[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Normies think that doing anything in public alone has a negative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11
>Normies think that doing anything in public alone has a negative connotation.
Why tho
>>
>>25336481
because they don't know how to give meaning to their lives without relying on external factors. they want to be constantly acknowledged by their environment
>>
File: 2423423.jpg (15 KB, 200x284) Image search: [Google]
2423423.jpg
15 KB, 200x284
>>25336481
Cause you look like a creep
>>
>>25336481

Not even vaguely true. While there might be some stigma against doing things by yourself in the evening, matinees, brunches, recreational walks are perfectly acceptable things to do by yourself.
>>
Honestly I think so too. That's why I haven't been to a restaurant in four years.
>>
>>25336481
Because they can't handle the idea of living without constant attention from others
>>
>>25336481
I used to go to the cinema alone all the time when I worked in the city. Now I'm in the army and my life is one big social event.
>>
For some reason going to the cinema alone has some stigma attached to it, but that's how I prefer seeing films
>>
File: 1431044964610.jpg (55 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1431044964610.jpg
55 KB, 960x720
I think going to a movie alone having a negative connotation is the worst one. You shouldn't even be fucking talking during a movie in the first place.

Plus it's comfy as fuck going to a movie on non-peak hours alone and just having most of the place to yourself
>>
>>25336491
>>25336525

Can the hasty generalization children please leave?
>>
>>25336546
>>25336528 here, you get me brotha. Fucking love chilling there with my salty popcorn and my coke and not being bothered by anyone, away from all the hassles of other people and life, and just able to relax and not worry about anyone or anything because nobody is there to get in my way, remind me of it, or try and make me do things differently.
>>
>>25336481

I wouldn't take it too personal.

Someone thought they were too clever by half, making up that word.
>>
I think it varies from place to place. In my town people stare at me when I'm alone. But in new york city nobody seemed to notice or care.
>>
>not allowed into public because I wasn't gifted a gf like everyone else

I can't remember the last time I went out to eat or watched a movie with someone else
>>
It isn't just public things either. I'm sitting here playing my video games and one of my normie friends literally wants to be in a skype call all day every day. I JUST WANNA FUCKING PLAY MY VIDEO GAMES OKAY. WE AREN'T EVEN PLAYING TOGETHER. FUCK.
>>
>>25336481
am i the only one who finds that jacket extremely /fa/? Can anyone help me find a similar one?
>>
>>25336715
>my normie friends
This thread isn't for you, normalfag
This board isn't for you either
>>
>>25336481
Because it is not the average behavior
>>
File: 1441309168139.jpg (944 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1441309168139.jpg
944 KB, 1920x1080
>>25336752

Yes the thirty one year old virgin neet that lives with his parents and plays video games and watches anime all day but just so happens to know like two or three normies is totally a normalfag.

Go blog about how you'll be forever alone even though you're only 18 kid.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-29-19-35-10.jpg (536 KB, 1080x1584) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-29-19-35-10.jpg
536 KB, 1080x1584
>>25336731

Something like that?

blox blox
>>
http://womenspost.ca/things-i-learned-while-masturdating/

One woman does the UNTHINKABLE
>>
>>25336898
I don't think so, this one looks like it's made of something super synthetic.

The one from OP's image looks super organic, look at the sleeves for example
>>
>>25336898
>>25336927

looks similar to a carhartt work jacket

http://www.carhartt.com/category/carhartt-men-outerwear
>>
File: 1451409996655.jpg (23 KB, 259x261) Image search: [Google]
1451409996655.jpg
23 KB, 259x261
>>25336899
Sometimes I think to myself, "Y'know, you should try going out and interacting with people sometimes, mainstream society probably isn't half as vapid as you think it is!"
And then I see shit like this.

Also,
>Tags: Female Empowerment
Fucking Christ, is this really such a big deal to normies?
>>
>>25336715
>want to play 100hr jrpgs by myself
>friends try to steal all my time so we can play multiplayer games with no sense of progress or accomplishment instead

Iktf all too well
>>
>>25336481
they're scared of the bad thoughts and feels that come with being alone. they spend their entire lives avoiding it, thats what happiness is.

robots have been forced into the darkness, and realize its not so bad. they grow to like it because the more alone you are, the more you can tolerate and even learn to enjoy it, you feel stronger for it (hence this smug thread)
>>
File: andrew-luck-frothing.jpg (55 KB, 555x398) Image search: [Google]
andrew-luck-frothing.jpg
55 KB, 555x398
This entire concept makes me want to vomit violently in the person who came up with this's face. What is wrong with these people?
>>
Underneath their facade of happiness is a bubbling existential crisis. They use people to validate their existence, instead of having their own reasons to do things. Everything the most normiest of normies do is done solely for the approval of others. Even eating, which is why they photograph their meals and post them online.
>>
>ITT robots fail to understand how doing things with other people can be fun because you enjoy their company.
>>
>>>25336491
Can you subhuman normie please leave?
>>
>>25337567
Adding to this, they reject and mock those who do not rely on the approval of others because when they see one who is guided by their own rationality, intuition, or passion they are reminded that they have no will of their own. So their existential crisis seethes higher.
>>
>>25337636
>ITT normie fails to comprehend that while we enjoy the company of others, we don't need to be around others for every single moment of our lives.
>>
File: 20131013045118590.jpg (58 KB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
20131013045118590.jpg
58 KB, 1000x1405
I love watching robots try to understand and explain normie behaviour. Its like watching a dog try to chew toffee
>>
File: 1441317102421.jpg (594 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1441317102421.jpg
594 KB, 1600x900
>>25337698

Literally this. Holy shit normies are you that bad at understanding points of view that aren't yours?
>>
>>25337698
>we enjoy the company of others

That makes you a normie.
>>
>>25337754
I love when people like you post on the board because you never know what you're talking about and never respond when called out on your shit.

