[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: lucy-van-pelt.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
lucy-van-pelt.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
who /cbt/ here? post ur sad thoughts and i will prove them wrong with logic
>>
cock and baIl torture?
>>
>>25330557
I fear my death, I fear I will be alone my entire life, I fear I will never be successful, I fear i'll not allow myself to open up to another again after being keked so hard
>>
>>25330557
Applying logic to irrational sad thoughts doesn't make them go away because you can't make recurrent sad feelings go away rationally.
>>
>>25330579
cognitive behavioral therapy

u feelys r determined by u thoughts, not life itself
>>
>>25330592
obviously ur gonna die..everyone dies...you can't predict the future, maybe one day you'll change, you never know for sure 100%...you aren't a fortune-teller
>>
>>25330598
yes you can because almost all sad thoughts are distorted and illogical and once you change your thoughts, your feelings will change
>>
>>25330557
If no one sees enough worth in me to initiate conversation or ask me to do shit with them to the point where I feel like a fucking outcast with my friends, why should I bother with anything?
>>
>>25330704
you can't be sure what other people are thinking, you're not a mind-reader, they all have intricate lives and their own problems...you're not an 'outcast' you're a person just like everyone else..no one is 100% any label...maybe sometimes you aren't at the center of things with your friends but that doesn't make you any worse of a person...other peoples approval != your worth as a human being.. bother doing things that you are interested in because you like them, study found that people with an interest are happier
>>
I have no interests or hobbies and everything makes me bored and tired.

I think I've surmised that the only thing I want in life is to be really loved by someone, but I don't offer anything to make someone want to love me. My feelings of affection have never been reciprocated by anybody, and that's all I want. I would be fucking homeless if I just had someone to be homeless with.
>>
>>25330557

Since I was little, I have always asked, "Why?".

It became an obsession. It amazed me how each answer only spawned so many more questions.

I have a enormous vivid detailed mind map of how everything connects in this world, from the theory of a combustion engine to international relations. I read new books everyday and always expand upon this. I always pick up new books which I believe may hold answers.

Yet what frightens me the most is that, nothing is concrete. Nothing is absolute. All knowelge is based on the unknowable, based on faith.

Sure, you could argue from the materialist standpoint that everything is real that you can see and quantify, however that's be hypocritical for that you're trusting your own senses that they deliver a accurate objective perception of the world. Nobody can for sure know what they are seeing is truly there. Dreams excacerbate this notion.

All answers eventually lead to subjectivity, through a twilight zone connecting the realms of subjective and objective. In the end, its all a game of faith.

Meanwhile, I've always been calculating things like this like a madman, I've been researching, trying to find answers, while my peers have never dedicated a thought to existence at all. And they are happy.

Through my cold calculations, I've lost almost all emotions except for satisfaction and achievement. I want to know what love is, but I simply can't.
>>
>>25330557
is it just you making these lucy threads over the years?
>>
>>25330863
you need to be happy by yourself first, having your happiness dependent on another person is going to not attract other people, fear not, its very achievable anon. the first part makes it seem like you are depressed so i imagine you're having more depressed thoughts than just this but your idea of your worth as a person should be independent of other peoples idea of your worth....peoples approval/love/affection != your worth, you are a totally acceptable and worthy person (yes, even with all your imperfections) just as you are (its true), you have to accept yourself with all your imperfections, those imperfections don't make you any less of a person...you are totally ok just as you are with or without another person desu senpai
>>
>>25330557
>therapy
>logic

'lol how can you be sure tho' != logic.
>>
>>25331030
>'lol how can you be sure tho' != logic.

In fact, holy shit, even knowing the nature of the brainwashing that is therapy, this post was a shot in the dark before I read the thread... and here it fucking is:

>>25330658
>you can't predict the future, maybe one day you'll change, you never know for sure 100%...you aren't a fortune-teller

>>25330817
>you can't be sure what other people are thinking, you're not a mind-reader

Even down to lack of capitalization. Therapists are so predictable in their hamfisted anti-intellectualism.
>>
>>25330924
can't tell if srs but
you should look up the idea of impermanence and what the buddhists say about it
>>
>>25330924
>All answers eventually lead to subjectivity

No. You are just a religious person who WANTS to reach the conclusion of 'all is subjective, nothing can be known' because it relieves you from the responsibility to learn -- and defend in public the notion of -- objective truth.
>>
>>25331030
you literally cannot be 100% sure that things will go as you expect them too can you? thats a logical statement

