[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Americans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10
File: Sad Pepe.png (139 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
Sad Pepe.png
139 KB, 917x871
>tfw you weren't born in the United States and were instead born in Ireland.

This feel hurts, Americans. Even though we have a drinking age 21 (18 here), you have much better women and better accents in general. I'd like to move to the U.S. in the future. How does one deal with this feel?

If any Americans (male or female) give me some comfy Vocaroos I'd be very appreciative to lift this pain.
>>
Bump. This is honestly original desu senpai.
>>
Americans enjoy (and adore) Irish accents, you'll do wonderfully here. Feel free to move in, my friend.
>>
>>25345307
Doesn't it take ages to move there legally though, anon? I'm sure Americans will love my thick Irish accent, but I don't want to be some filthy illegal. I want to enter legally.
>>
You live in a country that a third of Americans are obsessed with. I'm sure you could just hang out with vacationing muh heritagefags.
>>
>>25345335
Student visas are less complicated, I would go for that. Attempt to find a job while here on a student visa.

>rent place
>get address
>get ID
>wait 10 years or wahtever, while maintaining job or school
OR
>make girl's pantsus wet with your thick irish accent and marry one
>become citizen
>>
As an American, I love the British Isles and all its accents.
>>
>>25345422
This
Believe it or not, quite a few Americans feel how you do.
And believe it or not, quite a few see you're isle and its siblings as fantasy lands that they want to live on.
Its all hype imo, they both have pretty similar problems, albeit in different shades.
>>
>>25345411
I suppose. Is there a way to become a citizen of the United States faster? Being on /r9k/, you and I both know the second option isn't going to happen. I love the accent so much, though.
>>
>>25345335
I'll temporary marry you for $20,000 usd
>>
What's so good about the US?
>>
>>25345483
My father had to work in a town full of Irish expats, and stopped being fond of his heritage. They're disgusting people, but Americans want to have some sort of Quiet Man adventure on that wretched island.
>>
>>25345546
money......................................
original comment
>>
>>25345546
The accents in the North, especially on females. I can't pinpoint the accent I'm thinking of particularly, but it's awesome. It also, to my knowledge, has less economic problems than Ireland does.
>>
This pepe is higher resolution. How was it upscaled?
>>
Quiet, Ireland is GOAT. Only thing interesting left about the British Isles. Don't let the nigels get you down.
>>
>>25344530
>he loves our shitty accent
That's first. Personally I'd love an Irish gf
>>
>>25345697
*a first
>>
>>25345697
I don't think Irish GFs are as cool. Not to be mistaken, I do think Irish girls have more of a sense of humour than American girls do, but I still love the Northern American accent (the one I'm thinking of anyway).

Will an American please cheer me up with a vocaroo, no matter if male or female.
>>
>>25345633
probably vector traced considering the definition of the lines
>>
>>25345904
I like the Irish accent myself. I'd record you a vocaroo if I had my headset with me, but I don't. Sorry m8
>>
Ireland is overrated. Some people won't shut the fuck up about how this or that is Irish, annoying af senpai.
>>
here is my low quality vocaroo brother

god bless
http://vocaroo.com/i/s04JpklyXxNF
>>
>>25345962
Ah, that sucks senpai.

I'd really love to hear a soothing American accent right now.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0tIIbpWAWjt

>>25345979
How is that Ireland's fault? Just because we have stuff associated with our culture doesn't make the country overrated.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0vTFiphVH7H
enjoy my deep sultry voice
>>
>>25346137
I'm talking about Irish youtubers that give you 20% gameplay and the rest is him talking about Ireland and how obnoxiously proud some people are to be from Ireland in the comment section.
>>
File: used.jpg (801 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
used.jpg
801 KB, 1440x2560
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0278vpMrhOE
rob a pussy boi for his stax, i used 2
>>
>>25346082
Thank you so much, dude. This was awesome to listen to.

Also, no one says 'top of the mornin'' here. If they did, they would instantly be identified as an American. The capital, Dublin, likes to fuck with Irish-Americans, though. They charge 7 euros for a pint in the bar the Irish-Americans visit the most here because they can. A pint above 5 euros is a total rip-off, like.
>>
>move to america
>niggers everywhere
>jews control everything
>rednecks
>obesity everywhere
>bitchy women
>get shot everywhere

no thanks
>>
>>25346317
>go to Ireland
>niggers everywhere
>>
>>25346369
>go to ireland
>gingers everywhere
>>
>>25346369
>>25346416
>go to Ireland
>culture and high quality craft beers everywhere

>go to the U.S.
>shootings and SJWs everywhere.
>>
File: 1426032308510.jpg (39 KB, 528x492) Image search: [Google]
1426032308510.jpg
39 KB, 528x492
>>25344530
come to boston, faggot
>>
>>25346483
Too bad Ireland is full of white niggers.
>>
>>25346483
this

fucking bloxx
>>
>>25346137
What do y'all think of my accent?
>>
File: 1448208592773.png (295 KB, 1880x908) Image search: [Google]
1448208592773.png
295 KB, 1880x908
>>25346499
Yeah true Irish pride anon!
>>
>>25346650
>Irish people are less Irish than third generation American immigrants with Irish great-great-grandparents.

