[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots who have experience with browsing safely? I have no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: prenos.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
prenos.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
Any robots who have experience with browsing safely? I have no idea how to use proxxies. I spent my whole life on computer mostly playing mmos and watching anime.

But ever since i started doing youtube and forums people started doxxing me. I started using thor but thor is banned in on many forums.

Any tip for google chrome browser?
>>
What do you even mean by "browse safely"?
If you mean staying virus free, then a proxy isn't going to do anything for you. If you mean avoiding government spying then you're going to need some shit like a Lemote computer with all sorts of autistic software choices to maximize freedom, which you probably wouldn't want to deal with.
>>
G-guys? Please help me! -originalo commentato
>>
>>25321028
I wish to hide my IP and be undoxable
>>
>>25321227
If you can be doxxed now you can be doxxed for a long time, possibly forever.
Stop posting your information online and people wouldn't be able to dox you.
>>
>>25321271
Sigh. But i already posted my information when i made a facebook and dating profiles. I need a way that no one can find out my IP adress and figure out that i am the same guy.
>>
File: 1451276113338.jpg (58 KB, 582x541) Image search: [Google]
1451276113338.jpg
58 KB, 582x541
>>25321429

Get a VPN service. They provide proxies for you and typically give you a simple program to access their proxy network.

You'll be all set from that. Your IP will just come back as the company's proxy server numbers. Most don't keep records, but they WILL help gubbment find you if they come knocking, so if you're thinking about doing some dumb, illegal shit, best not.

If you're not doing any illegal shit and just want some privacy, or just want to download pirated materials, a VPN should be sufficient for your needs.
>>
>>25321534
Is VPN service free? I am not doing anything illegal. I just piss taunt rosties online. Cute picture btw.
>>
>>25321616

>is VPN service free?

Not the good kind, no. There are free proxies online but they're pretty shit, unreliable and a bit dangerous from what I hear.

Just pay the 50-60 dollars a year for a VPN if you really wanna be safe. I don't use one myself but I've thought about getting one.

You should probably be asking /g/; I only have a bit more knowledge about this stuff than the average internet user.
>>
>>25321656
Oh okay. Thank you for being so kind to me. I normally get mocked for not knowing about this stuff.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.