>>25331087
>being this judgemental
there was a study that showed that the lonelier a person is the more judgemental they are. does my lack of capitalization make me a lesser person than you? is every therapist a 'hamfisted anti-intellectual'? 100%? seems like you are labeling people and no one is 100% a certain label or stereotype/idea that you have in your head and are 'hamfisted anti-intellectuals' completely awful people in all regards? all or nothing thinking/labeling
>>
>>25330557
I dont have a reason to live
I dont have enough of a reason to kill myself either
>>
>>25331129
I never argued for moral relativism or to say "hurr 2+2=5 in some people's opinion". While there are many established truisms in science, and math, you have to look in the bigger picture.

While there are objective rules that govern our lives, what created them?

People are continually discovering more about what reality entails, people are always learning new ways to manipulate it.

Yet what does it really boil down too? As quantum physics has shown, a particle can be in two places in once when its in a state known as superposition. If reality is this malleable, just where does objective end and subjective begin?

>tl:Dr look beyond the realm of human achievements and discoveries.
>>
>>25330694
> stop thinking about thing that made me sad
> feel better
> thought of it comes rushing back into my head
> sad
> desperately trying to rationalize it away
> it keeps yelling over me and making me sad

We all get this from time to time.
>>
>>25330557
No one has ever loved me. My parents were relatively cold towards me when they weren't trying to win me over so that they didn't have to pay child support. Outside of them, I have never been in a relationship with anyone. I am at the point where I'm really not sure what love is and what it's supposed to feel like, my closest guess is what they show on tv or movies.
>>
>>25331102
The notion that this moment is the only thing that exists is interesting.

However, how can this moment be the only thing that matters when the present can be utilized to improve the future?
>>
>>25331280
this is not how it works
>events
>you think about these events
>your thoughts lead to emotions

if you think more correctly about the events than you will have better emotions

its not
>stop thinking about thing that made u sad
its
>think correctly about thing that made u sad
>>
>>25331307
sorry to hear about that, you're gonna have to forgive your parents....the thing is, people are very imperfect some more than others, that doesn't make them worthless human beings though. you'll have to accept their flaws (no matter how fucked up they are) and how they treated you and you'll have to accept how you are now. everyone in the world is fucked up in some way, no one is 100% a perfect human being.. also, they couldn't have been 100% pure fucking evil, there had to have been SOME things that they did that were ok, you are still alive and seem to be somewhat functioning...and really youre not entitled to shit, theres no real concept of 'fair' in the world so be happy that you're at least where you are now...try to remember some positives from them too...also, life won't always go how you want it to and you have to accept that too...if something doesn't go how you want it to then its not an unbearable horrible situation, in fact its quite bearable seeing as how you would be bearing it...you haven't been in a relationship with anyone, well thats ok, you are still a worthwhile and acceptable person even with all your fuckedupedness aka imperfections....everyone has that and there is a ridicufuckinglous amount of people on earth...i'd try to focus on being alright with yourself and yes even 'loving' yourself despite not knowing what it is...as cliche as it is you need to do that first before you will get a relationship....and its not that horrible of a thing to not have been in a relationship or have deep feelings for someone....you are not a 'loser' because of this you are a 'person', just like everyone else, and you happen to be a certain way
>>
>>25331200
>100%?

Therapists are so cute when they strawman.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 411x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 411x387
>>25330579

Cock and balls torture is what I thought too.

Computer based training is the other.
>>
>>25331578
i don't know what you're getting at m8, how am i strawmanning
>>
>>25331530
I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, I have already realized my parents are people that have flaws and I have forgiven them. I was just giving context as to how I am not loved, as most people would jump to "oh, but I bet he family loves you" thing.
I am not sure about me a worthwhile and acceptable person. I mean, it's very plausible, but I have no evidence support the notion that I am or could ever be that.
You say that loving myself first is important when entering a relationship, but I would just like to reiterate that I don't know what love is. As in, I literally don't understand it to the point that if there weren't so many people to attest to it being real, I would not believe it was. So I guess my question is how exactly do I love myself? What does that entail?
>>
Teenage Runaway. No family, a few friends. But nobody cares if I live or die. Not afraid of death but I don't want to be alone forever. Thats why I live in hope of a better life.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.