[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im a dentist. I know all the robots on here have rotten teeth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 23
File: teeth-03.jpg (2 MB, 2947x1846) Image search: [Google]
teeth-03.jpg
2 MB, 2947x1846
Im a dentist. I know all the robots on here have rotten teeth and i'm here to help. I can help if you tell me your situation and what is wrong.
>>
File: 20151230_001052.jpg (259 KB, 1348x1046) Image search: [Google]
20151230_001052.jpg
259 KB, 1348x1046
my teeth aren't that bad, bitch
>>
>>25366114
You're right, the 6 teeth i can see are alright.
Most of the problems occur in back teeth though!
>>
>>25366097
Why do my back teeth, inside ears, temple and eye socket hurt with shooting pains when I take benadryl (diphenhydramine) for sleep? The following morning, all my teeth are loose and rattle
>>
>>25366148
I find it hard to believe you are a legitimate dentist but if you are then I have a question.

My wisdom tooth on one side is half covered by gum and it has been causing me problems. Can I just have the one taken out or does it have to be both and if I do have them removed will a gap develop in my front teeth due to them shifting?
>>
I neglected brushing my teeth and such when I was a kid, got 3 cavities and started to be much more vigilant. Now, I brush twice a day w/ whitening toothpaste usually 4 minutes each time, use whitening mouthwash before bed, and floss each time too. I used whitestrips once and they helped a little but not amazingly. Basically I have fairly yellowed teeth that just won't whiten. Also the back of my tongue is usually kinda grody before I brush it, possibly from post nasal drip?
>>
I have 3 wisdom teeth that came in perfectly and 1 that didn't. Is it justified to get them pulled?
>>
>>25366097
my teeth are extremely crooked and despite brushing twice a day they are still yellow
>>
>>25366232
The gum overgrowing over that wisdom tooth is caused by impaction of that tooth (not enough room to grow in). Sometimes this problem is fixed by taking out the upper wisdom tooth on this side. Removing a lower wisdom tooth is a much more difficult procedure than the upper one. If you remove just one lower it will be okay since you aren't growing any more and there is no chance of midline shift.

My recommendation is to get the upper wisdom tooth on that side removed and see if it removes the problems. Usually the problem is pericoronitis which causes pain.
>>
>>25366290
I wouldn't say take them all out. I think your dentist may know best as it differs from case to case.
>>
>>25366310
The colour of your teeth has nothing to do with your brushing habits unless you have lots of staining due to tannins. (coffee, tobacco.. etc)

If you think your teeth are stained you can get the stains removed by microabrasion or just go to a dentist and get bleaching with carbamide peroxide.

As for the crookedness, look into orthodontic treatment.
>>
I need braces and I'm 19, is there still hope or do I need to make tons of money to replace them?
How much do regular braces usually cost and how much replacing 4 teeth cost?
>>
>>25366243
Get them whitened professionally with carbamide peroxide. It's pretty much the only thing that will work.
>>
>>25366430
I need to know what country you're in before commenting on that. If you're in the UK you can get braces for free at any age as long as your teeth are crooked enough for it to be a major aesthetic or functional problem!
>>
I had one wisdom teeth removed last month, next up is one remaining in my upper jaw then one in the bottom jaw. I weren't in any pain whatsoever than only for a couple of hours after removing the first one. So i hope i'll be good. Also have several cavities i need to fix though, including two on my upper front teeth. How hard are front teeth cavities to fix? I assume it's mostly just a white fillling used.
>>
>>25366526
Good job. Usually the lower wisdom teeth are a bit more problematic to remove but if you've done it before you are a champ! Cavities on the front teeth are very dependent on how much tooth they need to replace. A good dentist will be able to create a filling that looks exactly like the tooth you originally had before the cavity came about. A white filling (composite) will surely be used. It would be inhumane not to.
>>
do i need braces?
>>
and yes i know i need to brush my teeth

>>25366593
>>
>>25366583
Right, but it's not particulary difficult usually. Okay. Yeah she did a pretty good job, it was a quick procedure too. From what i can see the lower wisdom teeth isn't in a position that would make it hard to remove either. I probably need braces, but desu i am kinda ok with my teeth anyway.
>>
>>25366593
You would not be a candidate for braces since you have poor oral hygiene. I can see a lot of plaque and gingivitis in this picture. Braces would only make your problems worse. You need to brush your teeth better. Look up the modified bass technique. Brush for 2 minutes at least morning and night and take extra care to brush at the gum line.
>>
i have a severe overbite help
>>
File: 1339672655890.jpg (23 KB, 336x229) Image search: [Google]
1339672655890.jpg
23 KB, 336x229
>tfw braces for fourth year
>tfw just had double jaw surgery
>tfw receding gums
>tfw teeth sensitive to cold and hot
>tfw yellow teeth

