[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there some secret to life that guarantees (huge) success in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: fuck life.jpg (30 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
fuck life.jpg
30 KB, 728x409
Is there some secret to life that guarantees (huge) success in the area of my choosing? I would literally torture myself for 8 hours a day if there was a guarantee, but the fact that a lot of luck is involved is killing me.
>>
Do your research, break down the odds, see if something is worth it for yourself. There's no secret to success, it's literally just having the right idea and following it at the right time.
>>
>>25354044
Huge success? No.

A comfortable middle class life? Sure. Go into engineering, preferably one of the harder subfields, then study like some demented Korean for 4-6 years.

There's a very good chance you won't make huge money, but at the very least you'll have more money than like 99% of humans (provided you live in America), and its unlikely automation will leave you in the dust as that time approaches.
>>
>>25354078
That's literally the luck aspect. You don't even need a lot of skill for that kind of luck (see: Facebook, Flappy Bird, etc).

>>25354143
I don't want to bust my ass to make a measly 100 - 200k a year, what's the fucking point?
>>
File: smug_anime_girl.png (303 KB, 588x720) Image search: [Google]
smug_anime_girl.png
303 KB, 588x720
>>25354248
>I don't want to bust my ass to make a measly 100 - 200k a year, what's the fucking point?
Hahahaha enjoy being a useless NEET, you have no grasp of reality. I didn't really think even internet trolls could be this entitled.
>>
>>25354274
>wanting a shitload of money = entitled
>not wanting to work for scraps = entitled
Yeah just leave.
>>
>>25354325
Dude median us HOUSEHOLD income is 50k. Stop being an entitled piece of shit
>>
>>25354325
Saying that busting your ass in a few years of hard work for more money than 99.9% of humans have ever laid their hands on is absurdly entitled. If you want more, become a part of the bourgeoise and start a business, but your odds of failing are astronomical.
>>
Starting your own business or doing anything creative is a combination of luck and connections - which are also a result of luck.

Literally anything else is just hard work and talent.
>>
>>25354350
>>25354387
There are millions of millionaires in the US, and many of them actually have a multi-million dollar income per year. What's entitled about wanting something that exists, and is a reality for many (not just a handful either) people? If I said I wanted to have 10billion+, that would be entitled. A couple of million is not unusual.
>>
It's all just luck. Whenever determinism is brought up normies lose their shit without really addresing any points. Be prepared for that. They will just call you entitled and use peer pressure until this thread dies.
>>
>>25354482
That's unfortunate. Everyone should have a guaranteed way of becoming rich, even if it means not sleeping for 5 years.
>>
>>25354044
The harder you work the luckier you get anon.
>>
>>25355174
Yea tell that to the asians working 16 hours a day in the sweatshops to make your iphones for 2$ an hour.
>>
>>25355174
Even if you're the most hard-working son of a bitch in the world, that still only makes like 20% of the whole deal. The rest of it all is having the right connections (being lucky with who you meet), being in the right place (being lucky where you live), and having the right idea at the right time (do I even need to explain).
>>
an all around general good rule is to know yourself, most people continue doing stupid habits and don't really know why, but if you can have insight into your own behavior you'll be able to decern why you're really doing things holding you back and be able to change them, a good way to do this is to see a therapist who can point out things you might not be able to see about yourself
>>
>>25355292

this isn't for those people, this is for someone who posts this kinda shit on /r9k/

we can assume op is
>late teen or early to mid 20s
>living in america
>has solid english literacy
>probably a white male

just because they are posting here.

>>25355336

if they go off and start working hard towards an end goal they will achieve something substantial. probably not huge success (for the reasons you stated) but significantly better than probably 95% of Americans (actually, an income of $90k would do that)

and i sure as shit don't mean working hard at some bullshit job for some other fucker.
>>
>>25354248
>a measly 100 - 200k
You're fuckin pathetic
>>
Any robots ever played poker?
I heard in worst case you will be making an average pay and if youre good you can get rich
>>
>>25355475
>late teen or early to mid 20s
Yip.
>living in america
Nope.
>has solid english literacy
Eh, I can communicate.
>probably a white male
Nope.

>(actually, an income of $90k would do that)
Like I said before, that's a pathetic income. Even here, where we use euros, 100k euros a year just seems like a fucking joke. It doesn't change much from the average, other than having slightly more luxury.
>>
>>25355574
>Even here, where we use euros
Oh fuck anon, you're even more cucked by class than if you were American.

