[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How /completelyignorant/ here? Post basic knowledge that you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 28
File: idiot.png (257 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
idiot.png
257 KB, 848x480
How /completelyignorant/ here? Post basic knowledge that you don't have

>have absolutely not a clue about politics
>words like democrat/republican/left wing/right wing/Trump/etc have absolutely no meaning to me
>don't understand how taxes work
>I couldn't fix a broken chair if my life depended on it
>literally no knowledge of history, I think WW2 started when in 1941 by marcians, by thats about it
>>
>>25325344
>a broken chair
what a weird choice of item

you just like, make the legs equal height

also yukko is not an idiot s m h
>>
File: 1450224427967.jpg (60 KB, 1000x964) Image search: [Google]
1450224427967.jpg
60 KB, 1000x964
>>25325344
>know literally JACKSHIT about economics and the financial system
>studying economics
>>
>>25325399
Yukko a baka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcQFBdLNvZU
>>
I want to fuck Yuuko.
>>
>only listen to obscure genres and osts
>had very little exposure to conventional music
>can't name or distinguish popular or classic songs
>don't know the words to anything
>don't even know the names of the Beatles
>>
>>25325344
>know lots about electricity and linux
>know literally nothing about literally anything else
>can't hold a job in the only area I know anything about
not completely ignorant but damn close
>>
>>25325344
>>have absolutely not a clue about politics
>>words like democrat/republican/left wing/right wing/Trump/etc have absolutely no meaning to me

I know about this shit, and you know what?

You're better off being ignorant.

>should learn how to fix a chair
>and some history...it's cool
>>
File: yukko.jpg (469 KB, 946x1200) Image search: [Google]
yukko.jpg
469 KB, 946x1200
>>25325499
selamat pagi
>>
>>25325344
>I don't listen to music outside of things I stumble upon. (mostly Japanese)
>cannot name any artist/albums/sport teams.
>haven't watched a new movie in 10 years.
>no idea how social media works.
>no idea how IRC or any other chat thing works.
>no friends since being born and 22 years counting.
>No idea why people drive when you can run and use public transport.
>can't do anything handy to save my life.
>No idea why people like steam or other services like that.
>No idea why people have no money.
>No idea why people get addicted to substances.
>No idea why people like sex.
>>
File: 1350242071207.jpg (32 KB, 296x288) Image search: [Google]
1350242071207.jpg
32 KB, 296x288
>>25325344

I don't know how to make friends.
>>
>>25325517
that's called being patrician
>>
File: 1451357508017.jpg (68 KB, 776x723) Image search: [Google]
1451357508017.jpg
68 KB, 776x723
>>25325344
I have absolutely no idea how people get jobs
Have absolutely no idea why people like to talk
>>
>>25325517
What kind of osts?
>>
>>25325728
>I don't listen to music outside of things I stumble upon. (mostly Japanese)

Literally me, it sucks cause i'm afraid people will judge me if i listen to music in public.
>>
File: 1436643077155.jpg (89 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
1436643077155.jpg
89 KB, 706x706
no basic life skills rolling through

>18
>dont know how to rent an apartment
>dont know how to pay a bill
>dont know how to send stuff in the mail
>don't know how to buy stuff off the internet
>don't know how to make a cup of coffee
>don't know how to change oil in a vehicle
>don't know how to do laundry properly, just throw detergent and clothes in and let er rip
>can't back up in a car without looking out the back window, cant use the mirrors

theres probably more im forgetting
>>
>>25326157
>18
wow its nothing
wait till you get to 25
>>
File: 1446766895134.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1446766895134.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>25325450
>in economic debate
>"that's not how economics works, anon! It works this way..."
>economics works
>opinion discarded
>>
File: 1428787082257.jpg (38 KB, 612x667) Image search: [Google]
1428787082257.jpg
38 KB, 612x667
how do people get into politics? where do i start?

i only have this vague idea that the right is the bible thumpers and rednecks and richfags and the left is the common people and students
>>
>>25326157
Most is not too bad but how can you not now how to use a mirror?
>>
>>25326343
Same, except i think of hippie pot smoking losers when i think of liberals.
>>
>>25326343
there are just as many richfags on the left as there are on the right, don't let them fool you
>>
>>25325344
>don't understand how taxes work

Me. First year on my own, also first year I've kept a job for more than 10 months. I know tax season is coming up, but how the fuck does that work? I thought my taxes were taken out of my paycheck already. Do I have to pay more? Do they send paperwork to my house?