Okay.
>>
I have met 3 robots from ireland, what gives.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1lFAYN0HyNr
>>
>>25344530
Are the protestants and catholics getting along now or are they still blowing each other up?
>>
>>25344530
Hey anon are you still in this thread?
>>
>>25346777
The Troubles have been over since 1998. Discrimination against Nationalists still exists, but not to nearly the same extent as the Northern peoples' ancestors lived through.
>>
>>25346839
Yeah, I'm replying to some things here, anon.
>>
>>25346871
I live up north over in the US and I'm thinking about posting a vocaroo for you if your feeling down. I'm from northern Ohio and I've lived in state my whole life so I can't tell if I have an accent desu.
>>
>>25346911
Go ahead, man. I could do with more accent Vocaroos. One guy posted a nice one that I liked.
>>
>>25346961
Oh man I've never recorded a vocaroo before so I'm sort of nervous. Do you have anything you want me to say or talk about?
>>
File: devilish.jpg (66 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
devilish.jpg
66 KB, 470x595
>>25346991
Talk about how nervous you are and stutter your way through it
>>
>>25345335
know a lot of irishmen who came here illegally and haven't been deported in 5+ years. so long as you stay in a sanctuary city like New York you should be fine. just get a job as a bartender and watch your confidence boost and your odds with the ladies.

I knew a guy who came here in 2011, I think it was. brought with him a bag of clothes and his PS3. dude was a socially anxious music nerd, the kind you expect from /mu/. anyway, he shacked up with a mate he met who had been studying abroad in ireland. got a job as a bartender. 4 years later and he has a sweet bachelor pad in Brooklyn, bangs chicks left and right, made lots of friends, and makes good money.

worth trying. what have you got to lose?
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
Derry reporting in

I know how you feel OP, it's miserable as fuck
>>
>>25346991
Ignore this guy>>25347022
Just try to cheer me up a bit. I'm not feeling totally awful tonight because I'm drunk, but a nice American accent would be nice right now, dude. I could do one for you then if you wanted.
>>
>>25345904
what do you want to hear m8
>>
>>25347042
I'm worried that Americans girls, if I do end up moving there in the future, will not be able to understand my accent much and I'll have to repeat myself a lot.
>>
>>25347102
go to a city, they'll understand it better. plus they really don't care, hearing the words and slang will make them laugh and get their gashes wet.
>>
>>25347070
Ok I'll try my best but when I'm nervous my voice gets really high pitched. I'll post it soon!
>>
>>25347146
No problem, anon.If you stutter or whatever, it's no big deal :)
>>
>>25347096
Nice words of encouragement and a general greetings would be cool.
>>
>>25347230
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0rNP0Okj0dC
Oh man I'm probably going to regret posting this so I hope at the very least I could cheer you up.
Also, my voice gets really high pitched when I'm nervous so sorry if my voice sounds weird.
>>
>>25347361
That!
That's it, dude! That's the exact accent I'm talking about. What accent is that, man? I have to know.

Also, you were fine dude. That cheered me up.
>>
>>25344530
This is how people sound here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7yI4tIUh0I
Guess the region.
>>
>>25347453
Good!
I'm not sure if there is a word for it.
Everyone where I'm from sort of talks like that (but less awkward)
I'll try to look it up
>>
>>25347551
What state are you in, then? I'm sure that'll help.
>>
>>25347607
I'm from Ohio. Some people in my area tend to have country accents so I guess it depends. Also, I've been told that where I'm from people roll their Rs a lot.
>>
>>25347686
>roll their Rs a lot
woops I meant emphasize
>>
ITT: idiots fall for an American pretending to be from somewhere else bait thread
>>
>>25346483
>Irish culture
You mean a few Anglo writers from the turn of the last century and a bunch of shitty folk songs. I guess they have James Joyce, but they're lacking in everything else.

Now let's look at what Ireland actually is:
>people can't hold their liquor even though they have a renowned drinking culture
>people outside of the cities still live in medieval style shacks
>people can't use toilets in a way that would put Indians to shame
>>
sorry if it sounds shitty OP, had to record it on my phone and then upload to vocaroo

http://vocaroo.com/i/s03v3LW1YB75
>>
>>25347733
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1lHFPpLsHJd
>>
>>25347812
Poo in loo anon?
>>
>>25347686
You guys do emphasise your Rs, but that ain't a bad thing, mate. We Irish do alot of things with our slang and accents that would leave an American scratching his/her head.
>>
>>25345422
as an irish person who isnt op i highly advise you to never classify ireland as anything near british youd get a fuckin dropkick out a window if you said that in a bar here
>>
>>25347911
What are some examples?