Just give up now. Even if you did what I said you'd still amount to nothing.
>>
>>25355606
>Oh fuck anon, you're even more cucked by class than if you were American.
What do you mean with this?
>>
>>25354406
(even though I have no experience with business stuff)
marketing seems like one of biggest parts in how succesful stuff is and how a product goes...

like a macbook is just an overpriced laptop, except it has a white apple on the front (or the 'white' design of them) of it that people can see. they probably pay celebritys/tv shows to use/show off macbooks so that other people want them, and that 'apple' is seen as a symbol.. and because they market it by having trendy people show it off, macbooks are seen as trendy and what you need, rather than a usual laptop which does the same thing (but is cheaper).

or with youtube/twitch channels. you could shill your stuff on 4chan, subtly posting videos as threads and then samefagging in them to get people to watch them (people see more comments in the threads, so they see other people watching that video and think that it's worth watching because of others doing the same, like hive mentality).
though they'd still have to 'like it' and want to watch more, even then you can just keep spamming it if you were desperate...
twitch would be similar, but viewbotting or paying some other popular channel to show your channel off. when twitch/justintv was newer, viewbotting wasn't really known and it was easier to do without being found out. and more channel views meant that more people would also see your channel in the website, so people would just buy a viewbot to 'advertise' the channel.

though you still have to make something that stands out from the rest, so make it 'trendy', evne if theres 100 different products/businesses that do the same thing... if it looks 'new' and appealing, plus shill it enough, then people will probably like it and buy it. once enough people buy it like that and other see after and others like it more
it seems theres a peroid where someones done the same thing in that area, it won't work as good until after (where its then seen as new). like with myspace vs bebo, then comes facebook)
>>
here's how to get free money

step 1: hire financial manager, you pay him more for more money he handles so to start off it will be low

step 2: give him however much spare money you want for him to invest for you

step 3: sit back and watch as a guy whos job it is to play the stock market makes free money for you with zero effort on your part
>>
>>25355574
>100k euros a year just seems like a fucking joke
every fucking time.
average income in germany is 2k. you can literally save 6k euro a month, you could buy a small house every 2 years with the leftover money that "doesnt really change much".

Its always kids who dont actually live alone yet who say this shit. life is incredibly cheap.
>>
>>25356072
People want different things you fucking douche. Obviously 100k per year is a lot better than 30k or however much the kraut make. However, 200k per year is even better. and 1 million a year? OBVIOUSLY FUCKING BETTER.

How difficult is it to understand that some people don't really find the 100k life all that exciting? I've lived it for half a year when I was with my engineer aunt and her pilot husband. It's comfortable but I barely felt the difference when I came back to my parents' shitty lower-middle class life.

Yeah I don't live alone, but even if I did, I just wouldn't be satisfied with that amount of money.
>>
>>25356241
>I've lived it for half a year when I was with my engineer aunt and her pilot husband. It's comfortable but I barely felt the difference when I came back to my parents' shitty lower-middle class life.

you'll fucking notice it when you're no longer a deluded child tho.
>>
>>25356241
>Obviously 100k per year is a lot better than 30k
>but I barely felt the difference when I came back to my parents' shitty lower-middle class life.
hmm..
>>
>>25356298
>someone wants something different
>they're automatically a deluded child

>>25356394
Living-wise, the only difference is the bigger house and some noticeably more expensive stuff (chairs, tables, kitchen utensils, multiple pianos and guitars, etc). Aside from that, not much.

I do recognize however, that they can save a shitload more money than a 30k family can, i.e. the 30k family has to use all 30k to survive while the 100k family uses 70k and saves 30k. That's probably where the main (but not-noticeable) difference was. They still had to work every day and do a job that was often tedious, for some other guy who basically dictated the rules of the job. Sometimes they had to show up on Saturdays out of the blue because of some work-related shit.

100k doesn't really change much lifestyle-wise.
>>
>>25356514
OP; how old are you?
>>
>>25356542
three-and-twenty

>inb4 manchild who will never be happy with his ridiculous standards
>>
>>25356910
well you probably will be happy once you realize that you dont need to be movie star filthy rich to live a gud life.
>>
>>25357190
You got that from the holy bible?
>>
>>25355503
No. You are the pathetic one. Do you actually think 100-200k is some huge amount? There is no point busting your ass for years for that pittance.
>>
I get what OP is saying. yes, most people are slaves, some are slaves with better benefits. as always only a very small group of people are living like aristocrats. the reason for that is that the price of human resources is rising along with the rise of the standard of living
>>
>>25357769
sigh

delusional manchild
>>
>>25357884
Basically yeah. You remain stuck to bosses and financial restrictions until you make ridiculous amounts of money. Then you never have to fear anything aside from a car hitting you.
>>
>>25357908
100k is not that much. Its good money, but many people dont think its worth slaving your life away for it
>>
>>25358519
At least someone semi-understands these feels.
>>
>>25357908
>someone disagrees with opinion
>is a manchild
>mnefw
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.