[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you all here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: com.png (166 KB, 525x295) Image search: [Google]
com.png
166 KB, 525x295
This is going to be rather long so I'll start off with a bit about myself.
I'm a white fairly good looking 19 year old male in uni for cs who's been lurking here for over half a year now and I want to have a serious discussion about the well being of the people on here and why I think everyone should consider leaving or at least a long break.
Many of you are actually decent people who like me suffer from social anxiety or depression and likely feel dissatisfied with the things around you. Now some of you are terrible people too but I'd still argue that leaving could do you good.

First off think about this board, why it exists, it's current use, and why.

Like others this is an anonymous message board intended for people to communicate and share ideas, but this board has become so biased and ridiculous negative view are being tossed back and forth. Now I get that a lot of it is just stupid memes but think about the effects of saying things like "all girls between the ages of 20 and 30 sleep with an average of 15 men". This is blatantly false, at least in the U S. From any normal human being's standpoint this statement is laughable, but when it's tossed around so frequently some actually start believing because they're too disconnected from reality to realize just how stupid it is. In the worse cases people even start looking for examples to confirm their biased. Finding cases of a woman being a whore doesn't justify thinking they all are, especially if you're making an active or even subconscious effort to find these specific cases, I could just as easily find similar cases with men. If you want to see what people are really like you have no choice but to get to know them in real life. If you meet 100 different girls in one week do you honestly believe more than half have casual sex? Unless you live in a shitty part of a big city where this type of behavior Is incredibly common the answer is probably no.
>Will continue
>>
>>25327022
>ITT failed normies blox
>>
>>25327022
So knowing the psychological impact this place can have on you why come?

So let's say your a nice but awkward guy with self esteem issues. You feel bad in real life so you come here to whine about it and either get insulted in response, validated by other mentally unstable people, or more likely both.
You will only become more bitter and resentful because not only are you reminded of what bothers you but others with issues are pushing theirs on you as well. None of this will improve you as a person, make you more comfortable around people, or any happier. So why stay here?

And for those of you who are shitty people with alcohol or drug addiction, mental issues, sex obsessions, etc... what do you hope to gain. Surrounding yourself with other people here will only make you an overall worse person and the stupid arguments you have won't change a thing. Sure you can argue that drugs are fun or those who don't use them are boring, but it's just a facade. In reality anyone who uses substances is somewhat aware of the negative impacts, and regrets starting. It's understandable to fear judgement but its necessary to finally begin improving yourself.

No matter which you are the reality is that even on the rare occasions that you manage a decent discussion with someone here that isn't derailed by memes your unlikely to ever get to know them. And even if you do find out who they are there is a significant risk that they aren't stable, because the kind of person who browses frequently enough to find someone they like probably has significant issues. So while there are exceptions for the most part you won't find anyone who is good for you and this whole community is toxic and encourages negative behavior and completely illogical and depressing beliefs. So I want to know why anyone stays here.
>>
File: 1450080875056.png (244 KB, 272x418) Image search: [Google]
1450080875056.png
244 KB, 272x418
>>25327022
>>25327357
You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.
Go to bed, Hachiman.
>>
>>25327022
I'm an semi-ugly black male(I cant be ugly, I'm 65% sure my oneitis likes me.) I originally came to 4chan from Imgur because I thought it was funny. This place is at times funny. I also like to know someone has it worse then me
>>
It's simple.
There is nothing else out there for me.
I've been to hugbox communities, social clubs, work meetups ect. And its all the same shit with the same people.

Id rather feed of the hatred here than be told white lies.
>>
autism the thread

with some tumblr bullshit thrown in there
>>
>>25327447
But can you really say that you manage to look at this board as just amusement. Don't you think it's changed you at all? It's pretty difficult to be exposed to something so many times and not let it alter your mentality.
>>
File: 1409031213771.jpg (23 KB, 302x335) Image search: [Google]
1409031213771.jpg
23 KB, 302x335
>unemployed
>oneitis is seeing another person
>tfw
>>
I do believe, that on top of being addicting as an outlet from reality, this place (4chan in general) has a negative effect on myself. I am definitely far less productive, as well as the side effects its had on my mental view of the world and my sexuality.

