[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>autists always talking about how they're gonna use guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: p161663890-5.jpg (553 KB, 1100x755) Image search: [Google]
p161663890-5.jpg
553 KB, 1100x755
>autists always talking about how they're gonna use guns and kill normies/themselves
>9/10ths of the board is firearm-illiterate and knows nothing of the joy of gun ownership
You all already look like crazy nutjobs, why not at least take up a hobby that empowers you and scares the idiots away?
>>
I have 7 guns and that feel when no gf
>>
>>25327748
what's your arsenal?
>>
>>25327766
3006 r700
10/22
mossin carbine
cd 20 gauge auto
rough rider .22/mag revolver
cz75 compact 9mm
wasr underfolding ak47
>>
>tfw psych inpatient for depression two years ago
>can't protect my home because I can't buy a gun

Welp.
>>
>>25327870
just wait til next year, the next major medical journal is set to diagnose "wanting a firearm" as a medical disorder
>>
>>25327870
Was it a self check-in? If so, you can buy a gun senpai.
>>
>>25327704
They're all overpriced as fuck and the permit to carry costs even more. I could make one, but I would want it as a comfort, and how could it be when so highly illegal. Plus mine would look more cool, because I hate tradition and it'd be personal with it being diy, and it'd make me feel independant too.
>sigh
>>
>>25327949
>They're all overpriced as fuck and the permit to carry costs even more
maybe if you live in some shithole fascist country like California
>>
>>25327704
I have no guns, but I've shot with friends and rentals a ton, to the point where friends who buy their first gun come to me to teach them how to shoot and clean it.

I enjoy using them to poke holes in paper and make pieces of metal ring loudly, and as cool mechanical objects full of history and engineering, and that's about it.
>>
File: 1409705724537.jpg (20 KB, 361x330) Image search: [Google]
1409705724537.jpg
20 KB, 361x330
>>25327704
im 18 years old and live in Massachusetts, and from what I understand it's pretty difficult to get one here

am i old enough to get all the permits? who do i go to to get them?

i just want to buy a nice big bolt action rifle to shoot
>>
>>25327987
https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/
>>
>>25327870
ugh, this shit.

>get in stupid fight one Friday night
>somebody calls the cops
>cop that shows up is a guy I know, he 5150s me instead of making me sit in jail all weekend
>get released with a clear bill, aside from very minor depression
>Was technically there for more than 72 hours, making it a 5250

Fucking California won't let me buy a gun unless I go to court and spend a shitload of cash to get my rights restored, despite the fact that I was found to have no mental health issues.

I'm just going to wait until I move out of this state in a couple of years and buy one then.
>>
>>25328013
actually, your laws are pretty fucked up, this might help
http://goal.org/masslawpages/masslawsfid.html
so you don't need an FID for simple rifles or shotguns, but you do need a license for "high powered" long guns or handguns
>>
>>25328052
it's not worth even trying to buy anything in California man
>>
>>25327967
>Florida
>no less than 500 for good handgun (I've read)
>Permit probably cost a little more
>my tablet plus keyboard, new, was 46 plus tax
>my last car I bought for 300
I actually could go get a used glock for a hundred at a pawn shop, but people tell me to go to a gun show instead, for a cheap gun, but you have to pay just to get in. So no thx. And it's not like the pawn shop is going to help you carry the thing.

And really, where I live there are only cops, and I walk everywhere for being poor, and I hate the sun, so I'd just get it confiscated, not like they'd give it back, and then keeping it is a best case scenario. So all in all, there is no reason to have one if I am only ever attacked by a cop, because yeah. And an exit bag would be better, there's that too.
>>
>>25327704
Nice projections you fucking retard.
>>
I like shooting guns but it's way too expensive for me to buy my own and pay for ammo and range fees
>>
>>25328091
Not entirely true (ie I could get the same AR here as anywhere else, and just take the bullet button off after moving) but yeah, the selection is somewhat limited, everything's overpriced, ammo is a bitch, etc.