I will never have that hollywood smile. I should've brushed when I was a kid.
>>
>>25366593
Would recommend if you have the money, your teeth shouldn't change much more after you at old enough unless something is making them move.
>>
>>25366628
Good to hear. Glad I could help. From your perspective a filling should only really be an injection and then a bit of drilling then some material placement. All should be completely painless if you have a decent dentist.
>>
>>25366643
How is the severe overbite affecting you? Is it complete / incomplete/ traumatic?
>>
>>25366687
Yeah, i'll do it. First priority is removing the two wisdom teeth, fixing other cavities. I kinda need braces, since my teeths aren't very even when you look up close and in the upper jaw i have two somewhat "vampire" teeth if you will.
>>
File: Snapchat-6934611823569518421.jpg (643 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6934611823569518421.jpg
643 KB, 1080x1920
>>25366716
my bottom teeth are completely hidden :(
>>
>>25366097

I brush my teeth once a day when they really start hurting from how dirty they are.

Sometimes I forget to brush them at all. This begun about 6 months ago.

How badly can this fuck me up in the long term?

My teeth are yellow shit crooked garbage anyways.
>>
>>25366728
Remember sometimes orthodontic work (braces) causes a lot of other problems like root resorption (will make teeth weaker in long term) and can cause decalcification (will fuck teeth up) if you aren't 100% with your brushing. Please do not get braces if you don't 100% need them. I do not know how the system works in USA but we in UK NHS will not prescribe them in people where we know it will cause damage. In USA the dollar will rule over any decision over patient safety.
>>
how to get hollywood white teeth?
>>
>>25366778

> perfect teeth HKV
> mfw this freak will get laid anyways because she has a warm wet fuckhole between her legs

it's not fair familia
>>
>>25366787
how often do you go without brushing usually?
>>
>>25366778
It's a very slight overbite. You have pretty great looking teeth otherwise. I wouldn't be concerned about them as most people wouldn't notice this overbite. Congratulations!
>>
>>25366787
Seriously you need to start brushing more regularly. You may be late into the process of caries and may need dental treatment already. I recommend you go see a dentist who is not in it for the money. One who actually wants to help.

This can lead to you losing all your teeth in the future and you may need to wear a denture forever.
>>
recover neet, pretty much started brushing my teeth regularly 3 months ago at the age of 22.

Before then would just chew gum, and floss daily. I really hate toothpaste.

Will I ever be normal? they don't look all that bad aside from being a bit yellow. I've seen way worse. Aside from cosmetic aspects, I have no complaints.
>>
What can be done to fix receded gums? As I'm aware, they don't just grow back.
>>
>>25366479
I am in the UK, but I moved a few months ago from another country that is in the EU, I also have a NHS nr, should I post a picture of my teeth so you can get the idea?
>>
>>25366822
i also have a personality :(
>>25366853
my dentist said its a 100% overbite but didnt tell me anything about fixing it. is invisalign bad?
>>
File: teeth.jpg (21 KB, 509x288) Image search: [Google]
teeth.jpg
21 KB, 509x288
>>25366800
Yeah, i don't feel that i particularly need them. Please see pic related. My mouth is big as well, enough so that you can't see them that well when i talk anyway, nor does it bother me. I also have a large overbite. The two cavities you see in the upper fronth teeth are the ones i'll get fixed.
>>
>>25366910
Yeah you'll be normal with effort and treatment. What are your complaints? Yellowing of your teeth? This may just be your natural colour, in which case bleaching with carbamide peroxide is pretty much the only option which will work properly.
Good job to you on turning it around. Not many people have the strength to do that.
>>
>>25366923
Please post a picture so i can get an idea if you'd be a candidate for free orthodontic work
>>
>>25366841

