[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you drinking to curb your loneliness and despair? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: 1387784929299.png (57 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
1387784929299.png
57 KB, 600x434
What are you drinking to curb your loneliness and despair?

I've got some whiskey here.
>>
Peppermint tea because I drank myself into the goddamn psych ward in September and now I have to go to AA

Literally

Just
>>
>tfw only have 2 beers and about 200ml of shitty wine left
>tfw don't get paid till New Years
JUST
>>
'T Gaverhopke, some sort of Belgian Ale.

What whiskey you have Anon?
>>
>>25325449
Coffee cause I'm doing some math to distract me.

Just spend the past 2 hours perusing OKCupid, and I finally realize I'm not actually into artsy hipster chicks like I thought I was, really I'm just into boring studious chicks who drink sugar milkshakes from Starbucks and have okay relations with their parents.
>>
About to go to mcdonalds and get me a dr pepper to enhance my counter strike experience.
>>
I too am on the whiskey. Tastes like shit when you drink it in such quantities, but fuck it.
>>
File: r-CHEAP-BEER-600x275.jpg (84 KB, 600x275) Image search: [Google]
r-CHEAP-BEER-600x275.jpg
84 KB, 600x275
>>25325602
How was it? Did you suffer a psychosis or just go for some kind of AA or recovery program. I'm just curious. The longest I went was 5 months where I would get drunk every day after work and all day on the weekends. I then took a 4 month break (bootcamp) but have been recently picking up the bottle that I love so dearly. The one friend who has never let me down, alcohol. My last bar tab was $35 at applebees...anyway how was the psych ward and how is AA?

Pic related
>>
File: Frosty.jpg (54 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Frosty.jpg
54 KB, 960x960
>>25325449
I am going really high class tonight.
>>
I need to figure that out.

I'm out of everything, just need to put a sweater on and go down to the liquor store, but can't decide what to buy. I want beer, but I've been drinking too damn much lately and it's making me into a fatass, which doesn't exactly help with the self-esteem issues that put me on /r9k/ in the first place.

On the other hand, I don't feel like spending the kind of money it takes to get liquor that's worth drinking straight, so that means making cocktails, which is a pain in the ass in its own right.
>>
File: KD whiskey.jpg (11 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
KD whiskey.jpg
11 KB, 283x178
>>25325785
Are you on real whiskey or this poison? I've done a plethora of regrettable things with a friend like this lol
>>
File: barton-vodka.jpg (79 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
barton-vodka.jpg
79 KB, 250x350
>>25325816
Get one of these brobot! Cheap as hell and pretty tasteless. Grab a can of soda to chase it and just take pulls off the bottle till the pain is gone.
>>
>>25325803
>>25325803

I became acutely suicidal and very verbally abusive on the phone to someone, to the point that they called the police and ambulance to come get me.

Actually was given haldol (an antipsychotic) at the ER but it didn't do anything, so then they just knocked me out with ativan and Librium for 72 hours in the psych ward until I convinced them I wasnt suicidal. Which wasn't true but whatever. I was less agitated

Clean now 5 months, it sucks just as much as active drinking but it's a different and healthier suckage.

Ever since my depression got really bad I just can't get drunk without it turning into a multi-day bender...
>>
File: FG.png (103 KB, 194x521) Image search: [Google]
FG.png
103 KB, 194x521
>>25325829
On this shit, britfag so I'm not sure if you lads have it over there.
>>
>>25325813
https://www.facebook com/frostyjacksruinedmylife/

you'll love this, but there's no shame in getting frosty now and again, it's a good fucking buzz m8
>>
Im drinking cheap vodka tonight. Wondering why no one texted me back. Feeling rejected and worthless.
>>
What to drink that isn't whiskey/jack daniels?
Not a fan of Vodka or Lagers. Maybe wine?
>>
>>25325936
Get yourself some amaretto lad, drunk + sugar rush is best sensation.
>>
>>25325861
I like to sip on my drinks and have them taste decent, so no thanks.

I have half of a bottle of Russian Standard in my fridge right now too, but don't really feel like vodka. Maybe I'll go see if I have any OJ though.
>>
I'm drinking Jack tonight in memory of Lemmy. RIP in peace.
>>
>>25326146
I was gonna do the same thing.

Never had Jack though. Is it closer to Maker's or to Wild Turkey?
>>
>>25325449
peppermint tea
>>
Wine, plebs
>>
File: sweet-red.png (124 KB, 174x633) Image search: [Google]
sweet-red.png
124 KB, 174x633
>>25325873
I haven't heard of it but ya the shit I posted is bottom of the barrel blended whiskey lol. Horrible stuff but it does the job. At least the stuff you posted seems to come in a glass bottle. All the cheap shit here comes in plastic. Although it's kind of nice because when you get too fucked up and drop the bottle on the sidewalk or floor it wont break.

>>25325870
I know the feels. I used to be a social drinker a few years ago and be pretty good about cutting myself off but lately I've been dealing with hella depression and boredom. It seems I"m not happy unless I'm drunk and the temptation to go on a multi day bender is real...except for the fact the last time I went on a five day morning till I pass out bender the hangover was fucking awful.

>>25325936
Pic related. Barefoot is ok when it's on sale at walmart for four or five bucks....sometime there is some even cheaper bottles at gas stations. I know the gas station I used to live next to sold wine at $3.33 a bottle. I spent plenty of nights alone after work on live jasmine spending my money and getting fucked up on webcam with the fucking romanian cam girls lol....Of course if you have like 12 or 15 bucks just get a wine cooler and rock and roll.
>>
>>25325870
Anon who went to AA before here,

Try to just pretend to do what they say, they force you to be uber religious and shit.
>>
>>25325873
Famous Grouse isn't all that uncommon in the US, but I've never bought it. There are drinkable single malts that can be had for $10 more or so and I usually go with those instead.
>>
File: 1426286253228.jpg (87 KB, 568x600) Image search: [Google]
1426286253228.jpg
87 KB, 568x600
>Three beers in
>Browsing dating site
>Mustering up courage to talk to these women without fucking up my grammar

Why are they so fucking scary and mean looking? I can feel the loathing off of their profile pictures that just say stay away.

I cant keep doing this shit, I'm setting myself up every tsingle time.
>>
just finishing up a bottle of 'glen moray' whisky from christmas while listening to 'fade into you' and thinking about a cute girl who looked at me in a way i'll probably never forget

how very, very sad, i apologise wholeheartedly for my existence; death is incredibly embarrassed by my life
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.