[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you have plans for yourself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1451171422803[1].jpg (627 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
1451171422803[1].jpg
627 KB, 1250x1250
do you have plans for yourself?
>>
File: basically what i'm doing.png (49 KB, 1014x294) Image search: [Google]
basically what i'm doing.png
49 KB, 1014x294
>>25324393
see how it goes till i'm 40 and then dedicate my life to pretty much your picture if things haven't gone right
>>
>>25324590
what are you ethnically ?
>>
>>25324590
That requires a lot of commitment.
Are you studying all of that alone? Do you go to forums/IRC/communities just in case?
>>
DlE
>>
>>25324729
white
>>25324801
yeah learning sanskrit, pali and modern indian languages, because the translations are all shit.

then reading 10s of thousands of pages of texts. forums and IRCs won't help you, you need to find some monks 2bh.
>>
>dat bag of rice

Why do all of the other sadhus get more handouts than me?

Maybe it's because I never gave away this stupid laptop. It has this cool ass sticker of lord shiva I bought at a psytrance festival on it though
>>
>>25324921
Honest question here, how can you take Hinduism seriously?
I'm saying this not as a bigot, but as a student who's studied it in some detail. All I realized was that it's a very intricate and complex series of connections between concepts that are related enough to connect, but not enough to make relevant connections. What they end up with is a chaotic jumble that seems deep at first glance but upon closer inspection is nothing more than slightly organized chaos. And in my opinion, it's more detrimental than enlightening to its practitioners.
The specific field I studied was Tantra but I saw nothing worthy of emulation in the whole set of practices that we know as Hinduism.
How do you see it differently?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.