[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to be there for friends who have it rough??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2
File: no way out.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
no way out.gif
410 KB, 221x196
Hey /r9k/, several friends of mine are going through some tough times, and i'd like some advice from you guys. One of my friends just heard his parents are going to divorce and that he cant finish his college course since he didn't pass a test (he is planning on coninuing elsewhere though) and some other friends of mine (brothers) are going through some hard times aswell. Their parents are having relationship issues, their dad is showing some manic depressive behavior, one of them has extreme anxiety issues and their grandfather is dieing as we speak.

For my friends this is all a bit much to take at one time and i've already let them know that im there for them 24/7 and they appreciate that. But what more can i do? Have you ever been through similar things and wished that you had gotten more support? What are do's and dont's while supporting / talking to someone who is going through such a rough time on their life?

Any sort of feedback / tips would be greatly appreciated.
>>
just be available, hang out with them, talk about normal stuff unless they feel like talking about their problems. even when you go through hard times you still want to live a normal life most of the time.
>>
File: amem foofboof.jpg (103 KB, 896x896) Image search: [Google]
amem foofboof.jpg
103 KB, 896x896
>>25313641
thats true. I mean i still play online games and hang out with those 2 brothers and tomorrow im gonna hang out with my other friend, so in that sense im all good i think. i'd like to make sure that im just not forcing myself on them and giving them enough space.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.