[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nostalgia thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10
Now that 2016 is approaching, let's talk about things that make you nostalgic.

>Watching the first Lord of the Rings film in the cinema for the first time
>Reading the first Harry Potter book for the first time
>Watching the first Harry Potter films for the first time
>Watching dubbed Pokemon on the weekends
>Playing FF7-9 when they first came out
>56kbps modems
>Geocities fanpages
>Feeling your stocking full of presents on December 25th as you woke up
>Feeling like you'd be friends with the people you knew at school forever
>>
File: weatheredwojak.jpg (12 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
weatheredwojak.jpg
12 KB, 239x211
What happened? Why did they lie to me?

I just want it all to end.
>>
>>25320926
And then theres the guy that has to ruin the good moments. Wrong thread m8
>>
Man I fucking loved the harry Potter universe when I was younger. So comfy. Same with LotR, mostly the fellowship and the first 200 pages. The shire was so beautiful.
>>
>>25320973
Know that feel bro. Comfy places in fictional universes?
>>
File: green-dragon-inn.jpg (95 KB, 1000x566) Image search: [Google]
green-dragon-inn.jpg
95 KB, 1000x566
>>25321061
The concept of inns as a place where you could go, have a drink and then buy a room for the night before heading on your way seemed fun.
>>
File: 1447570562894.jpg (41 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
1447570562894.jpg
41 KB, 576x768
>>25320973
>that fucking feeling when
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uL6pGRsTWE
>>
File: im in a rage.gif (997 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
im in a rage.gif
997 KB, 245x230
>>25321588
FUCK IT THIS IS A HARRY POTTER THREAD
>>
File: 1417981312721.jpg (57 KB, 859x663) Image search: [Google]
1417981312721.jpg
57 KB, 859x663
>>25320875
>Feeling like you'd be friends with the people you knew at school forever
>>
>bored of video games
>bored of music
>bored of movies
>bored of anime
>bored of comic books
>bored of reading
all i do now is masturbate and work

i just want to enjoy things again, i miss video games the most.
>>
please post some late 90s/early 00s nostalgia
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>25321938
Remember when pretty much everyone on your television screen, movie screen, computer screen etc was white and nobody thought anything of it?
>>
File: 36.gif (320 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
36.gif
320 KB, 640x480
>finding out about zone at age 13

good times
>>
>>25321762
holy shit are you me. Hentai manga is the only thing that I can get slightly interested in any more.
>>
>>25320875
>tfw lived long enough to see Hermione become a nigger
>>
>>25322248
Emma Watson will always be the real Hermione.
>>
>>25322248
Isn't The Cursed Child just a non-canon play and written by some literally-who?
>>
File: 1449495003186.jpg (85 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
1449495003186.jpg
85 KB, 808x805
>you never attended Hogwarts and got a cute Emma Watson gf

Its not fair
>>
oh yes, Harry Potter was my first book. Good times. Stupid dreams.
Fuck you, why did you remind me.
fuck you ;_;
>>
Sometimes I think about walking through the woods in places that have been clearcut for ten, twenty years, or in forests of countries or cities I'll probably never go back to. Sitting in a bookstore around the millennium, reading Ranma 1/2 while my father buys me a hot chocolate. Or a couple of years earlier, playing Final Fantasy VII on his work computer in the musty basement of the house I grew up in. Getting invested in the animals of Redwall, and the warmth of reading indulgent descriptions of Abbey feasts. Getting aggressively headbutted by my childhood dog looking for butt scratches. Sitting in a friend's living room, playing PlayStation games, watching South Park and 90s anime, listening to his younger brother's screeching night terrors. The memory of my grandparents' house; reading in their sun room, eating bowls of cereal and blueberries at their kitchen table while reading a book or watching Rugrats, playing with their laundry chute, exploring the attic and cellar, the smell of their cedar closer, taking walks through the gardens of the golf course down the street. The sense of wonder of discovering new music, exploring shops in China Towns, reading a preview in a magazine for a video game that'll become one of your favorites. The childhood experience of not quite grasping computers or electronics and only puzzling out pieces of work to troubleshoot.

I'm big on nostalgia, but you'll notice that people are generally absent from it. My sense of smell has also deteriorated significantly, so the smells of my youth are especially important to me since even if I smelled them now, the notes wouldn't be the same.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.