[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who belongs? Who doesn't?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: contrarian.jpg (2 MB, 1528x5000) Image search: [Google]
contrarian.jpg
2 MB, 1528x5000
Who belongs? Who doesn't?
>>
They all belong
>>
>>25337610
entire image is mostly b8 or the most autist tier opinions, either way b8
>>
>>25337610
Lynch, Anno, Wataabe, Myazaki, Kafka, Kojima, Beefheart, Vonnegut, The Coens and Bale shouldn't be on there.

Lil B, Levine, DiCaprio and McCartney belong there.

Quentin Tarantino should be on there twice.
>>
>Vonnegut
>One trick pony

eke
>>
>>25337610
Kanye West doesn't belong. He's a lousy person, but he's extremely talented and he's definitely not a one trick pony.
>>
>>25337610
I don't know who any of those faggets are
>>
>>25339520
kanye is painfully mediocre dont wtf you're talking about
>>
>>25339545
If this is true then I pity you more than anything. That's just pathetic.
>>
>>25337610
>ive never done anything with my life so ill just try to insult people who have and are most likely all millionaires by making an ms paint chart to settle my insecurities

that'll show em OP!
>>
>>25337610
Genuinely don't understand how people could think that Kojima's writing isn't just rehashed, autistic level shit.
>>
>>25339147
100% Bale shouldn't be there.

Although I don't understand how they can be talentless. Most of them have talent. They're good. Of course it says "Not being good doesnt equal being a talentless hack" but if they're good, doesn't that mean they also have talent?

The list in general is autistic. Stop being so angry at people who have done something with their life. These people are successful, and people like them. If you dislike them, it doesn't mean they are talentless hacks; it just means they do one thing. The same element every time. They're good at that one thing. That's what they do.
>>
Personally I think Bansky doesn't belong on this list.

Initially his art was all graffiti based, but he always spiced it up by going to random places and doing it, everywhere from NYC to the Gaza strip. Even now the man is upgrading his work, take for example dismalland, which was a fully functioning theme park. That's a major step away from the usual graffiti art. It was a pretty huge success, and its tickets all sold, in addition to bringing together a large range of artists.

By the definition, the of "talentless hack"
>Devoid of talent
Putting together a fully functioning theme park, hiring crew, gathering artists to display work, and doing so within a year requires talent. Not to mention being able to sneak into the gaza strip, no easy task.
>Hack
His works iconic, you can't really question this and usually when it's recognized it does make the news.

Therefore, you should remove him from the list.
>>
Mike Patton definitely doesn't belong, he's been in at least three great bands (Faith No More, Mr. Bungle and Tomahawk).
>>
>All these avant-teen favourites from rym

Is this 2013 or what?
>>
File: viper stupidest nigga.jpg (123 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
viper stupidest nigga.jpg
123 KB, 600x600
>Cormac McCarthy
>Stan Brakhage
>Tao Lin and Nolan nowhere to be found
End ur life, stupid.
>>
Kanye, Pusha and Kojima are objectively talented.
>>
>>25339147
>Kojima doesn't belong there but McCarthy does
I tried to look in my reaction folder to find an image to attach to this post but I couldn't find anything to adequately convey the level of disgust your post made me feel upon reading it. Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>lil b
>steve albini
shit list anon
>>
i have no idea why Pusha T is on there
>>
>>25340509
Dude juxtaposition lmao.
>>
File: 1e4c7789.png (327 KB, 400x573) Image search: [Google]
1e4c7789.png
327 KB, 400x573
>Kanye West
>Pusha T
>Both successful rappers
>Both president of a music label
>Kanye West has a very successful fashion line
>Implying based on music alone they aren't provent to be multi-talented artists.
Whoever made this image is so jealous of these "talentless hacks"
>>
>>25337610
take off:
lynch
lil b
anno
roger waters
coen brothers
tchaikovsky
>>
>>25337610
this entire list was made just to upset people who like things, and it covers pretty much every base. imo the only people on that list that truly belong there are pollock, basquiat, banksy, and warhol.
just because i dont like kanye it doesnt mean he's a talentless hack
>>
>>25341422
3 Mana 5/1 Magma Rager stats super useless with Ice Rager now
But the Battlecry is good, bad that's a paladin card and I'm starting to become a Mage apprentice
>>
>>25340509
google blek le rat
banksy is a theif and an asshole who paints over good artists (robbo rip) and is fit for the im14andthisisdeep crowd
>>
>>25341422
>if they're financially successful, that means they're good musicians!
Loads of shit one-hit wonders are out there, with their own "fashion lines", barbeque sauces, and various other businesses they were smart enough to invest their money into, instead of wasting it all on drugs. As smart a move as that is, that has nothing to do with their musical talents.
DESU tho fambamalam, I wish I could write just ONE mildly successful song, and do the same shit. Hell, I wouldn't even go into my own business, just buy a couple Taco Bell franchises and let the money come to me, and of course using that money to buy more franchises.
>>
File: 1450855099856.jpg (131 KB, 1019x720) Image search: [Google]
1450855099856.jpg
131 KB, 1019x720
>>25341769
You obviously don't know anything about either artist.
>>
File: da da dah.gif (464 KB, 272x258) Image search: [Google]
da da dah.gif
464 KB, 272x258
>>25341769
>I don't like it, thus it is bad!
>>
Fuck off

