[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is AdderalI XR or IR better? Specifically for someone who can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 600x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 600x419
Is AdderalI XR or IR better?
Specifically for someone who can't get high from it and has ADD
I'm prescribed to IR now and just don't like it anymore. At first it made me want to clean or study/do work and feel relaxed and after a while I just stopped getting that
If I try upping my dose (go from 20mg to 40mg) I just get anxious and end up getting up every 5 minutes to see what noises I heard downstairs were and can't sit still without feeling like something isn't wrong
It just doesn't cut it anymore and I've been using it every other day for about 3 months, from loving it to taking it so I can masturbate for a long time
I'll be seeing my doctor tomorrow and I'm trying to decide if I should try and change
>>
>>25326518
It's the same shit unless you want to get high in which case IR is way better. Ask them to give you something else like ritalin until your tolerance drops instead of upping the dose.
>>
>>25326518
careful you don't mess up your sleep schedule.
i go to sleep at 9-12am nowadays. exams start in about two weeks so i have to have it fixed by then.
i have no clue as to how to do that. because i already have difficulties falling asleep without benzos at 10am. go figure...
>>
>>25326518
Bump.

I'm on 20mg IR right now and I crash and get super depressed 5 hours after I take it. My ADHD is crippling and I need it to work but it just works like an antidepressant. Any robots have any other ADD meds work for them?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 578x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 578x413
>ITT retards fucking up there dopamine receptors
>>
>>25327882

It's either that or kill myself desu
>>
Look into Vyvanse. I never much like Adderall, but Vyvanse is smooth as fucking silk.
>>
I take 40mg of vyvanse but I go on breaks now. Why? Read on.

First of all, the whole "if you have ADD, you can't tell that you're on adderall" thing is a total myth. I've been the poster child for ADD my whole life-- I just love the feeling of speeding and getting a lot of shit done. I started with the drug not from a prescription but from friends. However, down the line, I got a prescription, and my relationship with the drug changed gravely.

It seems like you're in the paranoid phase of your amphetamine addiction, OP. You take the drug thinking that you're gonna get shit done, but then you just get paralyzed and anxious. It's horrible, and I feel for you.

My advice is to take advantage of the days during which you have very little to do: don't take adderall those days, and just fucking sleep. Even if you wake up feeling dead tired-- like you can't even leave the house without taking adderall-- just don't fucking take it. Drink a little bit when 5 o'clock rolls around and sleep some more. Do this until you're completely bored and are looking forward to taking the drug again so that you can get tons of shit done.

It's really, really important to take days off of the drug, or else your anxiety will just build and build and you'll have a fucking panic attack.

Maybe you could try vyvanse. It's more expensive than generic adderall, but you might experience less of a shock when you take it. I will warn you: my friends straight up don't like my vyvanse. I have a feeling that the anxiety is much more insidious with XR than IR. So exercise caution. Plus, you could always just open the capsule, dissolve half of it in water, and take that. Voila, you've lowered your dose (and preserved your stash).

signed

somebody who likes to read at least a book a day and who gets really upset when he encounters addy side-effects
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.