I'm 23
>>
>>25326343
The left wants your mom to get fucked by niggers and the right doesnt, it all boils down to that.
>>
>>25326429
I also would like to know this.
>>
>>25326407
i just dont feel comfortable looking in the mirrors, always paranoid that im going to hit something and i have to look with my own eyes

my dad has a business and pulls a trailer, i cant back that thing up for shit
>>
File: 1451239600031.jpg (36 KB, 606x540) Image search: [Google]
1451239600031.jpg
36 KB, 606x540
>>25326435
and are posts like these i always see serious? is it just some guy avvvin a giggle and shitposting or do people really believe this jew master plot cuck shit?
>>
>>25326465
Just do what I did anon, and get a huge fucking rearview mirror. They sell them for old people, but I love having it. I never have to look over my shoulder whilst driving
>>
>>25326486
I wonder who could be behind this post...

it's probably a jew
>>
>>25326513
no really, im a white dude living in the suburbs, i just want clarification on what are memes and what arent
>>
>>25326462
I dont know about the US but generally a certain percentage depending on your income is taking from your paycheck every month, then you need to fill out lots of paperwork by the end of the year and send it back to the department, they check it and maybe you get some money back or you paid not enough and gotta pay it afterwards.
>>
>>25325344
Can I warm up my car and leave my keys in the ignition, then proceed to close the door and walk back inside? I'm always scared that my car will lock and my car will be left on while i'm locked out.

>>25326429
answer this too pls.
>>
>>25326563
Probably not too different from Canada, thanks robot.
>>
>>25326529
You want me to be COMPLETELY honest with you?
Dont vote at all and dont care, you will make no difference and only get angry, the left wants to replace you with shitskins and the right wants to enslave you and nuke other countries in the process, thats it.
>>
>>25326529
spend some time on /pol/ and it will all be explained
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 640x607) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 640x607
I'm 19 years old and I have literally no idea what the first step to going to college is.

I've looked for the colleges I want to go to do I have to send them a letter in advance or do I need to do a mandatory campus tour when sending out my application what exactly should be in there and where do I mail it too? Do most colleges have separate addresses? How would I sing up for classes and how do I pay the application fee?

Also I have no idea how to use Western Union or how to write checks.

I'm terrified of driving and I take the metro to my job.

Also I never took the SAT because my social autism prevented me from finding out how to sign up since I had to talk to my counselor and she was kind of mean and foreboding.

Also how do I pay taxes, I don't know what to do...

Pls help. Anybody pls help.
>>
>>25325344
Minus fixing the chair I dont know the same shit you dont OP.
That's great because those topic are fucking boring and I'll never dedicate the time to learn the shit.
Retarded euros had everything to do with those topics so is literally worthless information.

I know nothing about relationships or how to get into one with someone.
Dont know much about business/finance stuff. I dont even know what to call it that's how little I know. Lack of good parents AND a shitty school system fucked my shit up. I make sure to let my mom know how worthless I she is every time she tells me to do something I have no knowledge of.

Honestly I dont think I know anything outside of computers and making video games and I'm still novice at that.. Even my grammar is utter garbage. I still dont understand how commas work.
>>
>>25326157
Apartments and bill paying are pretty easy to learn. Banks make it pretty easy these days. The internet is your friend.
Look up how to address a letter, not that you're likely to need it.
How do you not know how to buy things on the internet? Are you talking about comparison shopping? If so just google the item you're looking for and look at several different sites you can buy it from and select the vendor with the lowest prices or the highest reliability rating (if that's available). Google the vendor name if you're unsure.
If you don't drink coffee you don't need to make it. It's easy if you have a machine though, they come with instructions.
Jiffy Lube exists for a reason. It's more expensive but I can't be assed to crawl around under my car.
You're already doing laundry properly. That's literally how you do it.
You're just not a confident enough driver, that'll come in time. You develop a sense of the space around your car as you gain experience.

You're really not that bad off anon. Pretty much all of this stuff can be learned by spending 5 minutes looking up instructions on the internet.
>>
>>25326710
I will try to help the best I can but im not from the US so I cant tell you everything.

For the college you should look up on their website or best call them and ask what they need for an application, here in Germany it can differ from major to major even.

