[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is working at McDonald's? I got an interview there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: no additional charge.jpg (50 KB, 1097x226) Image search: [Google]
no additional charge.jpg
50 KB, 1097x226
How is working at McDonald's?

I got an interview there tomorrow but I already have a wage slave job at a retail store. I don't like the retail grind that much but the coworkers are sometimes fun. The main reason for switching is because of pay. I get paid min wage currently but the McDonald's I'm interviewing at tomorrow starts off at $8.00. So it's only a 0.25c difference but that's still 25 cents on every hour I don't make. I have worked 46.5 hours (6.5 hours overtime) at my retail job and didn't even make over $300 after taxes which kills me.

I also don't want to quit my job but I don't know how to balance them out because I'm still in school too.
>>
Look up your city's demographics. DO NOT work in fast food if your city is over 25% black.
>>
Are you in the US? Apparently they are going to be making 15 an hour pretty soon but coming from someone that used to work there, I think the experience depends on who you work with
>>
>>25362763
It's somewhere from 17-22% I think. I can't be asked to look it up.
>>
Retail > fast food

Sure it's boring but at least you don't come home smelling like shit and covered in grease and rancid food

I've worked both and I'd take retail any day, family
>>
Retail is better than fast food. Don't do the switch.
>>
>>25363229
they will all be black and be rascist towards you. seriously, black people nowadays, along with asians are some of the most rascist mother fuckers out there.
>>
>>25362694
I make over 30$ an hour doing almost nothing
u mad minwageslave????
>>
retail over fast food any day. I've done both and retail is so much better and less stressful. That said stocking shelves 6 days a week sucks. But after 8 months they promoted me to lead stocker. i got a key to the store and had to come in at 5 AM but delegated who'd be in what area that day. I rotated everyone in circles thinking that'd be fair but the females complained about doing chemicals and food so they stopped that and put all the males on it instead because it's the heaviest items. I quit shortly after that. neet 4 lyfe
>>
>>25363824
why are bitches so useless
>>
>>25363708
I notice fast food workers tend to have more acne too.
>>
>>25363982
the worst part about the job was having to train a girl who was making a dollar more than me. And I was her manager. She was fresh out of high school, cute, bubbly, and had nice tits. She worked register every day. Apparently it's common to put cute young girls up front because it gives the store a more "friendly and welcoming" feeling and she was getting paid more to keep her there.

Meanwhile all the males were in the back stacking shelves.

I was getting paid more than the nigh shift girl who had been there for 3 years. She was over weight with frizzy uncombed hair and had a mustache and sideburns. We were doing the same job deciding who stocked what, she just had night

Appearances and physical looks matter.
>>
>>25364137
For the record I was making 9.50 an hour managing morning stocker. She was making 8.50 managing night stockers, and the cute young register girls were making 10.50.

On her off days and I was up front doing the register I easily out performed her. I was triple her speed and never over/short more than a few cents. The reason she was slower is male customers taking their time chatting her up while she checked their items out. I was a typical robot just doing it as fast as I could talking when spoken to, which was always job related, like total and change announcements.

Register is by far the easiest job I've ever worked. but because I was male and unnatractive they kept me in the isles unseen stocking chemicals like bleach laundry detergent and so on. In the mornings when there were no customers before opening I was stocking large pallets of food. Canned food and liquid chemicals are heavy as shit and that's what made the female stockers complain, so corporate moved them over to clothing and paper goods and had males purely on the heavy stuff. I was the only male allowed to touch the register when one of the girls was off up front. That's just because being a manager I had access to the safe and petty cash and could authorize cash returns. They couldn't. Other wise they'd pull one of the other females over.
>>
I worked at one run by mexicans who were racist towards the only white manager there, me. I stole a Fuck ton of money though so I guess we cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 245x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 245x318
>20 more bucks every week at mcfuckingdonalds
Wew OP you sure know an opportunity when you see one
>>
>>25364270
>bitching because the store knows nobody likes men
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-30-22-57-10.png (297 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-30-22-57-10.png
297 KB, 720x1280
What do you hate most about reddit?
>>
>>25363783
>>25364332
just for the experience bros

ill be on the hunt for another job the same day that i start working at mcd's probably.
>>
>>25362763
Why not?

Bl0x
>>
File: e_e.png (254 KB, 301x443) Image search: [Google]
e_e.png
254 KB, 301x443
>>25365900
OP here

niggers are incredibly fucking rude. that's what will make the job horrible. when i go in there tomorrow and if the setting and atmosphere irritates me ill just walk out. i work too hard and do my job good enough to not work with rude ass ignorant niggers.
>>
work at chickfila instead. no nig bullshit going to happen there.
>>
>>25366075
>tfw starting job at Sam's club monday as a white boy in baltimore county
>tfw you make friends with the only other non-black guy out of the 20 niggers at orientation
>>
>>25367749
That reminds me of my first job. There was only one other white boy at my group's new hire orientation. For some reason we sat next to each other before even speaking and became friends. It was also amusing how him and me were the ones who lasted longest. All the women and niggers quit before even 3 months.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.