[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mediocrity Feels Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (711 KB, 1288x966) Image search: [Google]
image.png
711 KB, 1288x966
If I wasn't so mediocre at piano/keyboard I could probably be in a band playing keys. At least then my life would be enjoyable. But alas I am mediocre at piano, and nobody wants to listen to mediocre music, and I'm not social enough to be asked to join a band
>tfw your mediocrity is holding you back
>>
>>25335953
Practice? It's the only way to get better. But it's probably not a good career move.
>>
>>25335966
This. Work is the key. The problem is that we have no drive, thus can't progress. I consider myself good at writing but I write only when I feel a need to, once per week or less. If I put more effort I could probably get published. But nope.
>>
>>25336022
You're wrong. Talent is the key. I have a friend who plays counter strike(1.6). Even though I spent more time playing I never got as good as him. He is just more talented. Reaction time, hand-eye coordination. I don't know. Point is hard work doesn't mean shit. If you are inferior you are gonna be shit no matter what you do.
>>
>>25336073
You are still a better player than maybe 80% of the beginners. And even talented people have to work to achieve something, even if it is easier for them. The top athletes may be talented people, and only talented people, but they sure put a fuckload of time into getting better.

Perhaps you suck at what you do despite putting effort into it, but that's another matter. Your discourse is typical /r9k/ shit where it's not your fault and the world is against you. Well, it's not your fault, and the world is against you, but you live in a first world country so praise the sun and find something you are actually not rubbish at.
>>
>>25336226
The country I live in is considered to be second-world(post-soviet) but that's irrelevant. It's still nowhere near Congo-tier obviously. Point is I suck at anything I do. Whatever I try there is always someone who got better in shorter time. Everyone sees that. Whatever I do I'm at best average(through hard work). That's not good enough. That guy who plays cs I mentioned? He got a girlfriend while playing cs. You know why? He was the best. His girlfriend, she didn't talk to the second best guy, nor the third or fourth. She talked to him. If you're not the best YOU DO NOT EXIST. Just tell me, do you know anything at all for example about chess? Even if you don't I bet you've heard the name Gasparov. He is the best(or at least that's his reputation). You know who is the second best guy? You know his name? No? You know why? He's not the best. HE DOES NOT EXIST.

It's not worth doing. Nothing is.
>>
>>25336369
I know plenty of people who absolutely aren't the best at anything and still have decent and relatively fullfilling lives. Maybe girls in your country are gold diggers, that's the perception I have of slav girls in general, sorry about that. I don't really know how you can stay average through hard work, but then again, I never worked hard, and am working shitty jobs.
>>
>>25336475
Relatively being the important word. If by relatively you mean working hard to get what Chad gets just by being born then that's not something I would consider fullfiling.
>>
>>25335953
It's all in your head, there is plenty of mediocre bands with mediocre pianists. You just need to be active and look for them. I was asked to join a band by an acquaintance and I don't even know how to play yet
>>
>>25335953
My life is nothing but mediocre. I've never found anything to stick to, to get good at, to give me a good outlook on life, to give me a reason to stop self loathing, to live. These feels mang
>>
>>25336369
You can't be the best therefore you shouldn't try
This is a fallacy
>>
>>25336646
Is it? I don't think so.
>>
File: giggle.png (190 KB, 1675x718) Image search: [Google]
giggle.png
190 KB, 1675x718
>>25335953
That image is terrible wrong.

I've been a mediocre guy all my life I can say you that a true Medio-Man sit in front of that street sign ALL IS LIFE thinking "I can take excellence road whenever I want".
>>
>>25336671
One thing doesn't prove the other
You say no matter how hard you try you will never be the best, this is true. Then you say this is proof you shouldn't try to be good at all when it does not proove such thing since being good is an end on itself
>>
I wish i was at least mediocre.
>>
>>25336713
>this guy was offended by a stock image
>>
>>25336733
>being good is an end on itself
Is it really? And can you even be good without being the best? Perhaps working hard but being just good means you are just mediocre.
>>
>>25336884
It is. You may want to be good just to be good, you may want to be good to be appreciated and you may want to be good as a tool for something else. You are wrong to assume everyone wants to be the best when it doesn't even cross most people's mind.
I personally want to be good in order to create. I don't need to be the best to create, mediocre people create, above mediocre people create too. There are thousands of people you would deem mediocre with exepcional lives
>>
>>25336967
Most people probably can be okay with that. Honestly I don't see how can they do that. I hate myself for being mediocre. I hate myself for being unable to become the best.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.