Daniel Lopatin literally created 3 genres
>>
File: 1450090674627.png (77 KB, 240x256) Image search: [Google]
1450090674627.png
77 KB, 240x256
>>25341882
I know that talking over the compilation of sounds of other people's music isn't music, anon.
>>25341983
>I like it, thus it is good and above criticism!
>>
>>25342158
Here's the (You) you're trying so hard for.
>>
Wakamoto belongs.

The fucking hack can only do the one eccentric, obnoxious voice.

He could do a nice, scary voice as Imperfect Cell back in DBZ when he was somewhat of a rookie, but now that he's famous, it's always the same voice.
>>
>>25342215
Can you explain how rhyming vulgar limericks over a vamp with the same four-on-the-floor beat every single time is good, or are you just going to keep posting stills of cheaply produced animation and deflecting with feigned smugness as your whole argument?
Let me guess, your next post will be something along the lines of not needing to defend your shit taste, but we both know it's just that you CAN'T defend your shit taste and you're upset about it.
>>
Holy shit

Successful =/ Talent, Good =/ Talent

Everyone in the image belongs there since they are one trick ponies, except maybe for Christian Bale. He somewhat has talent.
>>
>>25337610
>Nasu
>not on the list

Good going, lads.
>>
>>25339520
lol
>>25342326
roger waters is a genius. we should thank god that him and gilmour were in the same band.
>>
>>25337610
Steven Stapleton actually has a varied body of work, and he is talented in his genre.
>>
>Mike Patton and Henrey Rollins
>Talentless
Other than that its pretty accurate
>>
>>25343188
Rollins is the least talented person on the whole thing.
>>
I only bothered to look through the first three rows or so, but...

kanye made some good songs in the past. He's shit now tho.
>>
How is McCartney a hack? Obv his solo career is shit but he made some cracking Beatles songs. Ringo is the real hack
>>
>>25337610
I'd take Lou Reed and Paul McCartney off the list, can't comment on most of the authors since I haven't read enough of their works to really make that judgement.

Lou Reed pretty much paved the way for experimental music. A lot of it was hit and miss, but that doesn't stop it from being 'talentless' nor a 'hack'

Paul McCartney basically got songwriting/construction down to a science alongside the rest of the Beatles. Also his songs in particular seemed to deviate away from that "Beatles sound" as his writing developed.

Lots of people shit on the Velvet Underground or the Beatles as being overrated without bothering to look at how, for the time, their works were revolutionary. However, that doesn't meant that I'd hold them in the same regard as the Brian Wilson.
>>
>>25340842
He said Paul McCartney, not Cormac McCarthy
>>
>>25337610
Takashi Miike, Kafka, Godard, Beefheart, Cormac McCarthy, Coen Bros, and Jodorowsky should not be on there

Miyazaki is more like a two trick pony

also
>>25339147
>Quentin Tarantino should be on there twice.
>>
Whoever made that chart forgot Dostoyevsky
>>
>Kafka
>hack
I've never seen more autism in one image.
>I 8 the b8
>>
>>25340769
>Tao Lin is nowhere to be found
>not knowing how to read
End you're life.
>>
>>25340152
You obviously don't know either, unless if you have proof that you're at least following his path.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.