I haven no idea, we are civilised and use oline banking but im sure if you ask your bank they will explain it to you?, I know how to fill out a check properly but dont know what Western Union is.

Your driving tests are one of the easiest, try making your test where everytime you do it wrong you gotta pay 400 dollar, just trust yourself, if driving was that hard nobody could do it.

I think you can take that one anytime, ive been told if I apply to some colleges in the US I have to take it too.

This should be the least of your worries - your boss kinda does it for you, why else do you think your paycheck is so low?
>>
>>25326710
Find a way to get rid of the anxiety quick or you'll keep falling farther and farther until you cant escape it. Weed might make it worse Some strands make it worse for me so if that were an option then proceed with caution.

I were in your position a few months ago. Its hell I know. Get that anxiety fixed asap friend
>>
File: 1409456811758.jpg (61 KB, 530x444) Image search: [Google]
1409456811758.jpg
61 KB, 530x444
>>25326863
>How do you not know how to buy things on the internet?

i do not have a bank acount, nor do i know how to make one, and i dont know how to turn my cash monies into internet monies to buy stuff
>>
>>25326912
>go to bank
>tell them you need to open an account and have never done so before
>get checking account, savings account optional

There you go
>>
File: 1448229553166.jpg (58 KB, 490x498) Image search: [Google]
1448229553166.jpg
58 KB, 490x498
why did the media throw a shitfit when an olympic gold medalist from the 1970's decided to get a sex change
>>
>>25325344
i don't understand politics anymore because i haven't kept up with it
i've forgotten alot of history
i don't know anything i need to know to survive
damn i don't think i know anything anymore.
>>
>>25326960
Spend an hour in /pol/, preferably during the next presidential debate. You'll be able to figure out who's who
>>
File: 1409317039454.jpg (76 KB, 393x315) Image search: [Google]
1409317039454.jpg
76 KB, 393x315
>>25326992
>telling someone new to go to /pol/
>for any reason
>>
>>25327012
the more shitposters the better
>>
>>25326710
I went to college and I don't know how to get into college. My adviser did all that shit for me.
>>
File: 1437722159682.jpg (50 KB, 500x548) Image search: [Google]
1437722159682.jpg
50 KB, 500x548
i don't think there is any general subject that i don't know something about, and i can also generally do most things, the problem is that i'm not good at anything, at all. I'm better than an idiot, but look like an idiot compared to someone who know's what they're doing.

Though I don't know anything about physical combat. I've never been in a fight where I wasn't curled up in a ball.
>>
>>25325344
Here's a series of videos about how the jews control the government:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrk4oY7UxpQ

>>25326429
This should explain how the jews take your money:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+do+taxes+us
>>
>>25326956
the sjws control the media, so they wanted it to get as much attention as possible. if it would of happened before this generation, the story would have faded into obscurity
>>
File: Batfleck 1.jpg (8 KB, 265x302) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck 1.jpg
8 KB, 265x302
This going to sound really fucking horrible, but I can't write anymore. I have somehow lost all muscle memory when it comes to my handwriting. It's completely illegible at this point, and i'm always really paranoid that I have to sign something, or write something down. I even printed out a bunch of business cards so i don't need to write down my address or phone number when people ask for it irl (which never happens)
>>
>don't know anything about sports
>barely ever bother to watch the latest race mixing propaganda released by hollywood
>haven't watched TV in years
>only listen to video-game/anime OSTs and meme music like vaporwave
>don't care about celebrity gossip
>outside of knowing world leaders and checking the status on kebab/russian activities have very little interest in politics any more
>no social circle so not privy to the lives of others
Can't think of the other stuff but generally I'm 1000% ignorant on the stuff normal people talk about daily.
>>
>>25327235
just practice writing everyday anon. remember back to when you were taught how to write when you were a kid and practice that. printing out cards so that you dont have to remember is only going to make things worse
>>
>>25326912
>>25326946
Pretty much what he said. The bank should give you a debit card, you can use that and paypal to buy whatever you need.
>>
>>25327321
would i be able to use this to buy drugs off the deep web?

i dont have any friends but im curious about things like weed and mushrooms and heard that you can buy them off the "deep web" (dont even know how to do that, gotta read up)
>>
> know nothing whatsoever about buying a house, terms like escrow, etc mystify me
> Absolutely jack shit about any major sports team
> nothing about any music in the past 20 years except folks like Pink and Adele
> Not one iota about vidya
>>
>>25327362
>would i be able to use this to buy drugs off the deep web?

