[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>NEETS live on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: 1451336468628.jpg (78 KB, 580x710) Image search: [Google]
1451336468628.jpg
78 KB, 580x710
>NEETS live on this
>>
fucking limes
>>
>>25319880
I'm sorry nobody needs that many fucking limes per week. She's a fucking retard.
>>
I ate one sweet potato and a few radishes today and A LOT of soda.
>>
>getting a small ass bag of rice
>brown rice at that
What the literal fuck. That's an unusual quantity of rice to buy.
>>
>>25319928
I ate one Sammy and some ramen. Total cost under 4$.
>>
>>25319880
NEET who live with mum here.
we spend 10-15 dollars a day for food
>>
Who the Fuck eats corn tortillas? Unless you fry them into taco shells then Fuck that
>>
She picked some dumb food.

Rice you can buy a huge sack for 10$ instead of that tiny weak bag for 6$. I can eat for about 20$ a week and do fine, even with some more expensive food.
>>
>>25319880
I just ask mummy for a meal to be honest

our fridge and pantry has a fuck ton of food
>>
That picture is bullshit
the S in SNAP stands for "supplementary", that just supplements what you already have so you aren't living on just that
>>
>>25319880
Is that a fucking joke? Did she shop at whole foods or something?

You could get a year's worth of rice for one person for that money...
>>
>>25320013
I brought good jasmine rice imported from thailand from the grocery store in chinatown.

25 pound bag for 23 dollars. Not cheap.

In the OP you see a 2 pound bag of shitty brown rice for probably 3 or 4 dollars.
>>
>>25319988
People that are into the gluten free meme.
>>
>>25319880
Fucking rich people have no idea. Their disconnect from majority reality is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

She probably got that from the 400% markup 'family grocery' store at the end of the road in her gated community.

I could get 4x that for 29 dollars.
>>
>>25319880
>Just 1 avocado
How can people live like that? I eat 1/2 of an avocado a day, and also at least 4 eggs a day
>>
you can get a loaf of bread for $1 that will feed you for 3-4 days
>>
File: bears1.jpg (46 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
bears1.jpg
46 KB, 500x281
>lettuce
>buying just lettuce
>ever
>faggy avocado
>parsley or some shit
>garlic
>one sweet potato
>ALL THOSE FUCKING LIMES

29 bucks doesn't go very far, totally true, but whoever bought that shit is fucking retarded. If you're on food stamps, you should be getting the cheapest vegetables and fruits possible, and spending most of your money on cheap-assed staples like potatoes and rice. Also, where are the fucking BANANAS? You can get ten pounds of Bananas for like six dollars, and they're good as FUCK for you. Some bread, cheese and deli meat also wouldn't be too much and would cover your food for the week pretty easily. Eat celery and carrots (relatively cheap) for fiber.

I'm pretty fucking certain that families get more than 29 dollars a week for food on EBT. I've seen people buy way more than that on EBT cards in my state; but I live in a pretty liberal place.

Anyway, this is why I'd rather live with my parents forever than move out and be poor. My mommy buys or pays for all of my food.
>>
>>25319930
these are suburban housewives, what do you expect? people are too fucking dumb to buy a big bag of rice or potatoes. instead they get these shitty ass small packages.
>>
>tfw you eat on 4 bucks a day
>tfw you have two flatmates so your share of the rent/bills is 40 bucks a week
>tfw you only work 8 hours a week
Feels good. Get fucked, materialist fags.
>>
>>25319880
She's rich, so she doesn't even know what poor people actuallly do to maximize their money. First of all, no one with a very limited budget would get brown rice, but white rice (and the cheap, agranel kind)
>>
>>25319880
>have to live on for a week
That's about how much I eat in a month
>>
File: cheetos.jpg (79 KB, 590x475) Image search: [Google]
cheetos.jpg
79 KB, 590x475
>>25319880
>have to
>choose not to and instead get this
>>
>>25319880
And yet, people on food stamps are almost universally obese.
Weird, huh?
>>
>>25319880
I mean, it's like she's trying to make fun of mexicans
>>
>>25320169
>>faggy avocado
you wot m80
avocado is a goddamn super food and is literally god tier.
you have shit taste

and that's cilantro, not parsley, you dumb fucker
she's obviously making mexican food/burritos

you'd rather live with mommy because you're a fucking child
>>
>>25319988
They are good if you put them into a frying pan for like 30 seconds, prefer them over flour, and i think they are cheaper
>>
Peanut butter and potatoes are good, too. Idk why she has limes and an avocado, or just one corn. Corn is cheap as hell, and only one?
>>
>>25319903
Not pictured: like 50 mojitos that the limes are for.
>>
File: spraypainthappiness.jpg (36 KB, 500x547) Image search: [Google]
spraypainthappiness.jpg
36 KB, 500x547
>>25320196

This.

You could get over 50 packets of top ramen for 29 dollars, too.

Fucking rich niggas don't know shit. No part of your life is likely to be very healthy if you're poor anyway.
>>
>>25320181
>absolutely fucked
I don't think I could ever do that, and i already get laughed at for my frugality.
>>
>>25320246

Avocado is homofeed and tastes like trash.

