[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you stay drunk longer after drinking 2 mixed drinks (whiskey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 284x177
Do you stay drunk longer after drinking 2 mixed drinks (whiskey and coke) or after 3 beers?

I'm looking to not stay drunk for long so I can sober up faster after a party but still want to drink something.
>>
Mixing drinks is generally not a good idea unless you want to get totally fucked up and don't give a shit about the consequences (vomiting/increased chance of hangover).
>>
>>25340468
This fag talks sense
>>
My advice is to make sure you drink quality alcohol (not some cheap ass shit) and make sure you get as much as clean and fresh air as possible. Also don't mix even whiskey and coke, just take a shot of whiskey and then drink some coke afterwards and don't forget about eating something afterwards.
>>
>>25340468
this is not what the OP asked but it is on the same level of retarded so I'll allow it
>>
>>25340443
Depends on how the drink is mixed, but I generelly get more drunk on that than 3 beers. 3 beers take longer to drink and are better for social outings while drinks are better for getting drunk.
>>
Takes the body about 2 hours to process 8oz of beer, the average adult male is considered legally drunk after 16oz of beer
For the whiskey it's 8oz to be considered legally drunk if I remember right
I had to learn this stuff to get my alcohol servers license

Oh, being fatter or eating or whatever else they tell you that means you can drink more without getting drunk is BS
>>
After 3 beers I'm not drunk at all. Thanks to my alcoholic ancestors I can drink about 12 beers without really being very drunk. It's the 15+ area where I finally start being propperly drunk as in serious trouble walking, not remembering etc. But that's just my experience. I'd advice you to do straight shots instead of mixed drinks. Do like two shots in a short time, you will be nicely drunk and sober up fast. If you get mixed drink you will be drinking it longer, not to mention beer.
>>
I have this problem of not becoming really drunk anymore. I can drink half a bottle of vodka, shots or mixed, and I get a bit drunk for half an hours and then I feel normal again. Just tipsy.
Have this problem since a year. I want to be drunk once again. I just can't. And when I try drinking more than half a vodka I just get sick and have to vomit. But I don't get more drunk.
It doesn't matter what I drink. Rum, whiskey, jaegermeister, beer. The feeling is there for 30 minutes at most. What the fuck is going on with my body?
>>
File: 1.jpg (28 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28 KB, 500x278
Just go for straight whiskey, in my experience mixed drinks get you on a bad type of drunkness. And 3 beers mean nothing, talk after 7-8 of them.

Tip: Do glasses of whiskey (50ml ones) and when you feel bad after downing one, drink some coke. Take a small break, then start again.
>>
>>25340836
You're probably building up tolerance. I can get drunk, but my hungovers have disappeared. I can drink 10 beers and then 5+ shots of whatever I can get my hands on and second day I'm okay, sometimes sligthly dehydrated but once I drink some water I'm okay.

I guess we're just becoming alcoholics.
>>
>>25340901
But I don't drink that often. Well 2 years ago I drank every one or two weeks. I remember at that time, that I got drunk pretty good and easy. But then I stopped. Have pretty long breaks between when I drink something again. And now I have this problem. What the fuck mang? I just want to get wasted with my friends again. I just can't.
>>
File: drunk russian.jpg (147 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
drunk russian.jpg
147 KB, 1200x900
>>25340443
It all depends on how much alcohol you put in your drinks or how much alcohol is in the beer. Generally speaking, 1.5 oz of 80 proof (standard vodka or whiskey) is equivalent to 12 oz of 4.2% beer (think budlight or coors light). So if you are pouring exactly one shot into each mixed drink then you should be at about the same blood alcohol level. However if you are pouring 16 oz or larger draft beers, or are drinking IPA microbrew beer which is often at 6 to 8% alchol you will be more intoxicated.

The mixed drinks should get you drunk faster and be out of your system quicker if you pour exactly one shot because you'll probably be drinking less water with them I mean the water in beer, however if it's a "party" and your just pouring straight out of the bottle you probably will pour more than one shot's worth of booze. Because of that you will probably be safer just getting a nice buzz with 2 budlights or similar pilsner light beers.
>>
>>25340952
I think these things can stay pretty long. For example my father, he apparently drank like the whole russian navy when he was young. Nowadays he doesn't drink anymore, but I've still never seen him drunk, despite him always drinking about the same amount as me. He's just indesctructible even though it has been 20 years since he stopped drinking regularly.
>>
File: alcoholic.jpg (30 KB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
alcoholic.jpg
30 KB, 300x204
>>25340901
Haha ya I was in that boat a few months ago, then I took 4 months off of drinking and now try to only drink two or three times a week (generally on the weekends) and have noticed that my tolerance has went WAY down. It's nice getting that first beer buzz again. When you start drinking to feel normal, I know it's nice because I was there and in that mindset, you're missing out on the actual pleasure that booze can bring.
>>
the beer will probably wear off quicker because it gets absorbed partially through your stomach lining whereas the mixed drink has to process almost entirely through your liver. Although you really should be 100% functional to do anything after either the beer or mixed drink. I dont see how you could get "drunk" off 3 beers or 2 mixed drinks unless you're mixing quads or drinking king cans.
>>
>>25340443

Drink the 3 beers over a long period of time. You shouldn't get more than a buzzed feeling.
>>
>>25341037
That's exactly what I mean. I don't get that actual pleasure from booze like when I started drinking alcohol anymore. There is shitty drunk time window of 30 minutes and then I feel like I sobered up again.
Have a question though. I try to drink water while drinking to avoid a bad hangover the next day. May this be some sort of cause of my problem? I don't think the water neutralizes the alcohol. After all I have the same amount in my blood of what I drank.
>>
>>25340443
If drinking a lot drink white wine, or clear spirits. Less congeners. But 3 beers is nothing, no hang over from drinking so little...
>>
File: cat_drunk-512.png (64 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
cat_drunk-512.png
64 KB, 512x512
>>25341148
I don't think the water causes any problems. The alcohol should absorb through your stomach and intestines just fine even with the extra water. I think it's just tolerance and the fact that when you start drinking really hard you start to feel normal when you drink. For instance I would hardly ever get hangovers after drinking and I would drink 8 16 oz beers every day after work, however I would have anxiety and a feeling that something was off the entire next day until I cracked a beer. It's really all about tolerance. I love booze and drinking however it is a pretty toxic drug that builds tolerance fairly quickly. I'd recommend taking a tolerance break and if you take a few months off you'll once again get that nice, pleasure filled buzz again.
>>
Sugar (in liqueur or coke with alc) inhibits alcohol metabolisation. So you need less to get drunk.
And to sober up take a walk in the fresh air to burn the sugar.

To combat tolerance is futile. I take 12 to 14 weeks of abstinence each year and my tolerance doesn't reset, except maybe for the first 3 times after abstinence.
>>
>>25340443
>Drunk from 3 beers

Who the hell gets drunk from 3 beers
>>
>>25340443
Why not just take the mixed drinks as a few shots in succession and save the pop for a chaser? You'll be less likely to puke since it's not nearly as much sugar as having them all as mixed drinks
>>25340847
This guy gets it

Normally if I make a jack and coke or something, I'll end up putting 3 or four shots worth in the cup, and top it off with coke. Its hard to keep track of how much you drink that way, so whatever.

Go for the gold and be yourself.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.