once a day, sometimes once every three days

>>25366905

I've never had a cavity. I really stopped caring when no matter how many times a day I brushed they would still get dirty and yellow after going to the dentist and having them cleaned up nice and white.
>>
>>25366936
Okay i can see that you have a bit of wear on your teeth from either bruxism (google it) and also from drinking fizzy juice. Please stop drinking so much acidic drinks since it is seriously affecting you in a negative way. You also have some gingivitis. I would not be considering any orthodontic work until you get these other things under control first.
>>
Do people actually floss every single day?
>>
>>25366989
All this means is when you brush you aren't doing it correctly. Do not become disillusioned with your oral health just because what a dentist has told you has turned out to be untrue. They are operating under extreme time constraints and simply do not have the time to explain everything to you. Look up modified bass technique and brush for 2 minutes on all surfaces of your teeth and ensure you are brushing at the gum line.
>>
>>25367041
Yeah, i am drinking a lot of coke. Brushing my teeth every night though. I'reckon i also should start doing it in the morning. It's very hard to stop with those delicious drinks though anon. And as long as i get my cavities fixed and after that brush night and morning i don't see the huge problem. How do you feel about my teeth otherwise then? Do you think as long as i personally is not affected by it self esteem wise that they really need braces? Since it's expensive as fuck. The reason for teeth being like they are is a falling accident i had when i was 3 or so.
>>
>>25367086
>Do people actually floss every single day?
I do since i'm a dentist, but only started recently. I used to not do it and was generally fine. But when i started i would bleed a lot. This means my gums were infected. I would 100% recommend doing it at least every couple of days. Make it a habit. Do it when watching TV. It becomes really easy and fun after a while.
>>
>>25366956
I'm scared to go to the dentist because I worry it will be obvious I pretty much didn't brush my whole life.

Though I don't really feel the need to go either.

Sometimes I just think that because I didn't brush all my life, I have seriously fucked up things that require attention, but I don't feel/see anything wrong, the only reason I started was to get rid of bad breath.
>>
What's the proper procedure of flossing your teeth? What's steps do you take?
>>
>>25367103
Please for the sake of your teeth at LEAST switch to diet coke or something else with no sugar. Your teeth are eroding. You may also be brushing too hard. If you aren't affected by it and are happy with the way things are orthodontically I would never recommend braces, absolutely not.
>>
>>25367086
I only recently started brushing every day, but I've always flossed.

Sometimes I floss right after certain meals, that tend to get stuck between my teeth.

I can literally feel it swelling up and becoming infected in a matter of 3-4 hours.
>>
should i brush before or after breakfast? dentist told me it can be bad to brush after eating, but if i brush before, then eat after, it feels like a waste, because my clean mouth instantly feels dirty again
>>
>>25367139
Dude, most dentists do not care about your past decisions. Dentists like me will only be happy to help you and will be so happy that you have taken the right steps to change your ways and decided to care about your oral health!

>>25367164

Flossing

Wind 18 inches of floss around middle fingers of each hand. Pinch floss between thumbs and index fingers, leaving a one- to two-inch length in between. Use thumbs to direct floss between upper teeth.

Keep a one- to two-inch length of floss taut between fingers. Use index fingers to guide floss between contacts of the lower teeth.
Glide: Gently guide floss between the teeth by using a zig-zag motion. DO NOT SNAP FLOSS BETWEEN YOUR TEETH. Contour floss around the side of the tooth.
Slide: Slide floss up and down against the tooth surface and under the gum line. Floss each tooth thoroughly with a clean section of floss.
>>
>>25367130
You're not a dentist, you're a faggot. If you didn't floss and started anyone's gums would bleed, it has nothing to do with infection. And don't lie to people, it's not fun, it's tedious.
>>
I occasionlly get a shooting pain into my upper jaw about 1" when I eat cold food or sometimes it throbs for no reason late at night.

Went to the dentist, told them about it. Got x-rayed and poked and they said nothing is wrong.

I'm scared please help.
>>
>>25367202
Either brush 20minutes after breakfast or 20minutes before.

within 20minutes after > you are brushing the acid from food into teeth = BAD

within 20minutes before > you will be eating and thus removing any fluoride from the toothpaste and removing any benefit you will be getting from that.
>>
File: 1437637944570.jpg (10 KB, 193x245) Image search: [Google]
1437637944570.jpg
10 KB, 193x245
>>25367171
B-but dentist a-anon. I am scared now. I will brush every morning. My dentist didn't say anything about that though. So it's probably not as severe. But of course, it's a good idea to brush every morning as well and at least lessen the amount i drink. But honestly, when cavities are fixed and if i continue to brush better then i shouldn't have too much of an issue?
>>
I haven't brushed my teeth in months
I don't give a shit if I end up having cavities, I have one dead teeth already and it honestly feels better
Fight me you piece of shit physician, I hate you
>>
File: _20151230_235654.jpg (1001 KB, 3517x2160) Image search: [Google]
_20151230_235654.jpg
1001 KB, 3517x2160
>>25366978
They are so bad as you can see, but I still brush everyday even if it doesnt look like
>>
>>25367295
>in months
dude...
>>
>>25367232
You have pulpitis. It cannot be detected by a radiograph (xray). If your dentist was good they may have done some sensibility testing on the teeth. This is early sign that you will need a root treatment or deep filling in future. The sooner you get it seen to the better it will turn out for you. Demand you get either Electric Pulp Testing on that area or Ethyl chloride (Cold) testing on that area.