Get out now.
>>
>>25337754
There's nothing to understand, if you can't even go for a run or a walk without 3 people with you, you are an insecure mindless normie
>>
>>25336601
Are you talking about OP?
>>
>>25336481
I think its an extension of their narcissism. I forget where I read it from but a lover's function can be to validate their companions vanity, this relationship is mutual of course. It's an immature way to have a relationship but their love for eachother is adoration. And that could give you feelings that everything is alright and in control since narcissism is a sense of power. I'd describe it as this need to return to the womb.

Because of this a normie of course wouldn't want to be out alone because they would be without their protective wound. And their vanity would be at stake because tfw no gf.
>>
>>25336497
I have no friends
>Go outside and meet people xD
Goes out*
>You look like a creep just stay inside weirdo xD

and then you complain when there's bullets flying our way
>>
>>25336481
>>25338240
Forgot to mention that it having a negative connotation is just normies projecting.
>>
>>25337763
I want to lick their armpits
>>
I have some pretty serious social anxiety, and even I can go to the movies alone. I prefer it, honestly. I've never understood people freaking out about it.

Why is going to the movies considered an exclusively social experience? You're not there to talk, you're there to be quiet and watch the movie for 2 hours, and THEN you talk about it.
>>
File: αρχείο λήψης.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
αρχείο λήψης.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
>>25338240
projecting a little bit too hard there funpai
>>
File: 1338688750073.png (252 KB, 336x480) Image search: [Google]
1338688750073.png
252 KB, 336x480
>>25338534
I can't help it, I have no gf
>>
Is going to the movies alone really that strange in some countries? I see people alone in mine all the time, specially on late night screenings.
>>
>used to go to random bars alone just to chill and drink
>sometimes was aite
>other times I'd feel incredibly vulnerable, like what the fuck do I do just sit here and drink and stare at the wall
I had more money back then.

I've gone to a couple movies by myself, but only if I really, really wanted to see it like right fucking now. I'm so glad I have friends.
>>
>>25338490
the worst is when normies expect you to move to a corner or something because your alone.
>>
>>25336512
this, I do it all the time (or at least used to when I had more money) and would see other people doing it all the time

same with going to bars or clubs alone, nigga it's practically what theyre there for
>>
>>25339250
2bh if you're sitting somewhere in the middle of a row of unoccupied seats and a group comes by and you dont move, you're an asshole

sit in the back its actually better cuz youre closer to the speakers and the rearmost seats are typically raised higher from the ones below than seats at the front. like, the slope of the seating isn't a line, it's a curve

>>25338655
it is in america because america is a tribal shithole
>>
>>25336481

because if you can't be social it means there's something inherently wrong with you, therefore a latent threat
>>
Nobody cares that you're alone, what people care about is the way you carry yourself. Say I'm with my girl and some friends and you're just at the table working on some homework, ok cool that's normal you're not going to so much as cross anyone in my group's mind.

Now say you're this fat ass Indian dude that's always by himself constantly using the computer on my dorm room hall to watch videos on YouTube. People are going to notice you and eventually make fun of you

If you're fat, effeminately gay (although this has changed), dress sloppy or are acting weird people will notice and make fun of you. If you're really really short like 5'0 even and a dude or really really tall people might notice and make fun of you
>>
>>25340215
Anyone that makes fun a person for having no friends instead of approaching them and trying to be friendly is a piece of shit whose opinion isn't worth caring about anyway, yours included, fucking normie.
>>
>>25340268
>implying
My friend went up to the Indian dude and asked if he could watch a movie with him, although knowing my friend it could have been jokingly but my friend is with most anyway so it could have also been genuine. The Indian guy declined

People dislike and ridicule him because he takes up the room from seemingly 6am, or at least before anyone else gets up, till 11pm at night
>>
>>25336491
Pretty much this. Ignoring the faggot whiners, this is a great summation of the human state and social pressures. Normies to survive, they need other people to interact with. Robots to survive just need to know they are around.
>>
>>25338240
You remind me of how Aristotle separates relationships into 3 types; relationships of utility, relationships of pleasure, and relationships of goodness.

Obviously one might be lead to the conclusion that normies function predominately of relations of utility and pleasure.
>>
>>25336481

One week with my parents... I want to leave right now!
>>
Eurotruck Simulator 2 must be the comfiest game ever.
>Tfw it starts raining at night and you're all cozy in your cabin listening to frenchie radio
>>
>>25339373
>giving up good seats because they're in a group
Do you guys not have assigned seats?
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.