No anon, for that you need bitcoin. You can however use your debit card to pay for bitcoins
>>
>>25327105
>obnoxious memeing faggot
Is there anything of similar condensed manner but without reddit narration?
>>
I know tons of trivial knowledge.

I sweep Jeopardy categories in History and Geography. Familiar with ton of movies, albums, actors, musicians, books, authors, poets, philosophers, politicians etc... I have an Economist subscription that I take the time to read every week.

I blow at practical knowledge. I can't change a tire. I can't cook anything that isn't just boiled in a pot or fried eggs. Can't hold a conversation. Don't know how to write a thank you card, or what to buy people as a gift.

My knowledge is pretty much entirely useless.
>>
>don't understand computers
>just browse the internet
>download basic software like VLC and BitTorrent
>pay for Norton

if there's a problem, i ignore it, if there's a serious problem i restore the entire computer to factor setup
>>
>>25325344
OP is my doppleganger desu.

But other than that, I feel the need to mention that in college, even though I had a normal diploma, in basic math, so I cannot into maths (and only get worse over time).

I also can't into women, but that's everybody. More importantly, I can't into most popular websites, like, snapchat, skype, etc. nevar used them. Still don't know how to use gifs on facebook for instance (and yes FB and such is basic knowledge now, you're lost without it).
>>
File: tears.gif (36 KB, 276x179) Image search: [Google]
tears.gif
36 KB, 276x179
>>25325344
>don't know how to use Python as a web-server scripting language.
>has something to do with Django or Flask but I've never tried them
>I've been using Python for command-line tools and automation all this time.

SO EMBARASSING
>>
File: k_400x400.png (274 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
k_400x400.png
274 KB, 400x400
>>25327463
>don't understand computers

iktf

i feel so left out of the "robot" thing because everyone seems to know how to code and build computers and shit, and im over here freaking out because i cant get google chrome to stop opening in its own thing in windows 8
>>
>>25325517
I know this feel bud

>tfw can't name any normie bands or artists
>tfw always left out
>>
I'm the opposite of OP.

I know a decent amount about a lot of things, but not enough about anything in particular to be employable.

Well, except as a journalist, which is what I used to do until that whole industry went to fuck.
>>
>>25327571
>>25327463
it's fine lads, once you get into computers and start learning how to code or diagnose hardware you start to hate how fucky and complicated computers are
>>
>>25325344

I am the op opposite. 90% of my time is doesn't obsessively learning about one thing for about a sixth month span until I understand it roughly, get bored, and move to the next thing. I'm thirty now so I'm starting to feel like everyone around me is ignorant. They know so little about anything. Life is better when you live to learn. Stop playing videogames and surf wikipedia for five hours a day
>>
>>25325728
so what the fuck do you do with your time?
>>
I have a staggering need to educate completely autistic fucktards like the ones ITT on every subject I can. If 4chan didn't have a fucking awful posting system I'd just go for it
>>
>>25327618
>clueless fucks work as journalists

well NO surprise there.
>>
File: 1451188739751.jpg (68 KB, 562x600) Image search: [Google]
1451188739751.jpg
68 KB, 562x600
>>25327812
The posting system could be amazing but these fucktards wouldn't read it.

These people have the greatest information tool ever conceived in all of history at thier fingertips. More information available for them to consume, for free, than all other generations of humans have ever had combined...

And we use it to shitpost about feels on r9k.

You can fill gaps in your knowledge, but you can't fix stupid.
>>
noone ever taught me how to pump my own gas, drove for 7 years being to afraid to use self service stations until one day I was on E and only station left open was self serve.