You should not be living in pain, it is unfair for a human to be doing so.

>>25367227
Sup. Gingivitis is an infection.
>>
im happy with my teeth but how do i get rid of that small thin plaque that is right around the base of some of my teeth? it just wont fucking come off
>>
>>25367277
Don't be scared. Just change. All I will tell you is the best you can do. If you get the fillings then continue your lifestyle choices nothing will change. You will get subsequent cavities and your teeth will continue to decay. Lifestyle needs to change for oral health to change.

Brushing more often and cutting down on sugar is a VERY positive lifestyle change and i applaude you for that.
>>
>>25367388
It may be something called calculus, it can only be removed by a firm scraping by a dentist or hygienist. This will be called scaling.

Calculus is formed when plaque is solidified by the calcium in saliva. It adheres VERY strongly to teeth and toothbrushing will not be able to remove it, no matter how hard you try.
>>
File: welp.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
>>25367340
why did my teeth turn out not straight like that. also is it normal to have one of your k9s look like a fang?
>>
>>25367440
i just googled it. fucking disgusting images but yeah it's basically that, but nowhere near as bad as those images, just very slightly visible on a few teeth, thanks doc
>>
>>25367465
It looks like you may have an AOB (anterior open bite) use google to find out what that is. It's just an unfortunate orthodontic problem. Your canines are in good shape, yeah it's normal for them to be that way, they just get worn down with age, and yours haven't as much due to the way your bite is.

I hope i've helped at least 1 of the robots on here. It has made it all worthwhile if i had.
>>
>>25367413
Thanks for the kind words anon. I was first scared to go to the dentist to get my wisdom teeth removed, but she was really qt and procedure was fast. No pain whatsoever during or after the procedure either, other than the mentioned couple of hours or so. Day after it was completely gone. So next up is the two wisdom teeth, One upper left back, and one all the way in the left lower back.
>>
I literally haven't brushed my teeth in 6 months
>>
>>25367527
Good job anon for the adherence to treatment. You sound like a great patient and one every dentist would love to have in their books. Don't be scared of us because the majority of us are just trying to help!
>>
>>25366097
I have space between my teeth. I'm too old to wear braces too. Could things like Invisaline and Smile Care actually help? Are they a better alternative to braces?
>>
Where do you work, OP? Country-wise.
>>
>>25367575
Haha, not too sure about that. But thanks regardless. Hopefully i won't need a roth canal treatment, though my dentist didn't say anything about me needing that after the x-rays. I've ordered an examination of my teeth in January, just to find out what needs to be done more properly. But from what i've gathered the only large cavities are in my wisdom teeth. The rest are small enough, at least on the outside that they probably just need a filling. I'm glad i don't have much worse teeth than that, a roth canal would suck.
>>
>>25367527
how long does it take for them to remove wisdom teeth? i fucking hate the dentist more than anything, i just want it over as soon as possible
>>
>>25367633
Took less time than cooking a pizza in the oven. I.e about 13-14 minutes.
>>
>>25367633
I thought they put you to sleep for it anyway
>>
>>25367604
Yes they could. They are an alternative but i cannot say they are better or worse.

>>25367625
UK, Scotland specifically.

>>25367627
I dont think many dentists would do RCT on wisdom teeth, and nope you probably won't need them on those front teeth i saw.

>>25367633
It depends, it shouldn't take too long. I've seen wisdom teeth taken out in under 2 minutes.
>>
File: file.png (440 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
file.png
440 KB, 600x450
>>25366097
How does this image make you feel, as a dentist?
>>
>>25367718
Nah but wisdom teeth sucks and i'd rather just remove them than to deal with em. I have other cavities in other teeth, but i have no pain in them, no pain when eating or drinking so it doesn't look like i'll need a RCT. But who knows. But the dentist is really qt so i kinda hope i have much to fix so i can see her more times.
>>
>>25367786
It makes me realise that some dudes are beyond saving. Did that guy not rape his kids or something?

Shiit could be a new example to people to make them start brushing. Wanna end up like this diddler? No? Then brush your fucking teeth.

Fuck that guy.
>>
>>25367786
not dentist. but how does someone let their teeth get to this point? you don't even have to go to the dentist just fucking brush your teeth once in a while, holy shit
do these people have a fear of colgate or what
>>
>>25367327
Please save me, I don't want to be fucked like this forever
>>
>>25367806
Dude if i were you just get those teeth up to 100% and keep going to see her. Dentists like enthusiastic patients. Especially if they have good teeth. So good teeth & enthusiastic = you got a chance!
>>
I used to have really crooked teeth, then I got braces and fixed the issue.

Thing is, I didn't wear my retainer.
Now I am 22 and my teeth are messed up again, but now as much as before.

