[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I find a job, robots? I have a History degree from UCLA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1451506593613.jpg (232 KB, 1327x1900) Image search: [Google]
1451506593613.jpg
232 KB, 1327x1900
How do I find a job, robots?

I have a History degree from UCLA with a minor in Digital Humanities and I honest to god don't even know where or how to start looking
>>
well considering you're first point of call for employment advice was /r9k/ I'm sure you'll do fine :^)
>>
>>25364894
Well you guys are as big as losers as me but somehow haven't starved to death so I assume y'all are doing all right
>>
bump i wanna know too
>>
>>25364867
Do you have any connections? It's by far the best way to get a job these days.
Like family, friends, professors, former employers etc
>>
m8 you just cucked yourself into a pyramid scheme I'm so sorry.
>>
>>25365095
I'm a mentally ill NEET living off NEETbux in a country where it doesn't mean suicide.

From what I've heard though, you should've, like, gotten an internship whilst still at university. Otherwise your education just becomes a meme.
>>
How do people even get degrees without any kind of an idea of something they could do with it? Like, not even a little clue what to aim for if you want to do X? I find it baffling.
>>
Museum
Historical institute
Research Center
>>
>>25366554
>how can people not have any idea what to do with their life
fuck off normalshit
>>
>>25364867
Do you not know what job you want to have?
>>
>>25364867
>Digital Humanities
Is this a new meme? What the fuck does it even mean?
How to write a poem on Word? HOLY KEK
No wonder you don't know what you wanna do
>>
Just the fact that you went to a school as well-known and large as UCLA means if you reach out you could find some alumni from your department that would probably love to help get a graduate their start.
>>
File: 1449463059543s.jpg (5 KB, 112x125) Image search: [Google]
1449463059543s.jpg
5 KB, 112x125
>>25364867
>Digital humanities
You're fucked
>>
>>25364867
You should probably go to college to get a degree in something that has employment prospects. Did you really never once consider this fact while studying? What a waste of time anon.
>>
File: 1347296079098.gif (1 MB, 311x240) Image search: [Google]
1347296079098.gif
1 MB, 311x240
>>25364867
>I have a History degree from UCLA with a minor in Digital Humanities
>>
>>25364867
>UCLA
Californiafag, eh? I grew up in that unfortunately-beautiful shithole. That sucks.

Lots of construction jobs open in and around the Bay Area, they often pay very well if you've got a few months' experience but of course living in the Bay Area is ridiculous expensive. 2k/mo might get you a one-bedroom apartment, if you really look around.

Everyone saying "muh connections" is right. You'll get a way easier job with probably half again the wages/salary if you know a guy.
>>
>>25367505
>>25368522
>>25368704
Don't you know? Digital Humanities is the new frontier of the Humanities, where those fucking shit loser professors try to find relevance and meaning in the 21st century. They justify the taxpayers money spent on them by DIGITALIZING the HUMANITIES on their COMPUTERS of the NEW MILLENNIUM
You see this irrelevant map drawn by a mongoloid 300 years ago? now its digitalized on the computer
gibs me monies
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.