Luckily it was 3am and I was the only guy there so the attendant knew which pump to activate, apparently you have to tell them the number.
>>
>>25328228
oh man, when i first started driving i was paranoid as fuck about this but i went in with my dad one time to buy something and heard him say "x amount on (number)"
>>
>>25328139
An army of retards is better than no army at all desu senpai ~
>>
>>25328228
I've never even seen a gas station that isn't self serve. Are you from the 50s?
>>
File: akarin focusing.jpg (77 KB, 558x580) Image search: [Google]
akarin focusing.jpg
77 KB, 558x580
tfw can't learn to program no matter how hard I try
>>
>>25328708
if you're learning as a hobby, keep at it and you can can take it as far as you'd like.
if you want to pursue it as a career, stop now unless you're a chad. i was a cs major until i actualized the fact that people dont want programmers; and things that just straight up need to be coded will be outsourced, if you want to get a good job in cs you need to network like a motherfucker. that's why i switched to a math major
>>
>>25328663
in oregon and new jersey you're not allowed to pump your own
>>
>>25328663
In Oregon and New Jersey all gas stations have attendants that pump for you.
>>
>>25328844
>>25328847
Really, why's that?
>>
>>25328873
It creates jobs and it's funny seeing poor people out in the cold at 2AM being your slave.
>>
>>25328873
some BS about car drivers being to retarded to handle gas tank fires.
>>
>>25328917
Sounds fun.

>>25328924
But that's fucking dumb.
>>
>>25328944
it was fun once, because I was letting my french friend help with a road trip from boston to DC and I told him you're suppose to tip pump jockeys 25%
>>
>>25325344
>>words like democrat/republican/left wing/right wing/Trump/etc have absolutely no meaning to me
I have no idea about politics either >>25330433 but Trump is the fucking memelord
>>
File: 1451358925693.png (203 KB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
1451358925693.png
203 KB, 300x278
>>25330511
So was obama. I figure now that the Internet is around, they all will be. There was a bunch of Putin even.
>>
>>25328841
What math major did you get and what do you do?

I've always thought about getting some type of major in mathematics but what type of job could you even get. Also, how does one even find a job like that?
>>
>>25328228
you fucking idiot, why were you driving while on ecstasy?? seems like a real buzzkill
>>
>I cannot name any actor and would not recognize any by their face
>I don't watch TV because I feel it's too much commitment. Seriously who can watch several episodes of something at once (with the exception of shorts like sbemail) and enjoy it.
>I only really listen to power metal and OSTs so I don't know popular musicians
>Don't really read, but still thinking of getting an eBook because I have money I don't know what to do with and it's something I don't have
>I don't know why people hate Trump so much. He's not my first choice but people act like he's the lovechild of Pol Pot and Hitler spawned in the foulest bowel of Hell
>>
I literally have NO knowledge about music

Never listen to music unless it's already provided like a video game.
>>
>>25325344
Social Cues
Social Knowledge
Social Skills
Social...
Social...
social...
>>
>>25328841
>if you want to pursue it as a career, stop now unless you're a chad. i was a cs major until i actualized the fact that people dont want programmers; and things that just straight up need to be coded will be outsourced

If you actually believe this meme you are retarded.

I'm getting interviews at a few local companies in the north of England for 20-30k (pounds, fuck you robot and your non-ascii) entry level positions for web development jobs, and my resume has fuck all on it. And this area isn't exactly a hive of tech startups.

Also everything I've heard about outsourced programming is that you get exactly what you pay for, absolute fucking garbage. Unsurprisingly, people who don't know how to shit in a toilet also don't know how to write code that doesn't suck balls. Nobody in India actually wants to be a developer, all of the money and prestige is found by moving into management, anyone who is developer doesn't want to be, they'll do the absolute bare minimum to meet some very specific requirements, they can't solve complicated problems, and their style of coding involves a lot of copy-pasting. You don't have to worry about them tekin oor jeerbs.

Programming is a good career option. AI, robotics and virtual reality technologies are all beginning to mature. The web is now pretty much the foundation of our economy. The fact that I keep getting interviews in a shitty part of England for (what I consider) decent money indicates that there is huge demand for the skill.

>if you want to get a good job in cs you need to network like a motherfucker. that's why i switched to a math major

If you want a good job anywhere you need social skills. Most of what an interview is about is whether or not they like you as a person, being qualified for the job is secondary.

