[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw so indecisive that I've let others make my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: 1450380050279.jpg (18 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1450380050279.jpg
18 KB, 318x318
>tfw so indecisive that I've let others make my life choices so farfar
>tfw want to do something like go travel the world or move country's but I don't know what country I'd want to go to
>want to play in a hard rock/metal band but i can't find people to play with and its super hard to get known nowadays
>tfw I'm gonna end up going university because my parents and grandparents said it would be good and want me to get student loans to help them out and so I can have a nice few years not worrying about money
>I don't really want to go uni but if I don't I'll just sit at home all day and do nothing
>I don't even come on the internet much, I just lay in bed and listen to music all day wanting to do something but don't feel like it

Anyone else experience this or are like this?
>>
>>25325210
I don't get how people ever have choices at all. In any situation there's usually only one correct choice, and that is what's expected of you. So might as well just let them make the decisions for you, because make any other decision and it's going to cause problems.
There's also the matter that they have like 50 years more of life experience than we do, so maybe they just know what's better. Either way, we don't really have choices.
>>
>>25325465
I don't think my parents would be too bothered what I did as long as I didn't cause harm to myself it's just I don't want to do anything ever, I just lay in bed all day have a shower at night then back in bed, and i always feel tired and shitty, it fucking sucks
>>
To travel the world you either need to have a decent amount of money or be an attractive young girl so people will pay for your vacations.
>>
>>25325508
Well, what can you do? There's only one right decision and it isn't yours. What can you really do, other than what you're expected to?
>>
>>25325210
I don't think you really want to move to another country if you don't have one in mind. Put an ad out on craigslist for auditions to your band. It'll take like 5 minutes. I did what my parents wanted me to and now everything's fucked. Make your own choices anon.

>>25325465
Also, fuck this guy. Most parents have 50 years of making dumbass decisions and having a kid. Unless you want to end up like them I would ignore them.
>>
>>25325549
The "right" decision is one that you're happy with. People that expect thing of you can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>25325210
>tfw I'm gonna end up going university because my parents and grandparents said it would be good
Don't fall for this! It's a huge trap. You'll piss around not enjoying yourself for a few years, and then be in a far worse off situation. You'll have all sorts of anxiety and expectations and pressure and on and on. Higher education being a default option is fucking over so many people right now. Though it'll seem far worse in the short term, you really should stay home and do something else. Maybe you'll end up on neetbux, or maybe you'll get a part time job, maybe you'll actually find a purpose in a couple of years, without being many thousands in debt and a useless degree that prevents you from entering the workforce.
>>
>>25325633
>The "right" decision is one that you're happy with
1960s pls go. This is the real world, happiness is not a requirement for life.
>>
>>25325555
I've put adds up before but no one replied, also I've been told I have 0 presence at all which makes social situations hard cause people don't notice I'm there
>>
>>25325654
Happiness isn't a requirement for surviving but it's what most people strive for.
>>
>>25325682
Maybe put up a video of yourself playing. That could get people's attention. Also, keep renewing the ad. Maybe if you're really serious move to a city with a big music scene.
>>
>>25325686
The only place I get happiness is when I decide to watch anime and I laugh a lot for no real reason, like hysterical laughing. And that's like once a month cause I can't be asked to watch it even though I want to
>>
>>25325748
Living with parents ATM making no money so moving is out of the question
>>
>>25325761
Well I don't know what's up with that. Maybe you have mental problems man. I've never not felt like doing what I enjoy.
>>
I feel like I should quit my wageslav job, go on job seekers for a few years and just do what I want to do.
(Which would pretty much be learning to code and learning the guitar/music in general)

I already did what was expected of me. I got a Business degree everyone was pushing me for. But to be honest? I hate the way a lot of businesses run. Too short-term and greedy for their own good.
Constantly driving themselves into the ground by not developing new core competencies that they can synergise for maximum gains in the long term. If people focused less on maximising profitability and more on sustainable business the world would be a healthier place IMO.
Public investors are cancer and make almost any business that floats into bloated lumbering wrecks in the long-term.
>>
>>25325806
i dunno i think i have severe depression or something cause most nights i feel like shit and like i have nothing to live for
>>
>>25325817
i can play guitar decently now and also want to learn a form of programming, ive started multiple times but always gave up and never really bother cause i felt like shit and the feel train hit me
>>
>>25325893
Probably. Why not go to a psychiatrist or something?
>>
>>25325210
OP I'll accompany you wherever you want to go 23 m usa

i have the similar travel and musical ambitions
but am too afraid to go it alone.