So is it worth getting braces again?
>>
t b h f a m i think human teeth haven't evolved with our food culture and drinks. That is why modern humans are plagued with problems.
>>
>>25367866
She smiled a lot to me and had a welcoming personality. That helps with going to the dentist, much better than getting some old angry dentist.
>>
i won best smile in high school so you can fuck off
>>
File: 1444917267041.gif (301 KB, 270x271) Image search: [Google]
1444917267041.gif
301 KB, 270x271
I brush and floss every day yet my breath still starts to smell about 30 minutes after I brush my teeth. I barely even eat anything with sugar aside from berries and shit. Feels like there's stuff stuck at the back of my throat causing this, since brushing only seems to be a temporary solution. How do I get rid of it?
>>
File: 1378005697234.jpg (79 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1378005697234.jpg
79 KB, 500x375
OP
Can flossing damage gums or cause gum loss?

I tend to press the floss down hard against my gum line but it always feels like its going really deep between the teeth and gum and it worries me. My gums never bleed when I do this except around two of my front teeth where they are very crowded and it's difficult to floss. Is this wrong?

Thank you
>>
>>25367843
Sorry if i neglected you post. I have been writing for pretty much the past hour solid.

dude it looks like you got some gingivitis. Also a little bit of ortho problems but NOT a major problem for you right now.

You need to get your brushing and flossing down first. Modified bass technique - 2 minutes, 2x daily. Especially at gumline. Floss 1x daily.

Once you get that done and your gums are in good health you can talk about other things with me but until then only someone who is money grabbing would offer you anything else.

Good luck anon, you aren't far off having a pretty much perfect smile, you just need to get your oral hygiene under control.
>>
My teeth hurt sometimes.
>>
>>25367825
It was his half-sister or something. You should get some high quality prints of the picture to hang up around your dental clinic.
>>25367839
I think shit was literally part of his diet. Not to mention all the soda autists like him drink.
>>
>>25367956
Not OP, but do you floss? My teeth used to hurt like hell whenever I ate tough food like steak and also sometimes randomly. Then I started flossing and the pain went away after about a week or two.
>>
File: Plaque.png (149 KB, 205x409) Image search: [Google]
Plaque.png
149 KB, 205x409
>>25366097
I want to scrape off some tartar from behind my bottom two front teeth. Pic related, I have even less than the "slight" part of the picture.

I bought this cheap kit to do it.
http://www.amazon.com/Plackers-Dental-Tools-Mirror-Scalar/dp/B00AL14NKQ/ref=sr_1_22?srs=2598604011&ie=UTF8&qid=1451521714&sr=8-22

Seems pretty forward but any tips before I do it?
>>
>>25367868
Will you wear your retainer this time? If you aren't willing to wear your retainer for the rest of your life then no it is not worth it.

>>25367909
It certainly helps :)

>>25367921
Sorry! I'm just trying to help! Don't be salty!

>>25367922
Try a tongue scraper

>>25367938
Floss probably wont cause any damage, no. Be gentle with it though remember to floss the side of the teeth, not the space between the teeth. Try and wiggle the floss inbetween the contact between teeth instead of just jamming it in. This may help any concern about causing trauma to gums.
>>
>>25367922
Not a dentist.

Brush your tongue and use mouthwash (before you brush, you don't want to flush out the fluoride that your toothpaste contains). You could get regular mouthwash or just swill your mouth with warm salt water.

Could get checked for tonsil stones too. Those will make your breath stink.
>>
My teeth are kind of yellow. Can I brighten/whiten them with toothpaste that says it does that? If I regularly brush and floss?

Using Sensodyne for the record.
>>
>>25368018
How long does a root canal procedure usually take, and is it painful? I'm just asking for worst case scenario, in case it ever comes down to that.
>>
>>25367718
Thank you for answering that. Do you have any patients using it? What are their expirences from what you can see?
>>
>>25368014

Shiiet dude. If you want to get that off legitimately buy a Columbia curette. That is what dentists will usually use. (it's very inefficient and we will use ultrasonic instruments to actually clean).
>>
>>25368018
>>25368039
Thanks, I'll try the tongue scraper and mouthwash. Also do dentists not check for tonsil stones? Last time I went they said everything was fine.
>>
>>25366097
My tongue is constantly a weird green colour. I clean and clean but it doesn't go away. How do I clean my tongue and stop it from turning green?
>>
>>25368039
This guy is telling you everything i would. (OP here)

>>25368058
An RCT can take anything from 25 minutes to 2x hour long visits, depends on the complexity! This is very hard to judge without any other information. No dental treatment should be painful. We are at the stage where local anaesthetic removes all pain.
>>
>>25367227
It's gingivitis.