I'd rather live with mommy because I'm poor, but enjoy literally the gayest fruit on the planet. It's what hipsters eat to impress other homosexual men.
>>
>>25320246
The tomato garlic and cilantro make me think she's making guac. Probably a job bush supporter.
>>
File: poorpeoplediet.jpg (714 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
poorpeoplediet.jpg
714 KB, 1920x1080
>>25319880
I hate how rich white people have no idea how being poor works. You eat 1 thing thats the menu for the month and whatever you dont finish gets added into your pantry and you change up the thing every month.
Nigger spent 10 days worth of ramen on limes like you were gonna shove them up your ass for sexual pleasure.
>>
File: 56456456.jpg (5 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
56456456.jpg
5 KB, 300x300
>Buy about 20 cheeseburgers
>20/7 = 2.8 burgers a day
>at 313 calories each that's 876.4 calories a day
>Thats enough to keep you from starving for a few months easily

Want quality food? Get the fuck off food stamps you lazy nigger/drug addict.
>>
You can get 1kg of white rice for 70c and that's 3500kcals
>>
>>25320331
did someone sodomize you with an avocado?
I've never seen someone so afraid of a fruit
you have some severe homophobic tendencies, friendo
and you're poor because you're underage B&
>>
>>25319880

what she doesn't mention is that $30 a week would be for a family of 1, not a family or 3 or more people. the average SNAP benefit for a family of 3 (1 mother (let's be honest) & 2 kids) is $374 a month or $90 a week. it's still not a ton of dough, but you can easily feed a family of 3 on $15 a day if you shop at places like aldi and are smart buying in bulk, and also you're getting it for fucking free so stop complaining about it.

if your family is really fucking starving there's always the food pantry or the soup kitchen, or you could even, god forbid, get a job. we don't live in fucking zimbabwe.
>>
>>25319880

that shouldn't add up to be $29. she probably used the numbers from some high-end hipster grocer.
>>
Bullshit
I was poor as a kid and my mom would use the stamps every other week to get us some food, we had way better, and way more, shit than that
>>
>>25320385
That absolutely can't be real. How do you eat only peanut butter for 30 days? I love peanut butter, but damn..
>>
So how exactly is this bad?

>12 fucking eggs
eat 2 a day and that's good for 6 days
>bag of black beans with probably 10 servings
>whoel grain brown rice with probably 12 servings
>huge bag of peas
>7 limes
I mean no one needs that many limes a week.

I see literally nothing wrong with this.

this is more than a week's worth of food. Fuck, I can buy a thing of oatmeal that will last me two weeks for like a couple dollars. Want breakfast? There, oatmeal and eggs.
>>
File: limes guy.png (309 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
limes guy.png
309 KB, 600x600
>>25319880
>>25319892
>>25319903
>>25320169
>>25320256
I think I know why
>>
>>25319880
You can easily buy a 20 lb bag of rice for $5
>bundle of scallions
buck and change
>that head of lettuce
not even $2
>That onion, corn, tomato, avocado, and garlic and yam
not even close to a dollar each
>eggs
$2-3
>limes
who the fuck buys limes when they're poor
>frozen veggies
$1-2
same thing with beans
bitch don't know how to shop.

And we all know full well that tons of SNAP recipients end up spending it all in a week or two on hot/prepared foods because fuck actually saving money when the government gives handouts. I'm all for helping the poor, but come the fuck on, the next time I see someone buying subs in wawa with EBT I'm gonna flip shit.
>>
>>25320617
>>eggs
>$2-3
at my grocery store, we regularly put a dozen eggs on sale for .99 each and in Texas we have no tax on food items.

.99 for 12 eggs.
>>
>>25320493

it's not real. you can spend your EBT card on pretty much any food products except alcohol.

a lot of niggers will go to a sketchy ass bodega in the ghetto and will literally just have them ring up a bunch of fake stuff and then give them half the money they "spent" back in cash and they'll go buy crack with it.
>>
>>25320666
>no tax on food items

No wonder everybody are such fat sacks of shit down there.
>>
>>25320506

oh my god, how did I get to 2008
>>
>>25320666
.99c for a dozen eggs
FUCK

i have to pay like four bucks for that shit

fuck canada
>>
>>25320666
I'm in the NE and $2-3 is fairly normal
>>
>>25319880
I get ~$48.50/week from SNAP just for myself though.
>>
>>25320506
kek

You have been muted for 16 seconds, because your comment was not original
>>
>>25321192

>muted for 16 seconds

ultra-giga, uncreative pleb tier.

2 second mutes master race here.
>>
>>25319880
>all that weirdo organic shit
>7 fucking limes

I'm a solo NEET and my food budget is about 50 NZD a week. That bitch probably only barely has a week's worth of food, and there's nothing you could make out of that that would taste very good once she's used up the tomato. My own weekly diet consists of cereal(not sugar shit) for breakfast, Ham + tomato + lettuce +much more sandwiches for lunch, and usually some kind of curry, chilli, stew, or whatever that can be stretched out for a week for dinner. And on top of all of that I usually have enough money left over for a block of chocolate, some cookies, and a tub of ice cream. I'm perfectly healthy, only idiots who can't cook fall for the "poverty = shit food" meme.
>>
Keyword for anyone who is super poor and just wants a cheap calorie source; BANANAS

Bananas are so fucking cheap for the amount of calories they provide. At local supersaver type store they are like 50 cents for a BUNDLE of 5. One banana is at least 100 calories and has other nutrients as well.

You can do a lot with bananas, like baking if you have some flour or doing some fancy Thai shit with rice or frying them. Add soy/tofu to fill in the protein gap and some lettuce and spinach and you have a complete diet.
>>
could save money by buying white rice instead of whole grain.

same with most of those things.

who needs 7 fucking limes a week anyway?
>>
>>25321224
>enough money left over for a block of chocolate, some cookies, and a tub of ice cream

Pro tip: bake your own cookies. It's piss easy and the only expensive ingredient is the choc chips. Everything else is either dirt cheap (flour, baking soda) or stuff you probably already have (sugar, butter, eggs). You can make a ridiculous amount of batter for a few bucks and it keeps for weeks so you can bake a fresh batch every day.
>>
I could eat better than that for $0 a day.
>go to food place
>someone throws out unfinished food
>eat it
Easy, fucking rich fucks
>>
>>25321541
>these fat cats didn't finish their plankton!
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.