[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I forgot how to do long division
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: 1424991401624s.jpg (7 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1424991401624s.jpg
7 KB, 240x232
>I forgot how to do long division
>>
I can only do long devison for exponents :^(
It's never too late
>>
>>25315033

"long" division? Wut, muttafuckah?

(/ 10 5)

1/2

Or just

(coerce (/ 10 5) 'float)

if you want it in decimal form.
>>
>>25315033

I forgot how to write with a pen and no longer know where any of the US states are on a map except Texas and Florida.
>>
>>25315033
Thats okay, I only remember a shortcut of doing it my teacher taught me. She called it "short division" its where you don't write it out... I literally forgot how to show my work.
>>
I recently learnt how to do long division again. Feels good, man.

I'm 21 and it was for my GEDs.
>>
>mfw division comes as naturally as breathing
>>
File: 1441046104775.png (22 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1441046104775.png
22 KB, 633x758
>tfw can't tell left from right
>>
>>25315033
I forgot after I learned it in the 4th grade
>>
File: k_400x400.png (274 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
k_400x400.png
274 KB, 400x400
>tfw haven't written anything down with a pencil or a pen besides a phone number since high school
>tfw struggled with Algebra 1 in high school
>>
>>25315200

Just start with learning one of the two.
>>
>>25315033
we tend to forget a lot of things we learn if not used often, if you revisit it im sure it will click after a bit of time
>>
>>25315200

Are you severely dyspraxic?
>>
File: image.png (83 KB, 234x249) Image search: [Google]
image.png
83 KB, 234x249
>Earned the last of my math and english credits back in May
>Already forgot a huge chunk of it, especially the trig bullshit I'll never use
>Not even upset
>Smile when I overhear freshmen complain about MyMathLab assignments
>Feel like OP when I see problems I could've easily solved a year ago

Kind of glad it's slipping away from me at this point
>>
>>25315200
Just remember which hand do you use for writing and you will know unless you are a gipsy
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 869x721) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 869x721
>>25315200
>tfw always have to think for a second to do this
>>
>cant do any fucking maths at the top of my head
>born at just the right time to have smartphones so it doesn't fucking matter at all

Feels fucking good
>>
>can't subtract
>can't long divide
>can't do fractions
>can't tell how many objects are in front of me (example: if I see three balls on a table, I have to individually count them out, I can't tell just by looking
>never advanced in math beyond 5th grade
>constantly given the hurr u can do math u just have to apply urself meme
>>
>be good at maths all the way up until I was 17
>constantly get As
>get a new teacher
>the most boring motherfucker I've ever met, genuinely does not give a shit about his job
>he could go two years with a single class and wouldn't be able to name more than two or three of us
>gets to the point where I fall asleep in class
>stays like that for three goddamn years
>now I'm fucking incapable at maths

How do I recover from that?
>>
>>25316389

>the apply urself meme

Fuck that makes me so god damn angry. All my life teachers pumped my head and other students heads with this shit. All it does in the long run is lead to disappointment. If a kid is stupid, teach him to be a god damn ditch digger or brick layer, don't try to make him think he can do anything, because he can't.
>>
>tfw if I see one more joy division t-shirt I'm going to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in public
>>
What do you need Long Division for anyway?
>>
File: 1444905880267.jpg (15 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
1444905880267.jpg
15 KB, 400x387
>>25315033
>forgot
i didnt even learned in the first place lmao
>>
>>25316521
>"Anon you can speak [native language], you just need confidence! "
>write out entire essay to uh best of my ability, really proud of it
"What is this shit, Anon? It's complete jibberish. A child could write better than this"

I wish I was making this up, that was exactly as it happened. I dropped that subject like a hot sack of shit as soon as I could.
>>
Christ, humanity needs a cleansing so bad

If you're over the age of 10 and you can't do long division, for the love of God kill yourself
>>
>>25316687
Most of us just forgot and need a reminder.
>>
>>25316687
OH and by the way, you're a fucking faggot.
>>
I don't know what long division is
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.