I've been meaning to file papers with the ATF and see exactly what my status is, since it's unclear whether I can or can't buy a gun. (I was in for over 72 but it may still qualify as a 5150, and it was almost 10 years ago so that should be long off my record if so.) If I'm in the clear, I'm planning on buying a "scout" style .308 boltgun, which I think would be fun (especially since there's a range near me with targets up to 700yd), economical to shoot, and isn't affected by any CA bullshit.
>>
>>25328234
>no less than 500 for a good handgun
what? Good handguns cost start at like 300, even less if you buy used and aren't stupid
>>
>>25328889
Depends where you are.

Here in CA, a Glock or M&P is close to $500, and they're about as cheap as I'd buy.

I'm a SIGfag and saving for a 226, though, but those shits are like 1k here.
>>
>>25328889
In the pawn shops 90 percent of them cost 300+ and they're used, obviously, so the world sucks for some people. Never even bothered thinking about the ammo. But:
>300 for gun
>800 for concealed weapons permit
>50 for ammo
>cop gonna take it anyway odds are
Not worth my time.
>>
>>25327704
If I was able to get a gun I would not hesitate to kill myself f.am
>>
>>25329247
>800 for concealed weapons permit
>cop gonna take it anyway odds are
where in the actual fuck do you live that the ccw permit is just short of a thousand dollars and the police illegally remove firearms from people?
>>
>tfw no revolver
>>
>>25329759
I know this feel, really want to pick up something classic like OP's pic as a police trade-in
>>
If I had a gun I would only get to use it once, the only use I have for a gun is self destruction

No thanks man. Guns are too much responsibility for me. You can keep them.
>>
>>25327987
Cuck state

fuck the entire east coast

love,

Arizona
>>
>>25329832
I want a .357 Blackhawk as my next gun. In black with a 6" barrel.
>>
>>25329975
>In black
you mean blued
>>
>>25329726
>>25329726
>takes guns away from people
No, cops go on gut feelings, and if I walk around all night in FL, as a poor person with no job and a firearm is one me? They'll take it into evidence for probable cause, and there it will remain for a couple forevers, if a cop doesn't just keep it. I have heard of them stealing around here from people, and with me being a robot and all, yeah, they may charge me with murder to close a case, as I have heard that happens too, to avoid being so behind in investigations.

On the other hand it would be fine, but still, there are no niggers with all of these no fun alloweds around.

And they call our sherrif criminal. Whatever though because when you are the law you are above it. Don't move to this literal evil empire.

On the bright side though, they give the indigent free health care and free bus rides, so horray for being a robot NEET. And my Interet box was rented from a fucken library. It is a very strange place.
>>
They're working on fixing the law so that people on antidepressants cannot own firearms. That may mean that 90% of this board might be affected.
>>
>>25330169
You are so paranoid it's crazy. If you have the legal paperwork for your handgun CCW/OC the police literally cannot take your weapon away without detaining you or arresting you.
The police might be shitty in your area, but if they take away your gun illegally you have grounds for a piss easy police brutality case that would fuck with their department and they know that.
>>
>>25330205
Some cops have their favorite movie in their heads, called the Untouchables. Maybe you don't know what people are, but if there's crime and they can't stop it, they won't play by those rules of yours. There's an opiate problem here, and during the night I have even been offered some along with coke, and I live in nofunland, so it's got to be bad. They'd want to think I was the thug behind it all. I mean really, a law suite. From someone too poor for a lawyer? They can profile that just by looking at me.
>>
>knows nothing of the joy of gun ownership
I'll have you know I have a pretty neat Nerf gun that I use to shoot at birds and bats in the middle of the night.
Even firing those things feel satisfying, no wonder people go crazy over guns. You just pull the trigger and fun happens!
>>
>>25330411
>actually hitting the bat
How? Do you wait for them to land? When they do circles around me I can't even keep my eyes on where they went.

