[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: usmap.png (316 KB, 800x495) Image search: [Google]
usmap.png
316 KB, 800x495
Hey guys, so a friend and I are looking to possibly move out of state and I wanted your input on any of the following cities:
>New Orleans, Louisiana
>Seattle, Washington
>Austin, Texas
>Denver, Colorado (or would Aspen, Boulder, etc. be better?)
>Portland, Maine
Are these cool cities?
Would a 2 bedroom appartment be affordable?
($600-$1,000 a month)
lgbt friendly?
General advice for living in one of those cities?
>>
I really like New Orleans. I went to college there. It's cheap AF (shared a 3BR, 2BR for 1550 total) because Katrina fucked everything up and no one moved back. The city is only at 45% capacity so finding housing is great. I lived in the garden district, which is a great place. Downside is the lack of non-service jobs and poor black people.
>>
Fuck em all.

Move to Vancouver if you want to move to Washington. No state income tax, legal weed, plus right across the border of Oregon for no sales tax where you can do your shopping.

Move to the Dallas/Fort-Worth area for Texas. Can find some cheap housing in the Arlington/Fort-Worth area and it's more diverse than redneck Austin.

New Orleans is expensive as hell.

Colorado is cold as hell and really nothing to do there unless you're an outdoors guy.

Maine is great to visit but not to live. Love their haunted houses and shrimp places.

Other mentions would be Florida. Kind of expensive but the social life is great and no state income tax. Northern VA is also great. Cheaper than living in DC (but still expensive) and can go to DC for all the museums and stuff.
>>
File: gmc-bus.jpg (405 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
gmc-bus.jpg
405 KB, 700x525
Save the rent and spend it on a skoolie conversion like pic related. Then move in your dirt cheap RV.

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/wanna-see-a-really-nice-conversion-1823.html
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.