[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'Sup /r9k/. I'm mega bummed for this New Years. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: 1443407505610.jpg (80 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1443407505610.jpg
80 KB, 1024x768
'Sup /r9k/.

I'm mega bummed for this New Years. I was supposed to go to my friends' annual NYE gathering, but I ended up getting a fucking cold, and because a couple of the grills there are germophobic, I can't go.

Since I'm also taking antibiotics and acetominophen, I can't drink myself to oblivion either.

So, I'll be stuck in my apartment, alone, with no alcohol and no friends on what should be one of the more fun nights of the year.

Tell me, /r9k/ how do you deal with feels like this?
>>
File: db650b39849de8818154de3627ee660a.jpg (1021 KB, 1447x2046) Image search: [Google]
db650b39849de8818154de3627ee660a.jpg
1021 KB, 1447x2046
>>25370010
A massive injection of concentrated moeshit. And hot chocolate, who cares if you can't feel the taste, it's for the mood.

Get some yuru yuri or hidamari sketch.
>>
Are you taking antibiotics for a cold?
>>
File: normies.jpg (62 KB, 468x494) Image search: [Google]
normies.jpg
62 KB, 468x494
>>25370010
>friends
>going to a party
>a party with girls
>a party with friends with girls

Get reeeeee'd on or something.
>>
>>25370461

Yes.

>>25370174
Moeshit? I don't watch anime. That's like, cute girls and stuff, yeah?
>>
>>25370506
What's wrong with cute girls and stuff ?
>>
F U C K Y O U
U
C
K
Y
O
U

There's no need to take any medicine whatsoever for a cold. You're just helping with the antibiotic resistant bacteria
>>
>>25370506
Some of it is, there's the "manime" type stuff too.
Like how the French have 200 types of cheese, the Japan's have tons of genres and types of anime

Also anon colds suck, I'm on day 2 of mine.
>>
>>25370010
How about you get the fuck off of my board?
>>
>haven't done anything on NYE for two years in a row.
>finally get invited to a party by some grill
>actually decide to go and agree instead of being lonely and miserable
>learn my ex gf is going to be there with her new bf - he is a dindu
>don't want to go anymore
>not going means I'm stuck at home with my brother and his wife and 1 year old nephew.
>>
>>25370544

Nothing. I mean, I prefer my girls to have four hooves, but y'know, it's lately not been doing anything for me. Might as well see what the other side has to offer.

>>25370562
Incorrect. If it's a bacterial infection - not a viral one, then by taking the full course of antibiotics (Azithromycin 250g), I'll kill all of them off.

>>25370637
But isn't this where people go to be sad? I'm sad, and I need help. Don't be a huge faggot..

>>25370693
That sucks. Why not drink instead or go out to a bar? Most of them will have mixers.
>>
>>25370916
Because I feel out of my skin at bars. Also, getting blasted means being hung over and I have a ton of grading I've been pushing off (teacher).
>>
>>25370916
you dumb idiot the common cold is viral
>>
>>25370916
This isn't where people come to be sad, this is for sad people to live.
You're a happy person in a sad mood. Here is for sad persons in a neutral mood.
>>
>>25371091

Oh, okay. I'm not actually happy, though, I'm... neutral in a sad mood.

>>25371078
But it's not the common cold. I don't have a fever, for one. Also, I'm gonna trust the man in the white cold. Granted, he did say it's also possible that it's an allergy, but I'm not willing to risk infecting 20 (well, 16) of my friends.

>>25371068
KEK. I'm still waiting for my grades. You don't teach at KBCC, do you?
>>
>>25370916
Anon, the common cold is caused by around 200 types of viruses. Colds are viral infections, not bacterial. Antibiotics won't help, and in fact make things worse.
It's people like you and lazy doctors that is the reason for all of our bacteria that now can resist antibiotics, overuse and improper applications
>>
>>25371150
I teach middle schoolers. I'd say there is no chance that my students are on this board, but I found that was untrue last year. Overheard 8th graders discussing rare pepes and cisscum. I asked them where they found such nonsense, and they said here. Truly the end of times.
>>
File: at first I was and then I B^).png (331 KB, 357x929) Image search: [Google]
at first I was and then I B^).png
331 KB, 357x929
>girls so germaphobic they won't let you go to party

sounds like they didn't want you in the first place
>>
>>25371154

Now look up sinusitis.
>>
>>25371222

That's profoundly disturbing on multiple levels. Then again, my sister shitposts rare pepes on facebook, so I dunno (she's 13). That's fucked up though.

>>25371229
Haha, no. Since I'm a husky Russian fun-loving guy, the party don't start 'till I get there.
>>
File: image.jpg (338 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338 KB, 750x1334
>>25371296
>http://umm.edu/health/medical/reports/articles/sinusitis

Did you just want me to prove my point? because as it stands, and as it always will, viruses cannot be combated with antibiotics
>>
>>25371613

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/antibiotics-for-sinusitis
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 750x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 750x383
>>25371873
Ok I guess I'll play this fucking game

http://www.m.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/antibiotics-colds

http://cchealth.org/column/healthy_outlook_mar25_2008.php

http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/drugs-procedures-devices/prescription-medicines/antibiotics-when-they-can-and-cant-help.html

http://www.nps.org.au/medicines/infections-and-infestations/antibiotics/for-individuals/antibiotics-dont-kill-viruses
>>
>>25370010
Discontinue the NSAIDS if you aren't feverish. You can drink distilled spirits on abx, just nothing fermented. Beer and wine contain yeast, and you can get an opportunistic infection. As long as you aren't on like trimeth-sulfa or metro, you will be fine. People very rarely suffer side effects. Don't be a bitch, and go get sloshed.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.