[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get drawing tablet for Xmas >it's uncomfortable as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1392769049976.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1392769049976.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>get drawing tablet for Xmas
>it's uncomfortable as fuck to use and overcomplicates everything
Seriously I would rather just stick to pencil and paper. I honestly hope my father kept the receipt for this shit. I even had to stop using the writing tool and just went back to my keyboard to finish this post.
>>
>>25341891
a poor workman blames his tools
>>
I'll buy it off you
>>
>>25341939
Nice catchprase abe lincoln

What if the tools arent meant for the job?

A poor workman fails to do the job with the correct tools
>>
>>25341939
>hammer is obviously broken with the head falling off
>poor workman
>>
>>25341891
You have to get used to it. Canvas rotation will help you make better lines. Use a stabilizer like Lazy Nerumi, Paint tool Sai as one incorporated.
>>
>>25341939
He already has the tools, pencil and paper.
>>
>>25342016
Or I could just rotate my piece of paper instead of twisting my arm and clicking three buttons at once.
>>
>>25341991
i don't understand how this tablet can be used by thousands of other professionals but must be incorrect because you are unable to use it

>>25342004
then the workman will need to fix his tool and not use it as an excuse for his failure
>>
>>25342103
You can't play videogames then?
>>
>>25341891
Did you ask for it, or did he just purchase it for you as a surprise?
Have you had an opportunity to use a drawing tablet prior to you recieving one of your own?
>>
>>25341891
It takes about a week to really get used to it. Put a piece of thin paper like computer paper or tracing paper over it. That should make it easier to get used to. There's a slight learning curve when you first start but it won't take long to get used to it
>>
>>25342103
stop being a cunt you can now make legit computer drawings and mess with colors, layers, color theory n shiet, practice with it and you'll be glad you got it goddamn.
>>
>>25342209
Asked for it. I had prior use of one with a friend of mine.
>>
>>25341891
You get used to it, when I used to use mine I preferred painting right off the bat instead of drawing with it. Start with a nice mid tone background and just paint some forms and you will see that it's actually pretty easy.
>>
>>25342291
I don't even draw though.
>>
>>25342351
When you tried it, what did you think of it?
Strange, right?
>>
>>25342417
I thought it was okay, all I did was doodle a smiley man.
>>
You've had it less than a week
There is a huge adjustment period with tablets and once you figure out how to into digital art it makes life a shitton easier than drawing/coloring by hand
>>
>>25342477
I see. Nice job.
Stick to pencils and paper. Best of luck.
>>
My parents got me a wacom tablet for Christmas when I was 15-16 and I had the same issue, but my friend said you get what you pay for. The cheaper ones aren't calibrated well.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.