As a new years resolution, I'm going to try to give this place up. Or at least limit my time on here. I'm going to spend this extra time on exercise/productive hobbies instead of 4chan, vidya, and masturbating.
>>
Sorry 8man, I only skimmed that. For me it's basically:
>dysphoria over a bunch of different shit
>bitter
>closet faggot who just wants to get fucked up the ass
>don't like dealing with people
>>
>>25327487
That's the thing though, hugbox communities are just the nice version of this. Any community revolving around people sharing their emotional and psychological problems will be similar. If you have issues the last thing you need is to expose yourself to other's issues.
>>
>>25327022
I just come here when the other boards I frequent get boring. Only boards worth posting in are the occasional /adv/-tier ones where the robot seems to actually listen to what's said. And the comfy threads, those are nice.
>>
>19 year old

stopped reading
>>
>>25327549
I don't think there is anything wrong with games or fapping if it makes you happy. The issue with this site is that it generally makes you a more bitter, judgemental, and depressed person, and often doesn't bring any joy(this board especially).
>>
>>25327507
I dont think its changed me at all, I dont hate women like some of these guys
>>
The memes compel me to revisit this place daily. I come to 4chan for humor.
>>
>>25327557
The difference is though is that it is anonymous.
I don't have to commit to talking to people. People don't seek me out or invite me to group chats.
I can be nice one day and a total cunt the next and it doesn't matter.
And that's pretty liberating. Not having to worry about consequence.
>>
>>25327628
I don't think there is anything wrong with it either, in small amounts. But I spend nearly all of my free time doing these things, and its really affecting my productivity. As for masturbating, that's more of a personal thing. I don't thing there's anything wrong with it for the average person, but sexuality and libido are pretty fucked up, and I just want to avoid it until it hopefully gets to a point where my body "resets".
>>
Yes but how can you live with yourself knowing your gf has Chad's cum on her face and in her mouth?

Are you just a cuck OP?
>>
File: 1424991401624s.jpg (7 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1424991401624s.jpg
7 KB, 240x232
>I'm a white fairly good looking 19 year old male
Dropped.

The great wisdom of a teenage boy who barely have any pubes. I'm may be a NEET, but even I don't have time for this shit.
>>
>>25327674
>>25327022
i come to /r9k for rare pepe at the source
>>
>>25327688
Fair enough, I've been doing the same thing because I'm anxious over internships.
>>
>>25327706
Chad is a meme that you apply to anyone who you don't like or who's better than you. And a decent girl won't cheat, not that I wouldn't be careful anyway.
>>
>>25327357
fuck yeah just the way i like it this place bring the worse in people and that is what makes this place unique. if you dont like it then fuck off to your faggot christian reddit website.
>>
>>25327022
Shoo shoo normie shoo
>>
File: 1450637431113.jpg (24 KB, 534x443) Image search: [Google]
1450637431113.jpg
24 KB, 534x443
>>25327022
>I'm young! happy! good-looking! privileged!
>I'm a superior snowflake in /r9k/! I'm not like any of you!
>Everyone here so negative! I analyzed this board so well!
>After a few months I've concluded that this board is a bad influence!
>Everyone should leave! My suggestion will save you!
Wow OP... your newfaggotry went to a whole new level
I'm guessing this is bait but I'm going to reply to it anyway

First off, you've been here for 6 months. That's hardly any time for you to understand what is actually going on here. You are so unaware of this board culture that you have no idea why people come here.
Yet on the other hand, do you know what that makes you? It makes you one of us. You aren't any better than any of us.

Mostly anyone (including your friends and family) has had some form of depression, social anxiety, addictions, and/or fetishes. You just don't know it because it's something humans keep to themselves, except for on anonymous boards like these. And that's what you're seeing on this site. You're seeing anonymous people release their personal stress and sympathize and converse with others. You shouldn't go stereotyping everyone here like your world is any better.
>>
I agree with everything you've said.
the logic of this board is ridiculous. it makes me laugh.
you know, it kind of reminds me of the 7 commandments. all of these idiotic people following these rules and limiting themselves for made up reasons.
like the people on this board, not trying at anything because 'all women are whores' or literally anything else they've made up and stand by with everything they've got.
I come here simply because i'm a neet loser with no friends and there's nothing else to do. lazy and depressed. this board is funny sometimes, and this is the only place I know of that has so many neets and hopeless fucks doing nothing with their lives in one spot. it's nice to find other people to relate to and who understand.
at the same time, there are a lot of idiots here with dumb logic. but I disregard them.
the effect that this place has had on me has only made me more self conscious than I was prior to frequenting r9k. it hasn't done me much good, but it's entertained me at least.
>>
>>25327022
Not 100% sure, I just go here when I'm especially sad. I need to share my sadness with others and have them share theirs with me, gives me a sense of belonging. Thats why we hate normies so much you know, they invade the place where we can say things we couldn't otherwise.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.