>>25347993
Why is that? Do people just find it annoying?
>>
>>25348043
Examples of you pronouncing your Rs too much or Irish accents? I'll assume the latter. Down in the south of the Republic we tend to use the word "ye" to describe two or more people, whereas in north Dublin they say "yous" instead of "you guys". We also tend to leave the T if it's at the end of a word. For example, the word "What" sounds like "waw" or "wha'."
>>
>>25348043
Not OP but another Irish Anon here.

Just general pronunciation and also some colloquisms and swearwords. Eg.
>"Feck"= Fuck
>"Gowl"= asshole

We also tend to talk REALLY fucking fast, at least that's what everyone told me when I was an exchange student
>>
When you are both Irish and Italian do they cancel each other out and make you a nigger?
>>
>>25348135
I'm from New York and have been told I talk very fast compared to my relatives in Texas and Wisconsin.
>>
>>25348135
OP here. Yeah, I've heard that too. I never noticed it myself desu senpai.
>>
File: 1434119549995.jpg (10 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1434119549995.jpg
10 KB, 300x250
ill marry u anon living in va right now whats up senpai
>>
>>25348128
Really? that sounds funny when I try to talk like that. Some people say y'all (you all) over here but rarely.
>>25348135
Gowl doesn't even sound like a swear word lol
>>
I used to think living in the USA was shitty because of liberal propaganda. Then I lived overseas for two years and it totally changed my worldview. You come to realize that America truly is the greatest nation on the planet and it's nothing to be ashamed of. You also come to realize that most people who criticize America come from small weak nations with little international influence.
>>
>>25348360
>most people who criticize America come from small weak nations with little international influence.

One thing you really come to realise as a non-American is that they sre completely obsessed with things like relevance and international influence and have absolutely zero capacity to understand that nobody else cares.
>>
>>25347865
I'm not Indian, but at least they have a culture. I'm an "Irish" American. Ireland's only cultural achievement is a second rate Proust or Faulkner.

And they so somehow managed to treat bathrooms worse than any Indian I've met here on the states.
>>
ITT: grass is greener syndrome
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0sC2uUx3989
I was whispering because I felt like it. I did 10 takes I think. I can also do a southern accent if you're into that. I am from Texas.
>>
File: usa pepe.jpg (77 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
usa pepe.jpg
77 KB, 500x501
>>25348391
>nobody else cares

oh but they do

All around the world people worship our culture. They listen to our music, watch our movies, buy our clothes, eat our hamburgers and drink our Coca Cola. They know all our celebrities and pop culture icons. On the Facebooks pages of non-Americans all around the world you will find posts about political candidates that they don't even have the privilege of voting for.

American culture = world culture
And there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>25344530
>tfw you weren't born in the United States
Why the fuck would you want to live there?

>Ireland instead
Aaahahaha, now I get it.
>>
>>25348563
not OP but I'd like to hear your southern accent
>>
>>25347812
>medieval style shacks
that sounds nice
>>
>>25348391
>>25348576
BTFO by a true american
>>
>>25348677
My grandmother has a picture of her grandfather sitting outside his shack, and I've asked her to take it down. It's fucking despicable.
>>
Dude, speaking as an American, America sucks.
>>
>>25345627
not op but likely edinbough.english here, i love their womens accent.
>>
File: 'Murrican-Applause.jpg (124 KB, 960x796) Image search: [Google]
'Murrican-Applause.jpg
124 KB, 960x796
>>25348576
An excellent post anon
>>
File: americans abroad.png (367 KB, 518x396) Image search: [Google]
americans abroad.png
367 KB, 518x396
>>25348576
original content needed but this is america fuck your rules
>>
>>25348576
GOD BLESS AMERICA

MY HOME SWEET HOME
>>
>>25348645
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0B01pwWmMIt
Here you go. It's not very good since it's not my normal accent, and it only comes naturally when I get fired up or say dumb shit which really gets me into the southern redneck mindset.
>>
>>25348576
As an American o find it disgusting. So many great cultures have fallen to our soulless capitalist machine.

It's also hard to not be impressed by it. Even those that have violently fought against it have succumbed. There's even a McDonald's in Ho Chi Minh City.
>>
OP,most american accent are shite and boring. you will sound like 15 year old boy who vapes
>>
>>25349031
Yeah you're right if you didn't say so I probably wouldn't have noticed right away
>>
Here you go OP, hope you like it!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1P4II53HJfh
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.