I guess you are the one.
>>
>>25330356
United States federal law guarantees you a lawyer at tax expense if you can't pay for one yourself.
I mean, I get what you're saying, there are definitely areas of the country where I wouldn't trust the police, but what you're saying is just so against basic common sense it sounds unrealistic.

That said, if you really do live in an area like that, you definitely need to be consolidating your money to GTFO, not for buying funs.

>>25330411
so why haven't you upgraded to airshit, or even a little 10/22 plinking rifle?
>>
>>25330582
I did not mention the free lawyer thing because it's pretty much a lie, meaning they do jack shit for you. And I live with my parents and am a forever NEET, like previously stated, so yeah.... Thanks for the advice, but advice usually does jack too, unless you don't know anything ahead of time, and my cup is full over here.
>>
>>25330490
I never said I hit them. I just shoot at them. I don't think I've ever landed a shot on a bat.
I once hit the elbow of a loli from nearly 20 metres away, that was pretty cool. We high-fived and everything.
>>
>>25328460
Get an 80 percent lower and drill it out. All Californians should have at least one.
>>
Hello FBI
Nice to see you plan ahead
>>
>>25327704
>let's have edgy faggots who daydream about shooting people take up shooting guns for real
great idea m8
>>
>>25332258
if I took everything edgy faggots posted seriously I'd be on tumblr
>>25332222
Nice quadruples but I'm ATF actually ;D
>>
Must suck having a micropenis, OP
>>
>>25332510
>everyone who owns firearms has a small penis
This is clearly 100% medically accurate
>>
>>25332557
Well they're compensating for something if they literally have fantasies about killing blacks and Mexicans all day.
How much do you want to bet OP is a Trump supporter?
>>
I have an appointment to see a psychiatrist in 2 weeks to talk about my (in my opinion) non-severe anxiety problems. I don't know if I will end up diagnosed with anything as a result of my visit.

If I go willingly, will I still be able to buy a gun in California?
>>
>>25332578
>Well they're compensating for something if they literally have fantasies about killing blacks and Mexicans all day.
And you're getting that from where, exactly?

>>25332586
As long as you're not admitted for mental issues, I don't believe it will. Not sure about California's laws in regards to medical prescriptions though, but I'm sure you can find that online

But really, California's gun laws are so fucked it's hardly worth caring about
>>
>>25332664
By "admitted" do you mean hospitalized for psychiatric reasons? I don't think I'm that bad.

And is mentioning an interest in guns for historical reasons during my visit not a good idea?
>>
>>25332664
Because every time you see a gunowner they're always a hick who REALLY gets defensive about their guns. There's some underlying insecurity there.
>>
>>25332699
>Because every time you see a gunowner they're always a hick who REALLY gets defensive about their guns

>literally every single person who owns gun is a backwater hick
Salty liberal tears detected
it's even funnier since the exact people you just described are actually HATED by the non-retarded firearms community.

Why do you post when you have no idea what you're talking about?
>>
>>25332687
Given that you're in california I don't know how they'll react, but honestly you don't have any reason to bring up your interest in firearms.

Do a little bit of research online first to make sure you aren't screwing yourself up.
>>
>>25332912
It's in the event they ask for "hobbies" and shit.

I can always lie and claim I have none.
>>
>>25332924
just say you're interested in history, no need to be ultra specific. I sincerely doubt your interest in matchlocks is contributing to your depression.
>>
>>25332944
I know the reason for my anxiety. The only issue is that it is someone else, and if they take it the wrong way they could restrict me from owning guns as a precaution.
>>
>>25332961
again, just do some research as to the specific laws in your state regarding mental health, etc.
>>
>>25332174
As I mentioned before, I'm already planning on it.

I don't even need to do it the ghetto drill way, I'm going to have access to a real CNC machine soon.
>>
>>25327870
>>25328052

you know you can buy guns on Facebook right?

if not in your state, there's guaranteed to be some state around you that allows simple person-to-person sales

>tfw Tennesseefag
>tfw i look at people's Colts and Sigs about once a week in facebook gun groups, trying to talk myself into buying one for $200 or some shit
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.