[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Third Eye
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38 KB, 480x360
I'm looking for realistic insight into the concept of a "third eye".

My interest in this comes from discovering ASMR a few years ago, and then more recently, discovering isochronic tones. Just as I feel tingles in my head and body from the ASMR, I feel a very focused tingling and pressure on the middle of my forehead with certain isochronic tones, particularly something like 1.05hz. It's very specific things which trigger it; most of the isochronic tone videos, and most of the "third eye" videos, do nothing.

I'm going to assume that these things are potentially linked somehow, because I'm very skeptical of the mysticism aspect. When you search for videos about it, you usually find nothing but a bunch of wackjob tree huggers who say you need to stop drinking fluoride and try to convince you that opening your third eye basically makes you into god (and yet none of these people who supposedly opened their eye have ever accomplished anything with this supposed power).

Anyone else experienced this sensation on their forehead? Are there any other types of sounds that can produce similar reactions in other areas?
>>
>>25347131
I had a really bad headache once. Could of been my third eye trying to kill itself, maybe.
>>
it called an imagination
>>
>>25347131
you're just autistic

or you have a brain tumor

take your pick
>>
>>25347276
If you can't experience ASMR, I feel bad for you.

If you can, why would you assume there aren't other things that can provoke strange reactions in your body?
>>
For all things dealing with subject of shit that isn't real, consult >>/x/
>>
>>25347131
wtf is third eye supposed to mean. explain in laymans terms
>>
>>25347348
I didn't go there specifically because I don't buy into the bullshit fantasy part.

There's a legitimate physical sensation, and I'm sure other people here have had it.
>>
I get forehead tingles from meditation, and can feel them when I'm calm/neutral.

I've heard a lot of stuff about "the seat of wisdom" etc, which I'm not sure I buy. But I think it makes sense that the less concerned you are about this or that, the more you're agreeing with the universe as a whole, and the more rational decisions you make.
>>
You can open your n third eye pretty easily. One of the easiest methods is to vibrate "Thaum" into it.

When you start seeing shit, which might happen immediately or might take days of practice, you'll know it's open.
>>
>>25348838
>nonspecific amount of time before it can happen
>always a chance that you might not do it right

Sounds like basically every mystical mumbo jumbo thing out there to explain why it'll never actually work.
>>
bruh i love the buzzing in my brain
wish it happened as much as it used to
>>
Epsilon waves can give you a weird feeling in your head too
>>
Go to X please, righteous delusions of supernatural possibilities make me feel uncomfortable
>>
>>25350640
>ASMR
>righteous

Isn't it past your bedtime?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.