[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get smart friends? I'm stupid so I usually become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 436jks46ku346g.jpg (284 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
436jks46ku346g.jpg
284 KB, 900x1200
How do you get smart friends? I'm stupid so I usually become extremely nervous about approaching smarter people.
>>
>>25343834
Be rich and buy them stuff or focus all of your energy into one niche interest that you think smart people might like then go to a club for it
>>
>>25343834
Im pretty smart OP. As long as you are willing to learn and aren't willfully ignorant, I'll probably respect you
>>
No one cares if you are smart or not, just don't say bullshit and if you actually don't know something, tell them that you don't know instead oft embarassing yourself. Fit in
>>
>>25343834
smart people have no friends
smart people have rivals
geniuses, when you are so smart than competing with others literally become a joke, do have friends but they are extremely rare and they usually befriend other geniuses
smart people are lonely and they usually hate everyone else for all the different reasons
jealous of geniuses
competing with smarts
annoyed by average
pity the stupid
>>
that is a pretty butt and u should post more of it
>>
>>25344427
Incidentally that becomes increasingly false the closer you get to adulthood. After college, intelligence is prolly the main thing other than wealth that people separate themselves by.
>>
>>25343834
If you are a man and smart enough to have found the chans, chances are very few women are actually more intelligent than you due to the female distribution in IQ being tighter than the males'.

If you want to get smart friends, a good bet is either sharing interests, or listening to them ramble. Anyone who is self aware and smart has at least a bit of narcissism.
>>
My friends are much smarter than me. The only thing that separates us is that they can explain things better than me.
>>
Usually people who think or know they're smart are really fucking elitist and arrogant and impossible to be friends with unless they think they can get something from you or you seem somehow better than them.

For somebody who isn't egotistical and upfront about it, you just go places where you'd meet smart people. Maybe some hip coffee shop/cafe. At some clubs and committees in college.
You have to consider too that if you're dumb, you might not even recognize a smart person unless you're actually directly told they're special. You might only end up with autistic friends and not ever try to meet somebody interesting with valuable skills you could benefit from.
>>
>>25343834
Smart people tend to be more selfish and less altruistic, so I agree with this guy: >>25343857

Prove to them that being friends with you somehow serves their interests.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.