[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hear some people choose to live in vans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1450929855285.jpg (53 KB, 552x530) Image search: [Google]
1450929855285.jpg
53 KB, 552x530
Lets face it, there is going to be less and less jobs as time goes on, for many reasons. Like automation, and jobs getting shipped overseas. A college bubble thats bursting, and now officially more lower-class people than middle and upper in America. And don't forget, any NEET-bux you may be getting will be on the chopping block.

If you take a van, fix it up so its like a movable apartment room, and have a job, and access to a 24 hour fitness type place for access to showers, you could probably save a bunch of money and actually save up each month rather than living paycheck to paycheck.

A laptop would work, using a phone hotspot or library or Starbucks for internet. If it gets cold in the winter where you are, you could just do it in the warmer months and live in apartments in the winter. Maybe also look into starting a garden to provide yourself with some cheep food.

Get ready for the lean times, friends.
>>
>>25338417
in the u.s. the amount of jobs available is projected to increase, especially when they boomers retire and need healthcare till they die. Look at the bureau of labor statistics. If the number of jobs will adjust based on influx of illegal immigrants or not I dont know, but if no more illegals are allowed in then it should balance. Our economy is growing more polarized, you are right, but standard of living has gone up for everyone. The tax dodging and unfair wealth distribution are just a few policy changes away, but even if they werent fixed I seriously doubt lean times will happen before you kill yourself.
>>
>>25338417
in 2015 in america there are 120.8 million middle class. there are 121.3 million upper and lower class people combined of which 21% are upper income yet 29% are lower income.
-PEW research center
>>
>>25339575
"The standard of living has gone up for everyone"
Since when
>>
>>25339642
Making 28k a year counts as "middle class" to make that true
>>
>>25339908
thats about the lower threshold for a single person to be considered middle income in america. You have to take into account that it has been averaged too. Cost of living may be higher or lower depending upon where you live, but generally wages are adjusted to compensate.
>>
>>25339880
depending how you want to measure standard of living, either from 1993 onwards or since the 70s.
>>
>>25338417
OP I worked a while in the career center of a pretty decent university. The college degree overatutation is starting now as those who entered during the recession leave with their degrees. We had to compile reports and its atrocious what people are getting with thier degree, average income of a grad 3 years out has gone down by a whopping 9.5k. You'll never hear this of course, or any negative economic news for that matter as the media is banking on convincing the populace that we are in a recovery. Do you think the BLS would post anything else but the most positive outlooks?
>>
>>25338417
And don't forget, they bullshit people about statistics. Ex. The unemployed population percentage doesn't include those not looking for work.In other words, I wonder how full of shit they really are.I'm looking at you>>25340043
>>25339642
>>25339575
guys.
>>
>>25338417
>If it gets cold in the winter where you are, you could just do it in the warmer months and live in apartments in the winter.

Mate, I live in the north of Iceland - it's never fucking warm.
>>
>>25340398
those are all me. The terminology has to be specified and any lay person can look at the glossary for the reports. A healthy skepticism is good, but don't throw shade on good statistics for no reason.
>>
>>25340346
i've seen figures on underemployment with degrees in any given year and I believe I have seen some monetary figures for average grad income too.
>>
>>25340559
Telling me what to do? You must be a government shill. There is literally no reason to be comforted by silly stats like that when you can spin them different ways.
>>
>>25340652
I'm not telling you to be comforted. I'm pointing out that you're not substantiating your claims.
>>
I won't either, because you can spin things different ways, so what's the point, assuming they don't outright lie and or are incompetent when collecting the data. But, just imagine you're the part of the populace without a degree and a neet and being a millennial on top of that, and that makes it all irrelevant to a lot of people here, just so you know my thought process.The stats are awful if you look at it as closer.
>>
>>25340898
thats a load of horseshit. empiricism and in turn statistics has a proven track record of progress within the realm of our understanding. That's why it's used. If you can use my data to substantiate your claims -- then do it.. If you have a reason to reject those stats and can give proof in a scientific way then do that too.
>>
Let's see here. Anyone who's actually graduated college itt- when were you able to find a job/start your career?
>>
>>25341330
It has been proven to make predictions? Sure. But it doesn't pay attention to all angles, statistics never do. Every single person on the planet is one person, so we are all potential anomalies anyway, so why care? But aside from that asinine everybody is one person bit, I am a NEET without a degree, do you really expect me to sound like a statistician for you? I'll admit that I'm projecting,, sure, but you ought to admit that you don't really belong here. I hope they at least payed you as a shill, rather than you doing your shit out of good will, because, as OP said, not everyone can make it, and you're an idiot if you don't realize how bad it is, and is going to be,for a NEET millenial. Right now unemployment, for all of the populace, is five perceent right? Not including the ones not looking for work. Not taking into account that people are going to be underpayed, not get enough hours, I mean COME ON. Even if this were the positivity board someone would call you out on your shit and let you know a long term NEET here, no longer considered part of the work force, if ever considered, is ever going to make it. The best thing to do is to rent a small piece of land on the cheap, and park a broken van there. My plan if I ever have my government let me have a job at all. Less than half of us are going to do any better than that. Fuck you and your psuedoscience. Like 15 percent of NEET young people are unemployed and about half stats say give up looking for work, so who's gonna get hired? Mexicans and people from India and shit. Now go die.
>>
>>25341642
My annectodal experience at a blue chip corp suggest that H1Bs will be the reckoning of STEM grads.
>>
>>25341642
Just because you're a NEET doesn't mean you get to make bold-faced claims based on essentially nothing.

I sympathize with you, I do. I'm 24. You're not an anomaly. I've seen figures showing things are getting worse for people without degrees, underemployment rates are up for recent graduates, the 18 trillion in debt and the 86 trillion in unfunded liabilities the boomers have strapped us with, the later retirement rates and countless other bad things.

The fact of the matter is that it still does not make some of the things that OP claimed or you claimed true.
>>
>>25338417
Sounds comfy and fun
With a few weeks of saving and preparation, this would be comfy and pretty alright. I only want to watch anime anyway, so all i need is a laptop. I can have a minimum wage job and work less hours, and that's it. Since I'm not tied down I'll be able to go wherever i want connected by land without regrets or cares.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.