Get some chlorhexidine mouthwash.
>>
File: ThankYouJackieChan.jpg (28 KB, 465x437) Image search: [Google]
ThankYouJackieChan.jpg
28 KB, 465x437
>>25367948
Thanks a lot anon, I will do it the way you said, I never flossed in my life..just mouthwash after.If you can leave me any way to contact you in the future or if you are more comfortable with me leaving a skype/email let me know please.
Guess I just need to find a part time job now, thankfully to my parents they pay for my rent for a few months so I may be able to get braces soon if I can get it through instalments.
Also how many months do you think it will take for them to get straight?
>>
>>25368102
They are supposed to but they might not due to negligence. Ask them next time you are in.

>>25368150
What are you using to clean your tongue?
>>
>>25368058
Not him, but I had two root canals on the same tooth this year. I didn't really feel any pain. The anesthesia doesn't wear off right away, so you can ask your doc to give you some more before you even feel actual pain.

The days after were fine, too. No swelling or anything.
>>
No pictures but

>Drink Pepsi every day
>Don't always brush every day
>Gumline is receding
>brown stuff on the back of front teeth
>top of teeth are starting to become see-through or something
>>
>>25368178
It will probably take around 18 months to get most orthodontic problems treated. I doubt strongly that it will take any longer than that with your case, but it depends on the clinician.
>>
How likely is it that I'll need to have my wisdom teeth removed if they've been "coming in" for like 5 fucking years now and they seem fine and I've never had any pain except maybe like a barely noticeable achy jaw once 3 years ago

If they do remove them, how badly is it going to fuck my jawline and make me look like a low test nigga

Are there cosmetic surgical fixes for that if it happens
>>
>teeth are fucked up not oh jesus bad but bad
>maybe say average crooked teeth
>but I'm 24, should I get braces

what say you anons?

Do i need them for longer than a full year or two?
>>
>>25368303
If no problems, don't get them removed until they cause problems.

Make sure your dentist gets radiographs taken of the second molars, because sometimes wisdom teeth can fuck them up.

Getting them out will not make faggot jaw worse.
>>
>>25366097

You would be wrong. I was poor as shit and didn't see a dentist for 10 years.

When I finally got coverage and went I had a single cavity just starting and they dealt with it.

Why do you assholes love poking inside people's mouths with hooks so much anyway?
>>
>>25367604
I used to have horribly crooked teeth, and had invisalign done (about 2 years). I'd say my teeth look pretty good right now, but the dental trays you get are still visible, and you have to remove them to eat so they're still noticeable. I'd recommend, a good set of teeth is worth more than even a couple thousands dollars.

And for some of the other anons here, how the fuck do you guys not brush your teeth? I can't go more than a day or two without brushing because I can feel the plaque building up on my teeth.
>>
>>25368297
Based dentist anon, hope you have a wonderful 2016, do you lurk here a lot?
>>
>>25368346
I'm sorry dude, but I don't have a clue. The information you have given me isn't nearly descriptive enough.
Mostly they wont last for longer than 18 months but it's completely case dependent.
>>
>>25368231
Some weird plastic edge. It's kinda sharp and scrapes some brownish yellow stuff off.
>>
>>25368364
I'm not, I'm just trying to help :(

>>25368384
>Based dentist anon, hope you have a wonderful 2016, do you lurk here a lot?
yes i am only a lurker but i am here every day.

This is my first post page, but will post more since this is a relatively successful thread.

Posts like yours make it all worthwhile, and i thank you for that.
>>
>>25368384
Yeah i am also gonna give a thanks to the dentist. Have a good upcoming 2016, and thanks for answering questions!
>>
I don't brush a lot of the time, maybe once a month if I actually try, mainly due to laziness but I'm going to try and break out of it.

Last time I brushed I noticed there was a rectangular hole in the second tooth from the left. It's located near the top of the gums. I feel a sharp pain when I try and pick at it with a toothbrush (which I've only done once or twice just to see if there was pain) and if I press on it with my finger outside of my mouth, there is a bit of pain.

