[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies care about an arbitary number changing like it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: fireworks.jpg (147 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
fireworks.jpg
147 KB, 858x536
Why do normies care about an arbitary number changing like it's some big paradigm shifting event?

I never understood New Years.
>>
>>25346768
Fuck off assburger
>>
>>25346787
before you start doing that I'm a relatively well socially adjusted person and have spent most new years at parties. I just never got the big appeal
>>
>>25346814
I'm sure you are :^).

Keep postin'.
>>
>>25346832
as opposed to your quality posting

did you get offended at "normie"?
>>
It's an excuse to get drunk. When you're a robot, every day is an excuse to get drunk.
>>
>>25346768
Has to do with pagans. Probably. It's always pagans.
>>
>>25346768
Have to update their meme clocks, can't go around sayings its 2015 anymore ;<)
>>
>>25346768
especially when dates and years are a human construct, its nothing special.
>>
years aren't arbitrary in length
>>
>>25346768
The only reason I look forward to the year changing is so that when I look at game release dates for 2016, it feels a little closer.
>>
it;s not the number its what it represents idiot
>>
This is not meant as an insult. Are you genuinely autistic?
It's not about the number. It's about what it represents.
To think about what you've done this year, what you've gained, what you've lost. How you've grown. It's a good reason to celebrate.
>>
jesus christ it's just a tradition you twat. People get together, use it as an excuse to get way too drunk and just have a good time while they reminisce about the year and talk about the future. It's a nice little thing to set the final dot on the year.

Fuck autists like you annoy me so much "hurdur numbers don't mean nutin, time is meaningless"

"why do people get together to celebrate some dead guy that didn't even die that day and then give each other presents?"

man you're such a retard and probably won't release it until you're like 40 when you're looking at old pics of yourself and you tell your family how much of a know it all edgelord you were back then while you laugh about how you were just a stupid kid
>>
>>25346768
because they wanna fill the void in their lives with shit like that. I don't care about it either but I understand that life has moments to be celebrated and certain traditions help that notion. is it forced? yes, but life is still too short to think about that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.