[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >inherit family business >family friend and employee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
>be me
>inherit family business
>family friend and employee for 20 years has been doing a bad job for the last 2 years
>firing him tomorrow.. love the guy, hes a good guy.. shitty worker.
>this sucks.
>>
What's so bad about it? No chance of fixing it?
>>
>>25369589
That's a rough situation for whoever you're quoting.
>>
>>25369589

How bad is he? Can't you talk to him first?
>>
>>25369637
Naw, he has had lots of second chances. He constantly bitches about the "good ol days" when the job was easier and he could play golf every day. Time and time again he has proven himself to be my laziest worker and the least likely to go the extra mile and try to improve himself. Everyone else bust their asses except for this guy, and it sucks he has been here 20 years... he got so much slack because of that.
>>
File: rxESA2N.jpg (116 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
rxESA2N.jpg
116 KB, 1200x800
>work at shorty dead end job for twenty years
>work ass off first fifteen years
>give up after no raises, promotions our even a thank you
>big boss dies and leaves his twenty year old robot son in charge
>finally give up
>>
>>25369589

Threathen him, either do a better job or get fired
>>
>>25369743
>>25369646
We have had several talks and discipline notices for letting shit fall through the cracks and generally going a bad job.
>>
>>25369705
i would let him go for a bit. offer to let him resign and take some time away from work. maybe once he realizes what he had when it was gone he will improve. then you let him come back in a few weeks or a month or so and don't piss off your family friend that much?
>>
>>25369723
:(
I am 32, worked here for 15 years myself. He makes more money than anyone other than ownership.
>>
OP securing the first shooting of 2016 as a New Year's gift to /r9k/
>>
>>25369799
A few months ago he was suspended for 2 weeks without pay. He came back better for about 10 days before he went back to his old ways.
>>
File: 1451523304349.png (268 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1451523304349.png
268 KB, 500x540
>>25369589
must be nice to be born into wealth and job security
>>
>>25369845
You'd think so.. but I work 26 days a month, have zero social life because work takes up all my time, and I work in a very high stress environment. There are days where I would rather mow lawns.
>>
>>25369915
What does your company do anon?

I know those feels tho, my dad owned a company while I was growing up and he was never around.
>>
don't be a fucking cuck
YOU'RE paying him to do the job
not firing him is equivalent of letting a black bull in your house to fuck your wife, but you're too beta to kick him out
>>
>>25369800
cant you reduce his wages/have a word. just pull him to one side and say everyones working hard and your trying to coast. i dont think you should lose 20years of someones knowledge and experience
>>
>>25369915
Fire this guy then pay someone his wages to do some of your work. Welcome to Capitalism where your dad builds something that makes enough money to run itself so you, who inherit it, can live a perfect NEET life on the companies revenue.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.