just have to promise to look out for one another and keep each other safe.
>>
>>25325918
At least you can play the guitar decently anon.
I never got found to even learning chords. Probably because I'm trying to learn to play a right handed guitar despite being left handed.
What makes it hard is that my little finger on my left hand is less flexible than the rest (I cant move it up and down as fast as my other fingers. It's pretty clunky) so it makes it hard to form harder chords and make fast transitions.
(Maybe I should get a left handed guitar and try to relearn)
>>
>>25326073
i just learned from tabs and learning slightly harder songs each time, also i dont use my little finger, never have and probably never will, i feel its too late for that lol
>>
If you want to travel the world then get a job and save every dime you make until you can make 10-20k annually or so off of it. Then quit your job and go backpacking / cycling across asia or whatever the fuck while you passively generate the dosh you'll need.
>>
>>25325998
id be too embarrassed telling my family or if they found out, whenever i talk to them or they see me im somewhat happy or in an alright mood so they would never know how i feel, also i apparently dont show emotion so they wouldn't believe me probably
>>
>>25326026
18 m uk, cant really get to usa, also got no money to do anything so just kinda stuck in the tiny village im in
>>
>>25325210
>>25326026
I'm 27 male usa. Can I join you guys? May I suggest either backpacking SEA or South America for 3 months ? Also I'm dead serious I would meet up with you guys to plan the trip and get this going.
>>
>>25326141
Well I'd do it anyway. That's no way to live and you won't ever be happy otherwise.
>>
>>25326114
Your right I'm probably making excuses.
I just make up excuses not to apply myself. I probably could be decent at something if I put the time into it but there are some days that I can't even manage to finish emptying the dishwasher because I'm so distracted.
>>
>>25326294
i also started learning at around 10-12 years old so i had a ton of time, motivation and energy which is pretty much the opposite to now
>>
>>25325210
Hey anon are you still a high school student who is currently applying to colleges? If so, I think we are around the same age. Regular decision deadlines are coming up so you need to decide quickly. Honestly, college is not for everyone and if you don't have the motivation to do something other than laying in your bed it might be a bad idea. College is a huge investment, if you go to college and later decide you want to drop out you will have wasted large amounts of time, effort, and money. If you have the determination to go through with it then I would go to college. It's what you make out of it, and it might also be the opportunity you need to find direction in life. Either way, it's your choice to decide whether it's worth it. if you are that unsure, I would consider taking a gap year or going to trade school.
>>
>>25326534
im in the uk and in college atm im 18 and just applied for universities, meant to start uni in september 2016 if i get a place
>>
>>25326628
I'm in the US so I don't really know how education works over in the UK but we really are the same age.

I also would like to add that having a college diploma is no longer a special thing in itself. So many people have college diplomas these days so finding jobs is a lot more competitive. This is why college does not necessarily mean success, but depending on what you plan to do with your life it may actually be necessary for you to succeed. If you're just going to go to college to get some shitty unemployable degree just because it was easy and it was what your parents wanted, don't go at all.
>>
>>25326628
Oh wait a minute is there a difference between college and uni over in the UK? where I'm from they mean pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>25326838
in uk you go highschool till 16 then you can either go sixth form which is just staying in highschool till your 18 or you can go college for 2-4 years depending on the course, then after sixth for or college you can work or go uni. Also im doing mechanical and electrical engineering lvl 3 which is the highest i could do for my age
>>
>>25326982
Ooh that makes a lot more sense. Do you like what you're doing? If you already put in all that work to be lvl 3 in mechanical and electrical engineering you might as well continue with it. If you really want to travel you can participate in a study abroad program over the summer in uni.
>>
At least you know what you want.

Maybe use that as direction. Better than floating through life until you die.
>>
>>25327147
i only chose it cause my parents said it paid well in jobs, also i thought it'd be more practical but its all theory
>>
>>25327218
i dont know what i want, thats the thing
>>
>>25327267
So you don't love it? How easy is it to change majors over in the UK? It's really common for college/uni students in the US to change majors multiple times if not once.
If I were you I would pursue engineering if you have a knack for it. I'm biased though because I really want to go to uni but my family can't afford to send me, so I have been aggressively pursuing financial aid and stuff.
If you want to travel in the future, I would imagine that it would be easier to get a work visa as an engineer.
When it comes down to it though, I would say that you have to be motivated and take uni seriously if you decide to go.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.