[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do other people just -get- human interaction? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Why the fuck do other people just -get- human interaction? I'm over here condemned to a life of not picking up on the subtle, borderline ineffable social rules and being vaguely odd and everyone else just fucking -gets- it because they had a decent upbringing so no mental roadblocks ever built up that could impede their development of social intelligence and they had plenty of exposure to other kids and went out so they just naturally picked it up. Unlike me, grew up alone in a house constantly missing school and being neglected by my alcoholic father, my mom already having died when I was 7. I fucking hate life and this species. Scrutinous and pedantic towards everything and loving and understanding towards NOTHING.
>>
>>25326878
I feel you homie. Stay strong
>>
Ok.
So you know the problem.
You know what others did to achieve what you want.
But you refuse to take those steps because you rather wallow in your own self-pity.

I understand you have had a tragic upbringing, but you cannot let it ruin the rest of your life.
Go outside, talk to people, keep doing it till you feel comfortable. That is the only way.
>>
>>25326878
I'm no chad but I know that human interaction is about just forgetting your existence and responsibilities and thoughts, and just letting things flow.
>>
>>25326878
>because they had a decent upbringing
>mfw you answered your own question

not necessarily decent, but at least they weren't brought up with cold parents and siblings who barely pay attention to them except when they need to be disciplined
>>
>>25327101
this is true, but it's not the full story. it works for chad because he already has the right habits. he was developing them all his life. you (read: anyone who struggles with social awkwardness), on the other hand, spent your life learning to be like what you're like (that is to say, socially awkward). so "just b urself" really will seem like great advice to chad, but for you, requires a series of prerequisite steps.

>>25327034
this guy gets it. go outside, talk to people, observe, try to see what gets laughs, what makes people feel uncomfortable, what makes people like you or hate you. treat every interaction as a learning experience. you'll start to realize what you're doing wrong, and then in your next interaction try to change your behavior to match. it'll feel long and tedious at first, and you'll be tempted to give up, but if you stick with it you'll see the changes accumulate pretty quickly after that. anything that works, keep doing. anything that doesn't, analyze and test alternatives.

my experience with all this is that it was just like learning the guitar. you start out being incapable of strumming and you feel like a fucking moron holding this elegant contraption like a retarded baby. but if you stick with it and get over the early learning curve, you develop better awareness of what you're doing, and so you know what to practice. and once you've practiced enough, it's as easy as "being urself" in the end.
>>
Diagnosed autist here.

Normal people can read and understand each others' body language and the subtext in their words easily.

I cannot. But! I learned how to do it by rote. I practiced and spent time with people. And when I didn't understand I asked people to just use their words. Now I can mostly pass for normal.
>>
>>25326878
How do you think it feels for those of us who've had a decent upbringing and still are fucked? At least you have a valid excuse.
>>
>>25327548
is that really what you want? an excuse?

you know what an excuse is worth? fucking nothing.
>>
>>25327875
The thought of knowing that it's not entirely your fault is a good one to have.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.