[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if cenario: Zerg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: roach.jpg (56 KB, 604x437) Image search: [Google]
roach.jpg
56 KB, 604x437
Zerg don't have access to anything that doesn't work in RL with two exceptions.
1) Queens and Overlords have human - level intelligence, wide - range telepathy, and very minor telekinesis - much less powerful then a gun. As a result, Overlords can't fly.
2) Zerg hyperadaptivity is still working, but without Vespen gase it takes not seconds, but weeks or several days in a cocoon.

Everything else is just... Not working. Growing a hatchery takes several weeks, Hydralisk have firepower of an LMG, Zerglings are vulnerable to AP rounds or concentrated fire from guns, and even mutalisks can't fly without a major change.
As a rule of thumb, Zerg can research anything that we see in nature, combine it and make it ~ two times better. With some inspiration, they even can emulate modern tech, getting similar results as we do. They technically can create entirely new biological systems, but it will take months even with Abathur - level intelligence, and still will need tests.

Now, scenarios:
1) A single primal Zerg is transported into a secluded spot on the Earth. How long untill Primal zerg start replacing our ecosystem? Could we fight it? Can we survive it? How it will affect our lives? Primal zerg don't usually use viruses or bacteria as weapons.
2) A single Zerg drone without any supervision or intelligence beyond basic instincts and urge to evolve is placed in a forest in Siberia. Will the very stupid Zerg colony even survive? Will it pose any threat even to a small group of armed people?
3) A single Zerg Queen with telepathy and some basic knowledge of Starcraft universe is placed in a remote forest. It can use telepathy to gather data about today technology, and spawn some Zerg larva, Drones, Zerglings. It has Mineral - hardened shell and spine - launchers that are equivalent to 50 mm guns. It can use evolution chamber and even do something itself. It has no orders beyond survive. What will it do? If it is agressive, can Zerg outsmart modern military?
>>
tl;dr

just 6 pool on ladder bro
>>
>>25369263
Tought you autists liked serious discussion instead of bait and shitpost.
>>
Why no one ever participate my threads
>>
>>25369686
starcraft died at the end WoL
>>
>>25369868
why so? is the fandom not strong?
>>
>>25369686
You've made this thread too hard to reply to.

I'm interested, but I only ever played the original starcraft so all of this 'specific' stuff about Zergs is way over my head. No idea what a primal zerg even is.

But my answer to all of your questions is: It depends. You need to think creatively yourself, you're clearly having a good old think about this, which is cool. But you shouldn't expect anybody else to be interested in it. What do you want people to say?

Besides why the heck would you come to R9k to ask this instead of tg? Turn this into a cyoa image and you'll get a bunch of people responding.

Tl;dr: Too specific a topic, Too much required info on the topic, >Cenario, weird specific questions within a weird topic instead of just general Zerg chat (You think you've made it easier to reply but you haven't) and most importantly Protoss rule, Zergs drool.
>>
>>25370291
>protoss

pleb

if i went to /tg/ and they would just banned withing minutes, like they always do. Mods hate me for some reason.
>>
>>25369263
I'm replying just give me a second...
>>
protoss are normies
>>
File: 1439575889186.jpg (57 KB, 720x368) Image search: [Google]
1439575889186.jpg
57 KB, 720x368
>>25369263
>Secluded Spot
It depends on what continent at first. Are Zerg immune to foreign disease? What kind of animals will the Zerg add to the swarm? What kind of resources are there on Earth to supply this Zerg? I think the answer is 50/50 depending on where, when, and how the Zerg ends up on Earth and reacts.
Zerg drones need a psilink in order to create buildings. No overlords or overminds or cerebrates or queens or kerrigans or whatever available? The drone does jack shit.
Zerg are descendant of Primal Zerg. Primal Zerg fought and outhunted each other in order to evolve. I think if the Queen started small and devised smart tactics, it would win any scenario. It will evolve with its swarm especially if it's an independent mind like the Overmind.
From >>25370446
>>
>>25370581
Thank for participating anon.

1. lets say Middle of africa, higly resistent to disease, the rest he will have to improvise.

2. case closed.

3. elaborate, consider same scenario as 1.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.