[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does it feel to know that every generation from now on will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1414942526786.png (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1414942526786.png
20 KB, 640x480
How does it feel to know that every generation from now on will grow up with social media, smartphones and constant access to the Internet?
>>
>>25326931
I think about this a lot and I think it's detrimental to interpersonal relations in some ways but maybe I'm just an old codger.
>>
>>25326931
>there are channers browsing right now who have never used dial-up internet
>>
>>25326955
No. You are dead right.
>>
Taking advantage of their lack of creativity makes me money
>>
>>25327411
Actually shit, ya know I grew up in a house without a computer, and I always forget that and go straight to "muh dial up" wanking. That's kind of ridiculous, that our culture is so heavily digitized these days that I actually forget that in my childhood there was no computer in my house -- or in any other house on the block.

I remember getting our first computer (we had a typewriter before that, my mom used it sometimes I think), this was the early days when it was essentially just an email machine. We used it primarily to talk to my dad when he was on business trips (obviously cell phones weren't even conceived of yet at this point.)
>>
>>25327532
You're a tripfag, your entire identity is based around not having enough creativity to make all of your posts noteworthy unless a specific name is attached. How ironic.
>>
>>25327411
Hi. I'm not even underageb& anymore. I'm not sure what effect all of this has had on my brain, but it's done something.

I'm a characteristic fuck up of my generation.
>>
>>25327564
fucking rekt him m8
>>
>>25327569
You've never used dial-up? Shit, son.

Maybe it's rose-tinted glasses, but I think my childhood spent outdoors and playing with physical toys was far better than one spent in front of XStations and WiiS4's. But then again, I'm one of the rare ones who (apart from Cantonese knitting blogsites) doesn't really find amusement in anything computerized. Video games don't particularly amuse me, blogging fills me with cringe, reading online articles makes me feel like a retired fat fuck, even my pirated TV shows get old pretty quick.

If you're 'in' with it, then at least you fit in. I wish I could be like you (if that's the case) and honestly enjoy this digital era. Hell, I'm at the point where I'm looking for a place to settle down, and it's difficult because anywhere close enough to civilization to be realistic is close enough that modern sprawl will make it semi-urban within a generation or two. Plus, I realize that if I have kids they'll probably hate me for raising them in the middle of nowhere.
>>
File: kids-on-phones.jpg (172 KB, 480x306) Image search: [Google]
kids-on-phones.jpg
172 KB, 480x306
don't worry, the first attack of ww3 will involve taking out the infrastructure of our telecommunications companies and cellular providers
though that means 4chan will be gone too
>>
>>25327724
pic related f*cking PWNED rofl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm5A8VEEiDs
>>
>>25327411
Hearing the AOL login dial-up noise makes me feel weird now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHW1ho8L7V8
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.