERY DAY and ALWAYS show up to class on time. Guaranteed 4.0
I did the above while stoned 24/7, and still 4.0'd my classes.
>>
>>25372091
It's kind of a nice feeling knowing that I'm going into college with a completely new group of people, no overlap with people from my high school.
>>
>>25372240
It's freeing, but it also kinda scares me. It's a fresh start, but I've been coasting on the same tiny social group since middle school.
>>
>>25370362
Just do your assignments and study hard. I'm failing out because I tried socializing.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.