[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fixation noun 1. an obsessive interest in or feeling about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: overly attached.jpg (34 KB, 510x382) Image search: [Google]
overly attached.jpg
34 KB, 510x382
>fixation
noun
an obsessive interest in or feeling about someone or something.
"his fixation on the details of other people's erotic lives"
synonyms: obsession, preoccupation, mania, addiction, compulsion; More

>mania
noun
mental illness marked by periods of great excitement, euphoria, delusions, and overactivity.
synonyms: madness, derangement, dementia, insanity, lunacy, psychosis, mental illness; More
an excessive enthusiasm or desire; an obsession.
plural noun: manias
"he had a mania for automobiles"

How much should a person love another person? Ive been told by a few people that my girlfriend is obsessively to the point of yandere type behavior. Ive been told this by couples that are "in love". Do they say this because they dont know what its like to be truly in love with another person? My girlfriend is crazy in love with me, from the bottom of her soul. Shouldnt i be happy that i can have her and keep her as a loyal partner? Why shouldnt i be happy that i have that? should i instead wish for a partner that i have to constantly please in every facet of life, regardless of my actual feelings for her? My effort becomes more of a "how can i prevent her from leaving me?" instead of "i really love this woman, i want her to show her i love her all the time."

my girlfriends intense love makes me love her even more. Why would i even think of ending that love?! shes cute, shes sexy, and we make eachother happy. The question i ask myself is, do i only love her because she loves me, or do i really love her? I havent found many girls i like and could see myself in a long term relationship with, but with my girlfriend now, i do.
>>
>>25324592
I hope this isn't bait.

First of all. Do you get a slightly euphoric feeling in your chest but in a negative sense that you thrive off of or that powers you while over analyzing every single aspect about what she's done. Then you argue with her then it goes full circle and then you're thinking again?

If so I know exactly what you're talking about because been there done that

From how you're writing, I don't think you loved her, nor did I with mine. You see her as somewhat of a possession. Coupled with the fact that your 'mania' is essentially about her condition, yeah, I think you view her as a possession.

I've been through exactly what you're going through. You have most likely kept mentioning it to her and made her feel bad about it, but that gives you control over her. I have low empathy, I don't know about you, but from the way you write you may be too. If you go overboard with the controlling however, it can make her do a 180. The key is to remain dominant, keep her feeling inadequate, set your boundaries if you havent already, and literally keep her around.
>>
>>25325111
i dont make her feel bad about anything, and i empathize too strongly. I love her, but i might not want to marry her, but i feel like, i sort of could. Its a weird situation. I want to love her, but i dont want to love her just because shes so in love with me. I havent decided if i love her by herself. but i wouldnt love her, if she didnt love me.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.