[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I drive to restraunt to pick up a pizza/food/whatever, am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 449x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 449x302
If I drive to restraunt to pick up a pizza/food/whatever, am I supposed to tip them? It seems like they want a tip, but I'm not sure if they deserve one, I mean all they did was walk in to the back and grabbed my food and told my the total. I can see if they drove the food to me.

General tipping thread I guess..
Do you tip? For what?
>>
If I go pick it up, hell no.

If they deliver, yes.
>>
I tip because fast food workers don't get paid shit.
>>
>>25334458
Always tip if you have and will have repeated service
>>
>not tipping even if you pick it up
>not realizing the people put in work to go and get your fatass takeout
>not realizing they spit in your food and leave notes on your account if you don't tip
>>
>>25334458
>>25334506
but in the case of a fucking delivary pizza place don't tip if you actually go there and pick it up. Their job is easy as fuck, on par with fast food. They just stand there most of the time.
>>
>>25334537
If it's so ducking easy then cook your own damn pizza and drive it around to cool off before you consume it!
>>
>>25334565
Pizza boy detected
>>
>>25334458
Just delivery drivers. It's a luxury not having to get up off my fat ass to pick up food and most drivers are pretty quick. I offer an incentive (especially if I order frequently) for them to put me on the top of their priority list.
>>
>>25334617
You're a terrible detective.
>>
>>25334458
no. it's only custom to tip delivery drivers when it comes to pizza. nobody around me even mentions it if they pick up.

but if you're in a "gourmet" (fast food with less grease) cafe or sandwich shop where you can just order to go, you usually tip the 11-13% or whatever. especially downtown.

it's much dumber that people tip bartenders though, after already paying many times what you would otherwise for the same drink.
>>
File: tumblr_nwa10iAsq01satoyko4_100.jpg (25 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwa10iAsq01satoyko4_100.jpg
25 KB, 100x100
PEOPLE TO TIP
>delivery drivers, who especially in the case of food, are often gypped gas money
>employees who go out of their way to do something inconvenient for you while doing their job

PEOPLE NOT TO TIP
>anyone else
>>
>>25334458
Pizza delivery driver here.
>If I drive to restraunt to pick up a pizza/food/whatever, am I supposed to tip them?
No.
>It seems like they want a tip
We like money.

>Tfw made $131 tonight
wew lad
>>
>>25334500
>Here yo burga nigga
>ty Tyrone

I am inspired and in awe of the hardworking souls being HELD DOWN by the OPPRESSIVE hand of corporate greed.
>>
>>25334719
>tumblr_nwa10iAsq01satoyko4_100.jpg
where did you find that image?
>>
File: 1447510845838.png (2 KB, 593x416) Image search: [Google]
1447510845838.png
2 KB, 593x416
>>25334823
Google, senpai
>>
Ex delivery here; you should tip your drivers if they perform their job well. Delivering is such a thankless job. I'm way up north in the states; our winters here suck ass. Its pretty lame to almost be killed by some shitty driver, slip on the ice in the driveway / walk through a waist high snow drift just for someone to hand you exact change, and be rude while doing it.

You don't need to tip the in store workers tho; you can, and I do, but they're warm and safe inside the store.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.