>>25328708
What have you actually tried?
>>
>>25332749
Do you have any idea how many books there are about these things?
Here's some to get started

http://bookzz.org/s/?q=definitive+book+of+body+language+alan+and+barbera+pease
http://bookzz.org/s/?q=how+to+win+friends+and+influence+people
>>
>>25325344
>>don't understand how taxes work

neither did i until i just bought tax software and filled it in.

that shit is so idiot proof these days the software literally sends it to your government with a click of a button
>>
>>25325344
>words like democrat/republican/left wing/right wing/Trump/etc have absolutely no meaning to me

That's because you are a reasonable person. The terms "left wing" and "right wing" are nearly meaningless, it's a false dichotomy.
>>
File: 14.png (340 KB, 804x453) Image search: [Google]
14.png
340 KB, 804x453
>19
>can't drive
>never even learned to ride a bike
>>
i have no clue how taxes work
i have no clue how insurance works
i havee no clue how to make a doctors appointment or how to pay them
>>
>forget how many letters are in the alphabet
>don't know how the months go or how many days in each
Studying maths and chem at uni
>>
File: 1443586835656.png (342 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1443586835656.png
342 KB, 394x394
>don't know anything about sports or sports teams, it never interested me
>don't know anything about cars, guys my age can talk about them for hours
>don't own a car, a shitty driver
>listen to very little music, know almost none currently popular bands/singers
>don't read books, tried but always lose interest
>have no idea about finances

>don't know how to pick up women
>don't know how to be comfortable in social situations unless drunk
>don't know how to be happy
>>
>>25326343
You already have a bias, don't bother. Your bias will only grow due to your ignorance.
>>
Can't snap my fingers
Can't whistle
Can't touch my toes
Can't do a pull up
Can't do a push up
Can't do basic math
Can't sign my name properly, just print it
Can't talk to girls
>>
>bought a guitar and amp
>don't know how to play them
>>
>tfw get into arguments about how knowledge is redundant because of the internet

Its true though. Fuck the haters, they have their egos on the line is all, the maniacs.
>>
>Other then meme tier knowledge i know nothing of: Politics,Religions,Art,Philosophy,Science,Economics or History.

But i dont let that stop me arguing about it on the internet.
>>
File: 1423016911577.png (698 KB, 608x715) Image search: [Google]
1423016911577.png
698 KB, 608x715
>don't know how to drive despite being 20
>English major with a few published short stories yet I don't know jack shit about most great works of literature and couldn't define what an adjective is off the top of my head
>can't cook anything not microwavable (literally do not know how to use an oven, stove, etc.)
>takes an enormous amount of mental effort to do any mental math whatsoever, even simple shit like 7-4 (never carry change for this very reason)
>no idea how people get jobs because I have literally nothing to put on my resume
>clumsy and terrible with my hands: can't hammer nails, use power tools, eat with a knife and fork, use a stapler without my hands shaking, etc.
>don't know any history whatsoever, and I can't learn because it's all interconnected and you have to start all the way from the beginning (no idea when WWII started and ended, no idea when the Romans were around, couldn't tell you what the Enlightenment Era was, etc.)
>don't know how one would unhook a bra
>treat every place I'm going to as if it were the Soup Nazi, have to be super-prepared to minimize any social anxiety-related fuckups (map out everything I'm going to say when forced to make a phone call, scout out new classrooms the night before a class, etc.)
>don't know my way around my own neighborhood and have a terrible sense of direction in general (can get lost three blocks from my house and I've lived there my whole life)
When I tell my psychiatrist I'm defective she doesn't believe me.
>>
Quick question to all the people in this thread. Why don't you actually spend time, opening a wikipedia page and reading about the stuff you don't know? I'm not even talking about books. Are you not interested in those things or what? I see that knowing nothing bothers you so why don't you try to change it? Is it depression?
>>
>>25326343
politics is weird right now. You'd be told that the left thinks that we need more restraints on economic freedom because they want to stop capitialism from running rampant, but they're all for social freedom, and that the right wants more economic freedom, a less intrusive government, but also tries to embed their traditional ideals into the law.

BUT

the left has kind of been taken over by ideologues who are trying to socially enforce conformity to social justice ideals, and a large number of people in the left who aren't sjws give you this "oh don't worry the pendulum always swings back" kind of shit, and the right has been flooded by a bunch of cuckservatives who say they're conservative, but since the climate of american politics is so left right now, end up compromising all the conservative values so as not to appear like they are keeping washington shut down.

