[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which would you rather, robots? Choose one of two lives: 1:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: aaa.jpg (162 KB, 648x666) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
162 KB, 648x666
Which would you rather, robots? Choose one of two lives:

1:
> leave all of humanity behind forever, never speaking to anyone again, but travel through the universe, to distant, distance galaxies in a luxurious spaceship. You would have tens of thousands of books, every film ever made (up until the time you left Earth), video games, etc. But no one to speak to...
>except, for one super intelligent AI who looks like the girl in the pic. She would be your friend and talk to you, and help you explore the distant planets, and help maintain the ship.
>but she's not a sex robot, you pedo creeper.
>You couldn't do that stuff with her. She's just an AI friend.
>Mostly, she would read books and discuss them with you
>You would travel the universe with her, just the two of you, forever...

OR

2:
> One day you meet some rich and suave prince, a billionaire from Luxembourg who sees how awkward you are.
>He says, "I'm going to take you under my wing, and help to remake you. I'll get you in shape, with a personal trainer and private gym."
> He sets up a private social skills class just for you, where you practice talking, daily, to hot girls.
>He has a private tutor educate you, so that you're witty, charming and educated.
>At the end of 7 years, when you're a dashing, confident, intelligent, charming friend of the prince, he gives you 200 million dollars and sends you on your way.
>>
>leave all of humanity behind forever
1, didn't even finish reading either
>>
File: britney.png (290 KB, 615x461) Image search: [Google]
britney.png
290 KB, 615x461
no. 2 desu
no.1 seems meaningless and not fulfilling
>>
>>25364982
1. It has to end eventually though. The universe isn't eternal.
>>
>>25364982
about no. 1... will I get to meet extraterestrials, if there actually are some?
>>
>>25364982
>have a friend (literally more than a 10000000% increase over what I have now)
>unlimited access to anime
>dont have to buy 10'000 crusader kings 2 DLCs
>don't have to deal with other humans

>hard work
>literally pointless

easiest choice of my life
>>
File: 1450817797870.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
1450817797870.gif
646 KB, 512x481
>>25364982
one obviously

people are lame, what sense is there in wasting time impressing them
>>
>>25364982
1., but can i have john cleese on the screen instead of her?
>>
Lux has best ping
>>
>>25365157
No, there are no such things as extraterrestrials. >>25365348
No, it has to be the cute little white girl.
>>
>>25364982
Obviously 1, I just have to ask how fast would the ship travel?
>>
While I'm a loner and afraid of most people, option 1 is too much. I can already imagine the feeling of traveling through vast silent space. Too lonely. Sooner or later you would go crazy with all the movies of social interaction and absolutely no one around.
>>
>>25365460
You would have an AI robot who looked like a little girl around you dumbass
>>
Option 1 sucks. You cant interact with alien societies and you're gonna die eventually anyway. The novelty of actually knowing distant planets would wear off.
Even if you totally fail at becoming chad with option 2 you still become filthy rich.
>>
>>25365566
That's not human companionship. At the back of your head you know you're completely alone and it's just programming and wires.
>>
>>25365398
yeah but lux is like russia west
>>
I'd go with option 2.
>>
>>25365606

What if the advanced ai was based around a brain and that's how the programmers of the future solved the problem of deep learning? She had an actual brain, enhanced with computers.

A cat brain.
>>
>>25364982
> get training from billionaire
> work hard for seven years becoming a better man
> on the last day hang myself from a tree in his front yard with a sign around my neck that says "you can't fire me, I quit"
> fuck him, I hope I make him cry himself to sleep the rest of his life
>>
>>25365671
Doesn't make a difference to me. I guess I'm just not on that level yet. Even then it would make me extremely lonely and depressed.
>>
>>25365348
even if its an ai, simple logic would dictate its smart enough to offer a sympathetic choosable user interface
>>
>>25365606
you're basically alone in your head with a bunch of shit, legacy neurochemical wiring that doesn't even have the benefit of being designed by someone(s) familar with its problem area -- its just shit spaghetti code for all we know.
>>
The rich saudi prince one
>>
#1 obviously.

I don't want the pity of a rich man when I could have my own spaceship, AI companion and all the books and vydia I want. That's comfy as hell. And since I'm a 25 years old virgin, I could keep my wizard level for the rest of my life. It's not like I'll miss anything.
>>
>>25364982
Who the fuck would pick 2?
>>
>>25364982

!!!!111111oneoneeleven
>>
File: caffeinated_skellington.jpg (56 KB, 560x621) Image search: [Google]
caffeinated_skellington.jpg
56 KB, 560x621
>>25367552
I would because without human companionship I'd go completely insane long before I could start to truly enjoy option 1.
I envy anyone who could live and be content without other humans, if I could, I'd already be living alone in the woods.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.