I assume it's something fixable, and I've been meaning to go to the dentist for a while now (mostly to fix a crown they never finished) but what exactly is it?
>>
>>25366097
I don't have bad teeth, but I had to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed like a year ago because they were all impacted.
After I got them removed I had no problems but like a month or so later I noticed sometimes I would have problems opening my jaw all the way and little sharp pains on the right side of my jaw.
Lately the pain has gotten really bad on the right side and has even spread to my ear. I'm guessing they probably damaged a nerve?
>>
>>25368429
>It's kinda sharp and scrapes some brownish yellow stuff off.
Yeah that's what i'd recommend. The greenish shade of tongue is sometimes just a natural effect. What happens is the papillae in the back of your tongue are slightly longer than normal and thus pick up more staining. This is pretty hard to remove and unfortunately you're gonna have to live with it. Gladly it wont cause you any problems and isn't too big a deal.
>>
>>25368474
Fuck. Having a yellow tongue is a massive fucking turn off. Anything else I can do? Thanks dentist anon.
>>
File: fuck meupfam.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fuck meupfam.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
>tfw became a shutin
>became a depressed fucker
>stopped caring about myself
>didnt give a fuck anymore
>didnt kill self but wanted to
>teeth got fucked up

I dont see how I can fix them besides getting braces and whitened but shits bad imo.

super self conscious about it
>>
>>25368290
Brown stuff is probably just tartar that's been stained. I have tartar on the back of my bottom front teeth too, got it removed last year by my dentist. I heard it's common to get tartar there because of the salivary glands being so close so there's more calcium exposure in that area.

Doesn't hurt getting it removed (the tools they use to remove it work by vibrating at a high frequency against the tartar - enamel is much stronger than tartar so it won't break your teeth). It did bleed a bit though because it's obviously not good for the gums. Cut down on the pepsi, m8.
>>
>>25368517
Hey robot, OP here. Glad i can help.

The yellowing is mainly calculus. You should go to a hygienist. They will scrape it off with special tools that vibrate it off. It wont be sore and will make them look much better.

Please don't kill yourself. You are much better than you think you are. Your teeth tell me that. I can tell you have recently been caring for yourself and your teeth.

I promise
>>
>>25368514
Dude OP here, also have a green ass tongue at the back. Just dont stick tongue out in photos. It's one of the small things i have to change in my lifestyle to seem more attractive to the opposite sex. Unfortunate but rarely inconvenient.
>>
File: 144714544422.png (395 KB, 600x542) Image search: [Google]
144714544422.png
395 KB, 600x542
>>25368589
>mfw this sweet fucking dentist

You're a nice man OP
>>
Why are you so expensive in US.

>have not been in years because of cost
>last thing they did was trying to get me to fork out $1500 for wisdom teeth removal
>have 2 cavities in front teeth
>looked up the cost: $200 each
>exam x-rays will be another $150
>will try to push a $60 cleaning on me
>wisdom teeth removal is going to be $2000 now
>>
File: 1448595506981.gif (518 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1448595506981.gif
518 KB, 500x375
>>25368438
I thank you anon, gonna make a thread for you with the braces as soon as possible hopefully to let you know that you helped alot. Until then I'm gonna start flossing and apply for jobs.
>>
File: t2.png (115 KB, 207x215) Image search: [Google]
t2.png
115 KB, 207x215
>>25368517
part 2 fucking capcha
>>
>>25368651
I am sorry for the misfortunes you have and I can't speak about the states. I live in UK where we have cheap dental treatment covered by the NHS.

>>25368627
Thank you very much for this post. This is what i live for. Seriously. Almost welling up it means the world to me by thinking i can help people :)
>>
>>25368514
>>25368616
I soak my toothbrush in peroxide and just brush my tongue with it every few days, and my tongue is pink now. My only problem is the rotting smell coming from the ever present mass of mucus in my nasal cavity.
>>
File: t3.png (134 KB, 253x195) Image search: [Google]
t3.png
134 KB, 253x195
>>25368702
>>25368517
last pic sorry for gross shit anons
>>
>>25368377
I see. Thanks anon. I'm going to start saving up now. I feel like if my teeth were more close I'd look better. When I brush my teeth, I sometime leave the foam between my teeth and smile and l look good until I wash it out. A better smile might even make me more confident.
>>
>>25368589
thanks anon Il get them looked at just idk its self conscious woes I guess, feeling shitty and hard to explain to someone why i didnt take care of them because i just wnated to blink out of existence ya knw.

but thanks for the kind words means a lot
>>
>>25368705
PLEASE don't do this. Peroxide = Bleach. While it may make your teeth whiter it will seriously fuck up your gums and any other soft tissues. Dentists apply it in a way that ensures soft tissues are not in contact. Stop doing this. Seriously.

>>25368711
Your teeth aren't too bad, and from what i can see ( highly limited due to low quality pictures) you may only need a couple of fillings) and some OHI.
>>
>>25368753
Nah dude you don't need to explain yourself i totally get it. Shit happens sometimes and other things take priority over fucking tooth care. I get that. Im proud that you've managed to overcome that and decided that you want to turn it around though. It's a great step in the RIGHT direction.
>>
>>25368795
thanks anon, ive been flossing for the past 4 months daily, im looking into using a waterpik instead.

hopefully i dont need fillings and its just shitty pics but imma sort braces for next year and hopefully get them off the year after

>>25368833
I basically just wanted to try, it was more seeing other people feel bad that made me change.
>>
>>25368729
lol I remember doing that too. Another thing I forgot to mention, you might develop a lisp whenever you're wearing the trays. All in all, definitely worth getting invisalign or any other orthodontic
>>
Guys it's OP

I guess this thread is kinda dead now.