I think the big political issues now boil down as follows:
>largest national debt we've ever seen
>federal reserve manipulating monetary policy to delay a large economic downturn, arguably making it worse when it comes
>poor quality of education contributing to a generation of lesser skilled people than the generation before them
>european migrant crisis
>donald trump and bernie sanders, two populist candidates who reflect the people's dissatisfaction with the current system, and the systems attempts to undermine them

I think that's the best primer of the political climate I can give. I think you can google stories or sign up to a normiebook and friend some college lefties and subscribe to the bastiat institute to get a good mix of left/right political content.
>>
>>25333643
I don't have a good memory. Depression. And comprehension issues for some things. But yeah, I for one look things up all the time, and yet my IQ continues to lower SENPAI.
>>
>>25327012
As long as they don't take any of it too seriously going there is interesting to say the least
>>
>>25326429
basically, the government takes more out of your taxes than you owe, and you have to file your taxes each year to get the difference back. You do a federal tax return, which you can usually get done for free at a lot of different websites, HR Block, Turbotax etc. Then you have to do state taxes for each state you lived in last year. I think irs.gov lets you file state tax returns for free, or maybe your states .gov website. Anyway, you'll know its tax season when you get your W-2 forms from your employers and other sources of income in the mail. You basically answer questions on the websites, copy the info from those forms you get, and computer magic tells you how much money you've successfully begged back from the govt.
>>
>>25326157

>tfw can't even drive a car

You are winning against me at least m8
>>
>>25326582

You don't actually need to warm up your engine desu senpai
>>
>>25327373

Shit man what do you even do all day without anime and vidya
>>
>>25333524

Doesn't matter they look sick in your place now, just buy a guitar book or watch how to vids on YT there's millions of them for guitar
>>
>>25333610

>had gf for 5 years
>still cannot for the life of me unhook her stupid fucking bras
>>
im 25 and a virgin and all i do is play video games and i still suck at them
>>
>>25333157
>don't know how the months go or how many days in each
Fist rule - curl one of your palms in a knuckle and start counting joint bones (months with 31 days) and spaces between them (months with 30 days plus 28-29 february)
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 291x343
>tfw trying to play Star Wars on the piano in the library in HS
>tfw group of Asians tells me I shouldnt feel good about my performance

JUST.

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO MEAN, EVERY TIME I GO NEAR A PIANO I FEEL SHAME WHEN I WAS JUST A BEGINNER

w-why...
>>
>>25333643
>Why don't you actually spend time, opening a wikipedia page and reading about the stuff you don't know? I'm not even talking about books. Are you not interested in those things or what? I see that knowing nothing bothers you so why don't you try to change it? Is it depression?
Probably. Each time I tried to dedicate time to learning something new I inevitably got "what the fuck is the point" question in my head and stopped
>>
File: nipples.jpg (56 KB, 600x643) Image search: [Google]
nipples.jpg
56 KB, 600x643
>know nothing about politics
>went to college for IT and currently work at a helpdesk but know nothing about computers, programming, networking, you name it
>know nothing about sports and don't care for them despite playing one
>don't listen to any music
>don't know how to have social conversations, talking to me is like talking to a wall since I know nothing
>>
File: image_3.jpg (894 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
894 KB, 1900x1200
>>25326343
just start reading
>>
>>25334563
first rule, you don't have to keep any mnemonic or remember the calendar. Literally every electronic device has a calendar built in. Just look shit up if you're in doubt.

Actually, general point here: there's a lot of shit you don't have to know because you can look it up. I'm a professional web developer and all I do all day is google shit and put it in a file.
>>
>>25332807
Mostly some visual basic stuff...
>>
>>25326343
First you disregard the left/right dichotomy

You're never going to have any political power, so it's not like it matters knowing anything about it anyway, unless you are just interesting in theoretical knowledge.
>>
>>25336592
start with html/css. I know they're not real programming languages, but we'll get there. Make a few basic websites. You don't have to do anything with real content, look up lorem ipsum to generate random latin text to fill in paragraphs. Get comfy with that. Use bootstrap and your pages will be super pretty.

Okay, you have html/css down. Now you can learn javascript. do some jquery tutorials. Learn how to select elements, traverse the DOM, bind event listeners. Get comfy with that.

Pick up Node.js with express. Tons of tutorials, and you are already starting to get comfortable with javascript, so there's less of a learning curve. Now you can write web applications. Just pick up MySQL to add a database and you're doing full stack applications. From there it's just a matter of taking the time to make something, and learning how to use google to unstuck yourself.

Once you get really comfortable with javascript, you can pick up other programming languages, but i think javascript is the easiest language to start coding in.
>>
>>25326612
He'll just be fed memes there.
>>
>>25335130
that pic and the people in it are retarded
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.