[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else in or applying to law school here? How was your 1/2/3L,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: LSAC-no-matte.png (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
LSAC-no-matte.png
84 KB, 500x500
who else in or applying to law school here?

How was your 1/2/3L, what are your stats, have you submitted your apps, where do you want to go, where have you heard back from, etc.

currently applying myself, hitting about half of the t14, aiming for schools in the 4-8 range.
>>
>>25329631

>law school

whyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>25329671
because i dont want to be a neet or a wagekek
>>
>>25329728

so why would you throw your life away like this?
>>
currently at the university of michigan
>>
Undergrad here
I have a 3.7 gpa in community college but it is one in a pretty wealthy county outside of DC. Next semester is my last here
Trying to transfer to UVA and then apply to UVA law once I have my bachelors
Gonna start studying for LSAT over the summer.
>>
enjoy crushing debt and NOJOBS except as an underpaid temporary law clerk
>>
>>25329797
best way i can think of to throw away my life

>>25329821
nice. im applying there. how do you like it?
>>
>>25329948
>>25329797
shitty memes desu

if you go to a top 10 law school and finish with good grades you are guaranteed to be rich for my life

t. recent grad working corporate law after graduating from t-10
>>
3L, got a 155, go to a shitty third tier school and hoping I will pass the bar. I spent way too much time on my hobbies and shitposting this year
>>
>>25329986

ok, if you go to a top 10 and not a generic noname law school.

going to a top 10 is a given. also the field you specialize in as a lawyer determines your pay and hire-ability.
>>
>>25330026
>>25329916
good luck bros

>>25329986
which one desu
can you comment at all on your experience?
>>
>>25330211
I would rather not, since I think people know I browse here and my class is very small. all I will say is if I could do it all over, I would choose the tier II I got into also, despite the lower scholarship that made it more expensive
>>
>>25330320
I say this because my school has a serious lack of upper-level courses and some very shitty professors with shit grading. I did better in my doctrinal classes than in electives
>>
>>25329631
YLS 1L reporting in. Good luck, robots.
>>
>>25330437
holy shit, what were your stats? urm?

>>25330357
this makes sense. i feel this way in undergrad desu.
>>
>>25330765
Superior, >175, average/above average softs. I'm not a URM.

The way LSAC evaluates international transcripts is bs.
>>
>>25329631
>am an underemployed 28 year old loser that lives with his parents
>last real "victory" was earning my BA in political science and graduating with honors (3.69 GPA)
>tired of being a nobody and making no money.
>wanted to prepare for the lsat, take the lsat, and apply to law schools
>got talked out of it by my psychologist
>Disagree with his reasons why I shouldn't waste my time applying to law school, but I do realize I probably wouldn't get into any good schools because I have no internships, no law related work experience, and no strong letters of rec. I'm also white and male.
>>
>>25330948
i basically have a 4.0, but fukt up on my lsat and scored 170. hoping schools outside of hys will give me a fair shake

>>25330995
dude fuck your therapist. take the lsat at least. applying isnt that hard and at worst you'll be down $300 bucks (assuming ur not broke enough to get fee waivers). Just apply to a school below ur stat level and you will probably get merit based financial aid. It's worth trying honestly. It could at least give you a sense of purpose for a while.

Being white and male doesn't really seem to count against law school applicants except at places like Berkeley.
>>
I have a 2.9 GPA but fucked up on the LSAT and only scored 168, and am a URM (I'm Puerto Rican). How fucked am I?
>>
Anyone else write the December 5th LSAT?

Is it just me or was it way fucking harder than the average 70 series test? I was scoring 168-173 on every LSAT numbered higher than 60, and at the end of the actual sitting I felt like I'd completely fucked everything up and got a 160 at best.
(Fuck you, office picking guys, you don't get to pick your own fucking office - you're just plebs, who cares what office you want? FUCK YOU)
>>
>>25331342
I planned on spending $2000 of my wageslave earnings on a prep class. That's about 1/6 of my annual earnings.

I know LSAT scores are good for 5 years, so I feel like it might motivate me to get out there and try to get an internship or DO SOMETHING if I got a good score. On the other hand, if I got a mediocre score, I might fall back into despair.
>>
>>25331372
idk, read up on how to burnish your app as a splitter. urm helps, try to get up to a 3.0, it's better to look at.

>>25331392
i took october and got absolutely fucked by the third logic game. i set it up wrong and missed like 4. if i hadnt done that i would have been around my pt average of 174ish.
>>
>>25331410
prep class probably isnt worth, buy the powerscore bibles and take practice tests desu.
>>
>>25331453

The December one had a question type they haven't used in ten years or some shit. I'd actually looked up how to do it as a sort of last-minute prep the night before but I still fucked it up. Oh well.
>>
>>25331477
I feel the only way I would study my ass off would be by taking a class. Paying all that money would motivate me to study as hard as possible.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.