[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>cousin comes over for Christmas >my dad gets a tablet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 380x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 380x250
>cousin comes over for Christmas
>my dad gets a tablet
>he doesn't use the internet for much outside of cnn and YouTube videos sometimes
>cousin is basically reddit in human form
>explains to my dad how to use reddit, how to make an account, upvote, etc
>dad starts talking about things he read on Reddit a few days later
>he's been sitting on his tablet a lot and occasionally says shit like "upvoted!" or "this guy needs Reddit gold"

My dad's alpha as fuck but it hurts to see him this way. I hate my cousin for bringing him to this; I can only watch as reddit takes hold of any remaining respect I had for my father.
>>
Show him /r9k/. That should get him back to his roots.
>>
>>25320317
well you missed your chance to convince your dad to be beta like his son by not introducing him to /r9k/
you could've been living a life where you'd hear him in the other room saying,
REEEEEE
BTFO Roastie!
Cuck!
and calling you senpai
>>
>>25320376
>My dad's alpha as fuck
sounds like he doesn't belong here
>>
>>25320317

keked if the story isn't real, but if it is don't worry about it m8. reddit is only cringey on the internet because you're able to understand how in contrast to everything else it can be kind of dorky as fuck. to regular people who don't know much, or for people who just want a moderated discussion (I get it fuck moderation, but some people prefer to kept on topic) it's not bad. your dad will be fine, it's a pretty exciting thing when you all of a sudden find an entire site of people to discuss shit with.

what are his hobbies? if he's alpha maybe he likes cars introduce him to /o/
>>
It's simple you show him the red pill
>>
>>25320400
>show your dad a 4chan board

I know it's /o/ but this is a fucking awful idea. Unless he loves it and we bond over shitposting together.
>>
>>25320465

Yeah it's risky as fuck that's for sure, I've just found that the hobby boards (aside from vidya) are very normal and appropriate; I know that my uncle visits /out/, he's fairly e-savvy though.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.