[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you give into to promotional peer-pressure and follow the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
File: zenshit.jpg (220 KB, 980x1067) Image search: [Google]
zenshit.jpg
220 KB, 980x1067
Did you give into to promotional peer-pressure and follow the herd this holiday season?
>>
>>25316931
Wife, adopted child, cuck, bull.
>>
Yes, sadly.
>>
>>25316931
Yeah it was an alright movie. Saw it with a couple friends and it made for a decent night. I have my own obsessions so I can understand why Star Wars fans would be excited.
>>
>>25316931
Nope. Never watched star wars in my life. I feel like if you actually like star wars , chances are you are a fake nerd wannabe. Don't get me wrong there are probably real nerds out there who love star wars, but the majority of star war fans are fake hipster nerds just trying to fit in what the new cool fad culture is.
>>
>>25316931
Kind of. I got Jurassic World for Christmas.
>>
>>25316994
you and me both, I never saw star wars in my life, and I'm not planning to see it either.
>>
Nope. Just gonna add it to the list of popular shit I've never seen (or will see)

>Avengers 1 and 2
>Thor 1 and 2
>Frozen
>Iron Man movies
>Jurassic World
>Hunger Games movies
>>
No. I think Star Wars is okay but not worthy of the hype.
>>
>>25316931
>Cuck Pencils
I think its time for the uprising of greatness
>>
Saw it just a couple of hours ago.
>>
Downloaded the cam, it was pretty good.

I'm a refugee from /tv/ here at the moment, they are in Star Wars frenzy over there. It's worse than when Avatar came out.
>>
Fuck. No.

I am my own man and no nerd shit will tell me what to do.
>>
I'm breaking my non-movie thing and going to Star Wars alone today or tomorrow. There's just too many people seeing it
>>
ITT nobody that watched the original 4-6 and calling this new hipster hype.

You're more of a hipster for that mindset, because you're defying what's popular by bitching about this film.

Keep jerking off in your parents basement with your normie life, contemplating why a star wars nerd doesn't play cod and eat Cheetos like you do, they must be a fake nerd then, cuz its not like star wars was one forefront of being a geek.
>>
>>25316994
I think I mildly fit into the real nerds category.
I only liked SW because of the extended universe and all the depth it added to the lore, media like the novels, games and fanfictions are what kept most of the "fanbase" growing. The movies aren't and shouldn't be held as Hollywood masterpiece, especially the original trilogy. Although I pretty much packed my bags when Disney started jewing things up but I will never forget all the genuine good times I've had with the franchise
>>
Yes t bh, it's not like Star Wars has ever actually been great anyways
>>
>>25316931
>tfw the "nerds" I know gave me shit for saying I prefer Star Trek.
>>
>>25316931
That picture is gay and yes I did see Star Wars, I really liked it, I went by myself and when the movie ended I was the first one to stand up and the people who were behind me laughed.
>>
>>25317212
Hello reddit

You can leave now
>>
>>25316931
I saw it, yes. I've been a fan since 2005 when I bought RoTS on DVD. I liked Star Wars in an autistic level back then before anime/manga superseded it in my hierarchy.
>>
No one thinks Greedo shot first.
>>
fuck no im not giving those faggots my hard earned neet bux
>>
Nope. But since I've never watched a SW movie I thought I'd start with the 1st one. How much does this new one shit up the older ones?
>>
>>25317363
Don't bother watching the Prequels (Episode I-III). Only watch the Original Trilogy (Episode IV-VI). TFA aka Episode VII is basically a modernized, more accessible, SJW remake of Episode IV. It fill out its niche for SW nostalgia quite well, 8/10. Other than that, not anything great.
>>
>>25316994
>Never watched star wars in my life
Same here. I might look like a fucking idiot that I'm judging despite never seeing it, but it's the most overrated franchise in the world with nothing good behind it except marketing.
If I just got to know you IRL and you said you like star wars, I'd think less of you.
>>
>>25317414

Why should I bother with the prequels?
>>
>>25317290

Wtf is Reddit? You go to some stupid ass sites desu
>>
>>25317414
Hello REDDIT!!! HOW ARE YOU r/tv
>>
I tried my best to watch them in chronological order in prep for the new one, and had to quit after starting the 3rd one for the 4th time cause i kept falling asleep because of how shitty and boring it was. It's an overrated franchize liked by wannabe hipster/smart fucks. Big bang theory tier.
>>
>>25317530
This, although it's much higher than big bang theory, let's be real. But yeah, it's boring as shit.
>>
V>IV>VI=III>I>II>>>>>>>>>>VII

VII was lame, sanitized and soulless.
>>
>>25317645
Bro, they're all lame.
>>
>>25317482
The only time I ever visit Reddit is when a Google search directs me to pertinent information contained therein. I don't use /tv/ either. There's nothing wrong with the Prequels, but some regret watching them. Let the man watch the first three chronological movies first and then decide for himself if he wants to watch the prequels.
>>
>>25317645

I actually like I more than III
>>
>>25317530
It's only liked because normies are retarded and watched it when they were young, so obviously it must be "the best thing evar!!!"
>>
File: 1442257933147.png (38 KB, 269x232) Image search: [Google]
1442257933147.png
38 KB, 269x232
>got invited to this by cyborg friend
>decide to try and watch the original 3 to get psyched up for it
>finish A New Hope
>literally fucking meh, the most vanilla, 1-dimensional fantasy film I've ever seen
>really terrible pacing, film is all over the place
>fighter jet section at the end felt tacked on, almost felt like a different film
>had to force myself to finish it, felt like 5 hours long, didn't bother watching the rest

Even in the 70s that wafer thin plot and shitty acting must have seemed bad. Were people really so awe-inspired by the effects that they mistook a totally mediocre film for being a great fantasy epic? And this is supposedly the second best in the franchise? What is the appeal?
>>
>>25316994

star wars isnt a new fad. the original came out in the 70s you prick faggot. enjoy being pretentious.
>>
>>25317119
>Thor movies
>popular
heh
>>
>>25317800
except it is a fad, 90% of the people who shout about how great star wars is never watched a movie in their life before the one released this month
same happened with fallout 4 and other normie media, and will keep happening
>>
>>25316931
Wmaf promotion and black guy is probably also his boyfriend. So much degeneracy in that picture.
>>
>>25316931
I boycotted
>>
>>25317800
You know exactly what he's talking about you fucking retard
>omg le deadpoolz xd
>>
>>25318573
Black dude got freindzoned so hard he went into a coma senpai
>>
>>25317212
Filmography sucks. Get over it.

Music >> Literature >>>> Film

I don't care. Why would I go pay money to do something I don't care for? That's stupid.
>>
>>25316931
At least they'll never take my games from me. And even if they will, they won't dare to touch the japanese ones with a 20ft pole. Especially ones with scantily clad women in them.

And really the whole "OMG I'M SUCH A NERD XD" is just entry level things with little to no depth in them. I'm actually glad those are as horrible as they are because new people never cross the gap so they don't poison the rest of the community.
>>
>>25318573
white guy is a future cuck

azn girl def wants that bbc

not even sure why the redhead bitch is there
>>
>>25316931
Who the hell goes and wastes money at a theater?

>haven't been to one in over 10 years with my family.
>>
>>25316931
Yeah, the camrip was alright.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.