I'll probably make another one of these threads in a couple days if this has spiked so much interest.

I am seriously grateful that this has incited so much interest. Seriously. I have never reached out to so many people in one single medium before and this is an amazing feeling to have potentially helped so many people in one sitting.

Thanks everyone for their co-operation.
>>
>>25368795
>PLEASE don't do this. Peroxide = Bleach. While it may make your teeth whiter it will seriously fuck up your gums and any other soft tissues. Dentists apply it in a way that ensures soft tissues are not in contact. Stop doing this. Seriously.
I only put it my tongue though dentist-lad.
>>
>>25366097
I haven't gone in a while. While my teeth appear healthy, there's a considerable amount of plaque. Also, my gums are receding. I'm 28 BTW.
>>
File: 1417862686196.png (103 KB, 246x232) Image search: [Google]
1417862686196.png
103 KB, 246x232
>>25366097
i have yellow teeth. am i fucked?
>>
>>25368936
What I mean to ask is, should I be worried about my gums?
>>
>>25368933
Tongue = soft tissue. Please don't do it. It's bad for you and offers no benefit.
>>
>>25368888
I was wondering if that would happen. I'll probably take them out for class presentations and such but try to keep them in as long as possible. I hopefully get used to them soon.
>>
>>25368903
Before you live, how do I get in touch with the NHS? If my teeth aren't that bad should I get in contact with a local dentist to get my braces?
>>
>>25368963
i'm still here. Go to your nearest dentist or dental hospital. If you're in scotland they'll sort you out for free if theyre bad. If not they'll charge you and will be happy to treat you since they'll be making money from you.
>>
>>25366097
i got my braces of about 1 month ago but now i have a gum flap between 2 of my front teeth. wat do?
>>
>>25369027
I don't know what that means.
Please elaborate or see your dentist if you are concerned.
The fact that you have braces tells me that you are probably fine to see your dentist only and do not need me,
>>
>>25368451
>>25368903
Please respond before you go OP. I want your opinion on it.
>>
>>25368451
Sorry i must have missed this, i thought i got to them all.

It sounds like they MAY have damaged a nerve when taking out one of the lower wisdom teeth. This is a complication of treatment and happens semi-regularly. Please understand that this is unavoidable and is not the operators fault, and it happens due to the anatomical features of you, the patient. Apologies for late reply.
>>
Alright guys, OP here

I want to thank everyone for such a successful thread.

It will probably happen again in the coming months.

Thanks for making this possible though
>>
>>25369159
It's fine thanks for the reply.
What should I do about it though? Is there anyway for them to repair it if it is damaged? The pain is getting pretty unbearable.
>>
>>25366430
I'm not a dentist but I pay 258$ a month for my braces
>>
File: Marsfield-Dentist.jpg (19 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
Marsfield-Dentist.jpg
19 KB, 420x300
Im a dentist as well.
A lot of the stuff OP has been saying is correct except for the
>gingivitis is an infection
Its not an infection, its an inflammatory reaction due to the presence of bacteria / bacterial products within / contacting the gingival tissues.

Apart from that everything is spot on
>>
File: youdensemfer.jpg (15 KB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
youdensemfer.jpg
15 KB, 320x220
>>25370767
So its a response to bacterial /infection./
>>
>>25371728
There is a difference between inflammation and infection dumbass. Gingivitis is the swelling of the gingival tissues due to a host reaction, but not a predominantly infection.

Open a book dumbass
>>
I have some major staining on my front bottom teeth. its there any way i can fix this? i have braces currently.
i dont drink soda or smoke
>>
>>25372560
Might want to talk to your orthodontist about this, m8.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 792x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 792x436
coffee stains, tartar or decay?
I brush my teeth twice a day, floss once daily and use antiseptic mouthwash, yet it still does this. Even had a cleaning done two months ago
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 902x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 902x452
>>25372900
And brighter lighting
>>
I got braces as a kid, but brush as well as I could have so there's done calcification on certain teeth. It's not terrible, but enough to make new self conscious enough. Will using a fluoride rinse help that?
>>
I know soda is terrible for your teeth, but what about diet soda and sugarfree energy drinks?
>>
>>25373175
Just drink water dude, soda is bad for your whole body and unfulfilling, diet or not.
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.